Article: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival 2013 according to Radcliffe and Maconie

UPDATE 5:30PM PT:

Response from Morrissey's rep:

'The Smiths will NEVER get back together,' says rep, despite new rumors - HitFix

This is what was just said on Radcliffe and Maconie on BBC6Music. The claim is that the next Coachella festival is to be meat free and 3 of the 4 Smiths will be playing there together.
The 1 missing was not named. You can listen to it online on BBc I-player, after 4 0 clock today when the show ends.
I hope it's true.

Other rumors at Holy Moly! (link posted by ToDieByYourSide):

The Smiths will reform in 2013 - confirmed by several sources with rumour of Glastonbury - Holy Moly!

Excerpt:

We’ve now heard from several credible sources that The Smiths have agreed to reform in 2013 for four UK shows. And despite such rumours turning out to be total balls in the past, this one has enough weight to it that we’re prepared to call it confirmed, and hang the consequences.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival 2013 according to Ra

How annoying are these two characters?

Re: Article: 75% of The Smiths to re-unite at Coachella Festival 2013 according to Ra

How annoying are these two characters?

You mean Maconie and Radcliff?

They are massive Smiths / Morrissey fans.

I was listening to Danny Baker show on BBC London Radio today.
Amy Lame again managed to add Morrissey reference (she played bit of The Loop).

iPlayer is up now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b01n2mlg

Actual rumour is on 02:21, again another Twitter misunderstanding from a blogger Paul McGee.

Last edited:

Johnny Marr's deactivated his facebook account the plot thickens.

yes I did mean Maconie Radcliffe, who knew Smiths/Morrissey fans could be so naff.

Johnny Marr's deactivated his facebook account the plot thickens.

Very tech savvy to deactivate FB. Johnny simply doesn't want to get millions of comments from users.

Very tech savvy to deactivate FB. Johnny simply doesn't want to get millions of comments from users.

He gets "Reunion rumour" comments hundreds of times every day. I'm starting to believe there is something in the speculation now. Btw I don't think Johnny has deactivated his account - it's still showing in my feed? He did delete a link to the reunion story, though.

I'm with the peeps who agree that once It's posted on TTY. I'll take it serious.
Until then, don't hold your breath.

He gets "Reunion rumour" comments hundreds of times every day. I'm starting to believe there is something in the speculation now. Btw I don't think Johnny has deactivated his account - it's still showing in my feed? He did delete a link to the reunion story, though.

I think he has two FB accounts. I show the one I have still active too, and he he did delete the link I put there this morning from HolyMoly when usually he just ignores reunion mentions or addresses.

He deactivates fb to avoid comments but leaves Twitter up?

i'd be pretty disappointed, actually, if there was a smiths reunion.

If they so chose, this would be a great opportunity to celebrate the 30th anniv. of Hand in Glove. But regardless, this would be about so much more than the past. So many of us, while recognizing that time has passed, would be thrilled to see what they come up with in the HERE and NOW. (I don't necessarily mean new songs, just new performances)

This false rumor is based on this recent Moz quote:

http://www.news.com.au/news/morrissey-the-extended-interview/story-fnejnl1p-1226481783583

Q: At Coachella a few years you complained about the waft of burning flesh from a nearby barbeque. Has that been a problem since at outdoor shows?

A: Not at all, and interestingly the agents for Coachella offered a 100-per-cent vegetarian event for the following year if I would agree to headline with Johnny Marr as the Smiths. Fascinatingly they made it clear that they would 'not require' the Smiths' bass player or drummer ... which I thought certainly said something.

I don't know yet if the rumor is true or false... but another interpretation of the above quote is it's actually Morrissey negotiating with Coachella via the press. IE, he's expressing his terms or putting pressure on Coachella to agree to them.

Maybe it'll be Marr, Rourke and Joyce.

Maybe it'll be Marr, Rourke and Joyce.

I think something may have been lost in translation here. If it ever happens it'll be Morrissey, Marr, Rourke and drummer 'X'. I wouldn't necessarily dismiss these rumours out of hand here. There's something about it this time, can't quite put my finger on it...

P.

I think something may have been lost in translation here. If it ever happens it'll be Morrissey, Marr, Rourke and drummer 'X'. I wouldn't necessarily dismiss these rumours out of hand here. There's something about it this time, can't quite put my finger on it...

P.

Johnny's uncharacteristically cagey behaviour? :thumb:

I don't know yet if the rumor is true or false... but another interpretation of the above quote is it's actually Morrissey negotiating with Coachella via the press. IE, he's expressing his terms or putting pressure on Coachella to agree to them.

To add to this: A few days ago Morrissey gives an interview laying out explicit terms for a reunion at Coachella. Today, rumors abound that a deal has been reached.

Time to start building up my Smiths travel budget for 2013?

Johnny's uncharacteristically cagey behaviour? :thumb:

No, much more than that, an adding up of events and cryptic comments.

P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom