Who could Morrissey collaborate with?

Re:

Mark Ronson?

Re:

Very generally , I think I'd like to see Moz collaborate with an established guitarist ( or two) whose musical personality was sufficient to withstand the .... umm...... demands for musical obedience ( sorry Moz !). Back in the day ( think early/mid 90s) , I would have loved an EP featuring Edge from U2 & produced by Eno. Sadly , Edge seems to have lost interest , over the last decade, in bumping up against pop/rock convention. The last few U2 albums sound like what you might hear while nodding off during a church service.

Re:

John Frusciante is marvellous.
I could get behind listening to him with Moz. He's collobrated with Dave Gahan. [I'm a fan of his solo and group projects but not into red hot chilli peppers]

It'd be interesting to see him go in another style like when Robert Smith worked with Crystal Castles.
He could go electronic and work with vnv nation.

Re:

I think Mozz would suit a collaboration with Michael Stipe.

I love Stipe's input in Kristin Hersh's 'Your Ghost', and I think something simple and similar would work for Mozz too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re:

For the more sweeping, torch style, how about Neil Hannon (Divine Comedy)? Or how about Mike Barson from Madness. Basically, anyone who is not going to be told to dress as a sailor would bring back some much needed tension to the music side.

Re:

How about the EDL with a view to putting together an immigration policy.

Blimey Peterb, you sound like an idiot.

Re:

Gosh Joe, all I did was make a joke and here I am being insulted! Oh well, that's Moz Solo for you.

A 'joke' implying that Morrissey shares the beliefs of a racist bunch of human skid-marks like the English Defence League. Oh well, that's Moz Solo for you.

Re:

Remarkable.

Your joke was a lapse in taste and judgement, joking about hatred and racism was inappropriate in this case.

Let's get this thread back on course.

Best suggestions so far imho:
Jonny Greenwood
The London Philharmonic Orchestra
oh yeah and the xx :)

Back
Top Bottom