What is currently your favorite television show(s)?

The_Last_Ship_zpsaf9a9d3c.jpg

gonna DL more of this show I think :thumb: but what's up with all the "end of the world" shows :confused:
anyways, long day ahead for me :straightface:
read you all later :guitar:

Last edited:
I love obstacle course shows. :blushing:

Last edited by a moderator:
diane-kruger-demian-bichir-the-bridge-550-fx.jpg

"The Bridge" is back, one of the few cop shows I watch, granted, I'd probably watch anything with Diane Kruger in it :blushing:
OK, so off to watch a couple of episodes of it then go to sleep, hopefully to dream of solving crimes :rolleyes: with her :p

another new show:
200px-The_Strain_promotional_poster.jpg

I like the way its shot and I like the idea of vampires as icky yucky monsters much more than I use to, the whole beautiful vamps thing is just so boring to me these days, not even keeping up on "True Blood" anymore :straightface:

The_Last_Ship_zpsaf9a9d3c.jpg

gonna DL more of this show I think :thumb:
up to date on this show now and well, my like for it has turned to love :blushing:
in so many ways it represents what I love about my country :o which I know has seen better days :straightface:
but I really hope the world does not give up on the idea which we have failed to exemplify for(ever more so with time) oh let's say the last half century :rolleyes:
however, let's be honest here, we merely took the banner from our British brethren and maybe someone will pick it up from us :thumb:
but until then, wherever I am and I hear the words I once myself recited:

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

my heart will fill with love for all that have taken that oath along with me & all it represents, hooah
even if I hear it recited by a bunch of actors recited playing sailors of all things :cool::p:guitar:

just noticed today that
wilfred_zps2aef180e.jpg

love this show, can't wait to catch up on it tomorrow after my meeting :guitar:
its over, it was great, but now there is a void in my TV viewing life* :straightface:
where I am going to find another very funny and yet deeply philosophical half hour show :confused:

*=10 shows, so less than 10 hours...

I have great affection for True Blood, which is ending next week.
yeah, gonna catch up on the last 5 tomorrow, perhaps :o
today was the return of "Doctor Who" :guitar: and another episode of:
efc8ef422627aee863ba18a50f651c3b_zpscb3d8d79.jpg

I first watched it because, well, it takes place in Scotland :blushing: but I find myself actually liking it :eek:
and because of Ronald Moore's involvement I guess I just assume that there is some massive backstory to all of it :rolleyes:

MARRIED has been pretty great so far. Especially the most recent episode.

"I'm gonna make you pregnant!!!"

just watched the first episode of suits and IT IS AMAZING!! i love it but i like smart people being smart. slew of superb solid actors and the first episode is flawless t.v. really excited by the potential the series is displaying. anyone else watching cause in feel late to the table so to speak.

suits is holding up really well so far as im about to finish the first season and start the second today. its like jeff winger graduated chimdale and went back into corporate law. highly highly recommended

The Strain, a vampire horror from Billy the Bull. I'm six episodes into this ongoing series.

A Boeing 777, let's call it the Demeter, arrives from Berlin/Varna, and lands at JFK/Whitby, but everyone on board is... dead-ish after a mysterious something stowed away on board escapes and wreaks havoc.

Despite its obvious origins, and Bram Stoker meets HP Lovecraft is hardly a bad thing, this is quite fun so far, but for me some of the characters were rather unlikeable. Sadly those were the characters who were supposed to be the heroes.

The Strain, a vampire horror from Billy the Bull. I'm six episodes into this ongoing series.

A Boeing 777, let's call it the Demeter, arrives from Berlin/Varna, and lands at JFK/Whitby, but everyone on board is... dead-ish after a mysterious something stowed away on board escapes and wreaks havoc.

Despite its obvious origins, and Bram Stoker meets HP Lovecraft is hardly a bad thing, this is quite fun so far, but for me some of the characters were rather unlikeable. Sadly those were the characters who were supposed to be the heroes.
obviously its totally derivative of other things, but I really like the icky-yucky vamps angle and the old guy is pretty cool
also, his Nazi adversary is a pretty good bad guy, one thing I would like the show to do is find a way to get
attachment.php

Mía Maestro more scantily clad :p

Googlebox is back so Googlebox.

The Strain has long since bored me close to tears. Surely there won't be a second series? The derivate nature of it first seemed clever and a knowing device by people who loved the genre. Now it seems a vampire tale by a cynical committee. Dracula clone arrives but to JFK rather than Whitby, his helper ready for his arrival like Salem's Lot, but a Nazi like in Hellboy, and an elderly Van Helsing figure with Magneto's backstory. Most disturbing, however, is the steroidal David Guest character. Who needs a latex incubus when those eyebrows are in shot?

Boardwalk Empire: I've been underwhelmed by this final series. All the constituent parts are there but it just hasn't clicked. The Godfather II style Nucky flashbacks seem a strange and sudden conceit. Almost as if they couldn't think of anything else. I hope it doesn't go out with a whimper.

Gogglebox!

Back
Top Bottom