What is currently your favorite television show(s)?

I've got a Samsung LED flats screen thing, it was on Channel 4 though, the first episode tonight. I've just watched it all and loved it. Really good atmospheric style of directing but doesn't distract you from the fine acting and well thought-out cast. I really like Martin Freemans character, kind of reminds me of Jack Lemmon in Glengarry Glen Ross, really like Billy Bob too never really been my cup of tea but here he's a bad-ass. Also Bob Odenkirk is in it so it automatically goes up a few points in my book.

Looking forward to next week :thumb:

I've got an older Samsung, one with the time switch on the back. No idea why they dropped that off the later models.

Glad you liked it, and, yes, great spot on the Jack Lemmon thing. I was left mystified as to how episode two would even kick off, let alone the whole series.

Endeavour finished tonight with a couple of cliffhangers. I'll miss this show so much. At least we have Fargo to fill in some of the void before Boardwalk Empire and Doctor Who turn up again. I'll need to start watching some of these series I've acquired and never watched, starting with the original version of The Killing. I like a good read.

The Louie new season trailers are coming in. :D Can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Endeavour finished tonight with a couple of cliffhangers. I'll miss this show so much. At least we have Fargo to fill in some of the void before Boardwalk Empire and Doctor Who turn up again. I'll need to start watching some of these series I've acquired and never watched, starting with the original version of The Killing. I like a good read.
yeah, the last Endeavour, wow, really wish there was more than 4 a year :confused:
as to Fargo(the show) seeing it made me watch the film again, still a masterpiece
and back on my viewing list is
orphan-black-season-2-poster9_zps7322eb6a.jpg

pleasantly surprised to see it make it to a second season :thumb:

Can I nominate an oldy -

Generation War. A three part German language drama set in 1941 as the Wehrmacht head East. It jumps back and forth between the frontline and those back home.

The first episode was pretty good although as the troops' slow realisation that this escapade isn't quite what it was meant to be begins to dawn I was reminded me of this...

Finally saw the first episode of Fargo. Loved it. Can't wait to see the next two tonight. BBT is perfect. I hope he remains a central character throughout at least the first season.

Finally saw the first episode of Fargo. Loved it. Can't wait to see the next two tonight. BBT is perfect. I hope he remains a central character throughout at least the first season.

Yaaah, I knew you'd like it. I've just finished the third episode and BBT has remained a central character so far, at least. I suspect that will continue. Fargo is the best thing on TV for a while, and the only show to get me straight to the torrent sites first thing in the morning since The Sopranos ended. It has that perfect mix of absurdity, comedy and brutality. While downloading this morning I found myself thinking "There's only seven more of these this year."

It's hard to see how both Freeman and BBT survive the final episode.

Yaaah, I knew you'd like it. I've just finished the third episode and BBT has remained a central character so far, at least. I suspect that will continue. Fargo is the best thing on TV for a while, and the only show to get me straight to the torrent sites first thing in the morning since The Sopranos ended. It has that perfect mix of absurdity, comedy and brutality. While downloading this morning I found myself thinking "There's only seven more of these this year."

It's hard to see how both Freeman and BBT survive the final episode.

"It has that perfect mix of absurdity, comedy and brutality." Agree. Perfectly twisted.

Only seven more? Quality over quantity, I suppose. It is definitely my new favorite drama. After Breaking Bad ended I went into withdrawal mode. But I think I found my new fix.

Veep just keeps getting funnier.

"Let's throw cum! Let's throw cum!"

My show got cancelled! Boooooo. Maybe it's prophetic. :cool:

10320588_828910840469767_4603270417662125743_n.jpg

I like Gervais a lot, especially the XFM and Guardian podcasts (not his Twatter persona), but I find Derek a tough watch. I just don't see this warmth people go on about in the character. It may be because of his previous "mong" comments, but it seems to have an undercurrent of nastiness about it. I saw an episode which ended up with an elderly lady with "cum bucket" or similar stuck on a post-it note on her forehead and that was enough for me. Like cum perhaps Derek might have started off warm, but it got very, very cold very, very quickly indeed.

Fargo. Just five left. Sigh. What a shame. I shall miss this show so much. This week Lester is back in his Elmer Fudd outfit, Malvo is as dry, witty and menacing as ever, and you just don't know if a certain person is going to get killed until he does, or alternatively doesn't. All this and a pink police scanner. Show of the year.

PS: And talking of other contenders for show of the year, I have a new favourite album. Some kind anonymous soul has put together a nearly fifty track unofficial True Detective soundtrack. Spectacular stuff. Available now at your "usual" "online" "stockists".

Fargo. Just five left. Sigh. What a shame. I shall miss this show so much. This week Lester is back in his Elmer Fudd outfit, Malvo is as dry, witty and menacing as ever, and you just don't know if a certain person is going to get killed until he does, or alternatively doesn't. All this and a pink police scanner. Show of the year.

Loving Fargo. Only five left? :(

Loving Fargo. Only five left? :(

It's going by so fast. It bears watching multiple times, and I assume we are heading for a clash between Malvo and the hitmen which should be great fun, but it's raced by.

I finally got around to my True Detective marathon. I was hoping to do it at Easter, but "events, dear boy, events." I didn't really fully get into it until the third or fourth episode, when it really started to get interesting. I found the MM current day chats with the two black 'tecs a bit annoying. Too much pseudo-intellectual bollocks for my tastes.

The ending was good, but a little bit of a cop out, no pun intended, and the light at the end of the tunnel for McConaughey's character seemed at odds with what we knew of him from the entire series. I like the concept of redemption, but he didn't seem very redeemable.

Brad Pitt rumoured for series two, apparently.

Back
Top Bottom