What is currently your favorite television show(s)?

Just started watching this series on Netflix. Really like it so far.

dexter.jpg

&

Pilot for new Showtime series, The Affair, starting tonight. Here is the full first episode available to stream on YouTube:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started watching this series on Netflix. Really like it so far.

Dexter-Morgan-dexter-8263816-1024-768.jpg
great except the final season :o
anyways, deleted some posts and am ready to give my full TV rundown for at least a while, this is the time of the year when I tend to get myself in a lot of trouble when going out so am in most nights til at least Halloween, will be watching:
Homeland - its back and its gr8!
Once Upon a Time
Supernatural - always
Boardwalk Empire
Doctor Who
Blacklist
Gotham
Sleepy Hollow
Stalker
- if it makes it, fingers crossed
Key & Peele
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
New Girl

&
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown

-awaiting American Horror Story and "The Walking Dead" of course
also, "Daily Show" and "Colbert Report" remain musts
--really, its too much, some will just get DLed and watched when its too cold to go out later in the year :rolleyes:

My daughters have gotten me hooked on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

I watched that show for years then just forgot about it :o but my Welsh flatmate is watching it now and when he gets to like Season 4 or something :confused:
I told him I'll watch it with him, but I have a feeling it could become part of our "going out prep" :squiffy::lbf:

Last edited by a moderator:
Boardwalk Empire jumped into life this week. Now we must ask ourselves if, at this rate, the last episode will consist of a lovingly slow forty-five minute pan shot across a room to Al Capone sat at his desk, then a fade to black.

My weekly must watches
The Good Wife
The Affair
Law and Order SUV
Parenthood
Elementary

Apparently I don't have a sense of humor.

Parts Unknown's Iran episode was eye-opening. The Iranians seem very kind and gentle. Too bad their government is headed by religious fanatics.

Started watching MasterChef Junior last night. A softer side of Gordon Ramsay without a doubt. Boy is he a snazzy dresser. Oh and the miniature cooks are adorable and very talented. Great fun!

Last edited:
I'm a big CBS fan. All-seeing Eye for the win.

My primetime network staples are:

Mom (One of my favorite shows ever)
Mike and Molly
Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men (it's the final season, I'm gonna watch)
Elementary
The McCarthys (Well-written, I like it so far)
Bob's Burgers
Family Guy

I feel like I should be watching The Good Wife. Everyone talks about it. I also have caught a few of those Tia Leoni as president shows, not bad.

Last edited:
"True Detective"....watched the DVD. I don't watch television. I'm just no fun.

I'm a big CBS fan. All-seeing Eye for the win.

My primetime network staples are:

Mom (One of my favorite shows ever)
Mike and Molly
Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men (it's the final season, I'm gonna watch)
Elementary
The McCarthys (Well-written, I like it so far)
Bob's Burgers
Family Guy

I feel like I should be watching The Good Wife. Everyone talks about it. I also have caught a few of those Tia Leoni as president shows, not bad.

You changed your opinion about TBBT? Are you starting from the beginning or just watching this season?

You changed your opinion about TBBT? Are you starting from the beginning or just watching this season?

I've watched it from day one. I think it's funny, it's still fosters a sense of pseudo-intelligence. People align themselves with a program and become loyal in order to glean it's MO, nerdy intelligence. It's why the show has been so wildly successful, it caters to the false allegiance of "If I watch this show, I am intelligent." If you say Bazinga it doesn't make you a theoretical physicist. It's still well-written.

My sister and I go to studio tapings all the time. Last year we saw Two Broke Girls because I'm a big fan of Whitney Cummings (she was literally writing the jokes in front of us and having them do different takes, it was fascinating.) and Fred Savage was directing his last episode. We had to stand in line next to the Big Bang fans, it tapes in the studio next door...omg, they were the WORST. THe most annoying people ever. Worse than Morrissey fans. :p

Last edited:
I've watched it from day one. I think it's funny, it's still fosters a sense of pseudo-intelligence. People align themselves with a program and become loyal in order to glean it's MO, nerdy intelligence. It's why the show has been so wildly successful, it caters to the false allegiance of "If I watch this show, I am intelligent." If you say Bazinga it doesn't make you a theoretical physicist. It's still well-written.

I just love the characters--every single one of them. Don't think I felt that way since Cheers. I am not like any of them but they are so lovable. Wasn't this season's first episode of Two and a Half Men great? Can't wait to see what happens.

I just love the characters--every single one of them. Don't think I felt that way since Cheers. I am not like any of them but they are so lovable. Wasn't this season's first episode of Two and a Half Men great? Can't wait to see what happens.

I saw a fascinating Big Bang clip where the cameramen asked the actors what they did over the break. The girl who plays Bernadette is FAKING that nasally voice. She has a beautiful, normal non-squeaky voice. I wish I could track it down, I can't remember where I saw it. She played Hoyt's girlfriend for a season on True Blood, she was employed by his mother to sway him from vampire Jessica...she used the same squeaky voice, I assumed it was her voice. Nope.

I saw a fascinating Big Bang clip where the cameramen asked the actors what they did over the break. The girl who plays Bernadette is FAKING that nasally voice. She has a beautiful, normal non-squeaky voice. I wish I could track it down, I can't remember where I saw it. She played Hoyt's girlfriend for a season on True Blood, she was employed by his mother to sway him from vampire Jessica...she used the same squeaky voice, I assumed it was her voice. Nope.

Whoa, I will have to look for that clip. Amazing acting! I love her character.

so blacklist never worked itself out but i can still watch for james performance witch is great.

the only thing ive been watching lately that doesnt suck is peaky blinders. so far so good and im hoping it works out the production flaws which i think it might (soundtrack really needs some tweaking if it wants to go beyond a boad walk empire copy. look stupidly amazing

Bit late I guess but finally have all the episodes of "Fargo". I love the bleak cold version of America with people looking like they do in reality. Not cute or ugly but ordinary and fat and miserable. Cannot stand all the other dramas that people on here are going on about. Especially not fantasy related tv series with terrible actors who you know want to film something a bit more real and special.

The no brainers moved from the cinema screen to the tv screen and it is junk as far as I'm concerned. Grown people watching vampires and Batman and what not just makes me cringe.

peaky blinders is a show for anyone who has love and admiration for boardwalk empire. right after ww1 a gang of ex soldiers form a gang called the peaky blinders who steal a create they thought was contraband but turned out to be a crate of machine guns. this prompts the government to send a righteous and corrupt special investigator to see if its gangs who took them, the communists or other. while this is occurring the peaky blinders make there move to the bigger game of legitimate gambling by taking over another gangs territory. pretty fantastic so far and the cinematography and set design costume and acting is superb. a netflix original, watch it

peaky blinders (doesnt hurt that i get to stare at this guy for the whole show)

ESGQnfgj.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom