What is currently your favorite television show(s)?

Detectorists, which I think has been the best thing on British TV this year. Superb theme song too.

Am currently making my way through Curb Your Enthusiasm - having seen most, but not all before. Superb show.

didnt realize that tom hardy from inception was in this show, peaky blinders. the cast is getting really large. sam neil from jurassic park does the best job though. he brings an intensity and trouble expression that takes years of practice imo. also has joe cole, respected member of the suede forum since 1988. last line was a just a joke at joe from the suede forum

Really late to the party with this one. They're showing reruns of 'Dexter' right now. I never watched it before and now I LOVE it!

Just watched my very first episode of The Voice (season seven, episode one)--at my mom's recommendation. I actually love it. Am starting episode two now. Have no clue how this show works. Love Pharrell and the other judges. The contestants look to be a lot of fun too. We shall see. If it is great, I'll watch the earlier seasons as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Really late to the party with this one. They're showing reruns of 'Dexter' right now. I never watched it before and now I LOVE it!

I was a late viewer as well. Binge-watched all seasons of it on Netflix in record time. Have fun. :)

peeky blinders is still the best new show on t.v. and it just got way better after the end of the second season. i dont think im going to be able to wait until october 2015 for season three. cant believe no one here is watching it. not sure why as its cast is stupid good and the bbc is usually pretty good at the historical accuracy and the set is breathe taking. someone watch it. you wont be disappointed

black mirror and grand hotel. the first is sci fi while the second is a mystery

Brian Pern - A Life In Rock, which this week included a gentle piss take of Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
after many of my Brit friends suggesting I watch it, I finally got around to seeing some of:
Charlie_Brooker_s_Black_Mirror_series_two___plot_details_and_casting_revealed.jpg

the first episode and a "xmas" special, both were gr8 and I plan on seeing the rest during my short vaca :)

Which is the British Twilight Zone-esque show where the prime minister had to f*** a pig to save the princess? My friend saw that episode just recently and it scarred her for life, she couldn't stop talking about it all weekend.

Which is the British Twilight Zone-esque show where the prime minister had to f*** a pig to save the princess? My friend saw that episode just recently and it scarred her for life, she couldn't stop talking about it all weekend.

I don't think that was a show. I'm nearly positive it's one of the many things that Prime Minister Ted Heath got up to during the 1970s. Perhaps your friend was watching a documentary? Was the 'Princess' a man with long blonde hair smoking a cigar?

Regards,
Mozambiguous
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2089051/
^^^ Typing "Prime Minister Pig" into Google worked wonders. Who knew? You might consider trying something similar next time you have a question concerning a show that a friend watched. I was hoping to see a picture of David Cameron with a snout upon searching for those words, but no such luck.

Last edited:
That's the first episode of the first series of Black Mirror.

That's the first episode of the first series of Black Mirror.

Oh that one Robby mentioned? It really rattled her. And it was on her birthday and all she wanted to do was watch Love Actually but they saw that episode instead...after walking home from dinner with another mutual friend who may be pregnant and stopped to vomit against a wall. It was like the perfect evening of horrors. Happy Birthday Stacie! Lol.

Last edited:
after many of my Brit friends suggesting I watch it, I finally got around to seeing some of:
Charlie_Brooker_s_Black_Mirror_series_two___plot_details_and_casting_revealed.jpg

the first episode and a "xmas" special, both were gr8 and I plan on seeing the rest during my short vaca :)

god thank f@ck someone has watched this now. i recommend it above a few times along with grand hotel (another show you should be watching) and peaky blinders (the best new series). tom hardy is beyond amazing in peaky blinders

Gonna start watching season one of The Wire tonight. Anybody a fan?

good god yes. its the best made tv show ever from a production stand point. its flawless. season four is the best one. the first season is cops and dealers. the second moves to the port authority and starts a political run with both seasons connecting in the third flawlessly. fourth season goes into public schools and five wraps it up. only mad men has come this close to being the greatest.

as ive said above everyone should be watching peaky blinders black mirror and grand hotel. best new tv shows in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom