What is currently your favorite television show(s)?

Re: gonna take a cab to work today

Did you catch Morgan Spurlock's show, Inside Man, afterwards? I thought it was pretty good. Will try to watch season one soon.

I revisited Rushmore again the other day hoping I might 'get' the Anderson appeal. I just don't. I found all the characters to be unrelatable. I just don't grasp these worlds he creates. I feel completely outside looking in and scratching my head. And I found his use of music to be overly intrusive and gimmicky. What am I missing?

Can't say I am familiar with the Quay Bros works. What would be a good film to start with?

Insofar as he has a somewhat unique voice, while drawing on a large group of influences (notably Renoir and Ashby) I find his work to be charming. I’m not one to fall for the “eccentric” badge he sometimes gets, but I really find his films and characters memorable. As for his musical choices, I find them to be appropriate, especially considering the melancholic and nostalgic undertones of his work.

Quay Brothers – its “Institute Benjementa” or nothing. Find a copy quick. Then you can check out their stop motion stuff after

Insofar as he has a somewhat unique voice, while drawing on a large group of influences (notably Renoir and Ashby) I find his work to be charming. I’m not one to fall for the “eccentric” badge he sometimes gets, but I really find his films and characters memorable. As for his musical choices, I find them to be appropriate, especially considering the melancholic and nostalgic undertones of his work.

Quay Brothers – its “Institute Benjementa” or nothing. Find a copy quick. Then you can check out their stop motion stuff after

Thanks for sharing your insight. And I will try to find that film today.

I don't think any of the girls on Girls are hot. Shoshana is an idiot, weirdo imo. Adam is hot. He is the best thing about that show.

- - - Updated - - -

What did you think about Veep? I thought it was perfect and hilarious, as usual. What is going to happen to Jonah?

Yeah, really good start. I'm looking forward to the Jonah thing.

Another great Endeavour last night. Such a daft show, yet so, so good. It's perfect Sunday night television.

TCM are showing Basil Rathbone in Sherlock Holmes And The House Of Fear. It's loosely based on The Adventure Of The Five Orange Pips. A sppoky mansion where the inhabitants are being mysteriously picked off one by one, thunder and lightning every night. Glorious gothic goodness.

Fargo starts tomorrow, I believe. I hope my very high expectations don't ruin my enjoyment.

Yeah, really good start. I'm looking forward to the Jonah thing.

Another great Endeavour last night. Such a daft show, yet so, so good. It's perfect Sunday night television.

TCM are showing Basil Rathbone in Sherlock Holmes And The House Of Fear. It's loosely based on The Adventure Of The Five Orange Pips. A sppoky mansion where the inhabitants are being mysteriously picked off one by one, thunder and lightning every night. Glorious gothic goodness.

Fargo starts tomorrow, I believe. I hope my very high expectations don't ruin my enjoyment.

Missed Veep last night but have it on my PC ready to go. Also, I too am looking forward to Fargo. Loved the movie. Hope the show is just as quirky and twisted as the film. With BBT at the helm, odds are it will be. :)

Mad Men Season Seven!

cb0ec915-66df-f2ba-837a-67cf42886eb2_MM_701_MY_1107_0686.jpg

one thing to get done today, buy a new phone, how many hours could that take?

I quite like "Endeavour" glad he is finally hooking up with that cute black nurse :thumb:
as for "Fargo", yeah, I'll be sad if it sucks, actually, don't know when I will get around to watching it :confused:
I DL a lot of stuff, then move it to another drive
and just let them sit there, I've got about 80 gigs of movies and tv shows stored up this way now, 40 more to go on that drive :rolleyes:
but some shows I watch as soon as I can like right now those are:
"Game of Thrones" "Hannibal" "The Blacklist" "The Americans" "The Following" "Da Vinci's Demons" "Vikings" "Supernatural" & "Once Upon a Time"
Mad Men Season Seven!

cb0ec915-66df-f2ba-837a-67cf42886eb2_MM_701_MY_1107_0686.jpg
shit, this is a must see, DLing now, looks like some other show is going in the "deep freeze"
think the seasons of most of the shows I am currently watching are ending in May though :o
at least that's when American shows use to have their finales :confused:

Re: one thing to get done today, buy a new phone, how many hours could that take?

I really love the CBS show Mom. Tonight's season finale had some stupid, some hilarious, some tearjerker and an intelligent closing scene.

mom_cbs_2.jpg

Re: one thing to get done today, buy a new phone, how many hours could that take?

One of my current favorites. The Blood Eagle makes me go ouch!...owie yowie!...oh f***!...sweet pagan nightmare!...call a medic!...Snagglepuss in boiling piss ewww! Or something like that. Heh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Repeats of Father Ted. Irish/British sitcom about three hapless priests - very funny, never tires me.

One of my current favorites. The Blood Eagle makes me go ouch!...owie yowie!...oh f***!...sweet pagan nightmare!...call a medic!...Snagglepuss in boiling piss ewww! Or something like that. Heh.

This, and Thrones.

Fargo was so good. Really promising. Looked beautiful, and had that lovely Coen Brothers dialogue. I think I might be raving about this by the end of the month.

Fargo was so good. Really promising. Looked beautiful, and had that lovely Coen Brothers dialogue. I think I might be raving about this by the end of the month.
yeah, I liked it too, did not expect all that stuff to happen in one hour :eek:
anyways, today saw some of
Episodes_logo.png

this show, really enjoyed it, will watch more at some point :guitar:

Really dug the premiere episode. Thornton often times annoys me but he's perfect here. Retained the Coenesque flavor of the film yet it is its own dish...plus it wasted no time getting the ball rolling.

All my friends are going bonkers for Neil Degrasse-Tyson's Cosmos but it interferes with a few others shows I watch on Sunday so I'll just watch it as a marathon later on.

download.jpg

^^^^^

What make of television do you have? It's horrible you have missed it. :( The only answer to missing the first episode I can think of is probably to torrent it.

I need to watch this. I saw the first couple of episodes and loved it- I don't know why I haven't watched it since.
I also need to watch Thrones.

^^^^^

What make of television do you have? It's horrible you have missed it. :( The only answer to missing the first episode I can think of is probably to torrent it.

I've got a Samsung LED flats screen thing, it was on Channel 4 though, the first episode tonight. I've just watched it all and loved it. Really good atmospheric style of directing but doesn't distract you from the fine acting and well thought-out cast. I really like Martin Freemans character, kind of reminds me of Jack Lemmon in Glengarry Glen Ross, really like Billy Bob too never really been my cup of tea but here he's a bad-ass. Also Bob Odenkirk is in it so it automatically goes up a few points in my book.

Looking forward to next week :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom