Morrissey-solo Wiki launched Aug. 28, 2012

The Morrissey-solo Wiki is now live! After several months of work getting the architecture, technical details and initial content / examples in place, it's ready for your input, which will be the most important factor in its success or failure. Take a look around, this is and likely always will be a work in progress so suggestions and feedback will always be welcome. The main focus is on factual and verifiable Morrissey/Smiths-related information and to improve organization of information on this site and elsewhere.

From the main page of the wiki there are links to the main sections. Here are some example pages to follow for reference:

See a mistake or want to add some information? All contributions are welcome, whoever you are, as long as they are factual. If you have an issue with an individual user, other parts of the site, or me personally I hope you will overlook that and still contribute to this resource. If you prefer to edit information 'anonymously', you can login with the wiki-only user account (username / password: Wikiuser / solowiki). All edits will be monitored and reviewed for veracity and abuse. Check the Recent Changes page for the latest edits.

Again I want to emphasize this is just the beginning, there are a lot of pages that need to be created, gaps to be filled, features to be created. Wiki editing has a bit of a learning curve but with a little effort I believe anyone can be comfortable with it. At the start I am focused on fixing any technical / design issues. Please leave feedback either here in this thread / site suggestions forum or on the 'discussion' tabs of the wiki individual wiki pages. Suggestions can also be made on the To-do list / Suggestions wiki page. Overall the project is way beyond what I expected for the initial launch and I have great expectations for it over the years.

Credits

The idea of adding a wiki section to the site came from !Viva Hate! back in April 2012. Following some research I found the MuseWiki as an example for an artist wiki and the MediaWiki software and then followed the example of Wikipedia as a general reference. Thanks to bepe for the vBulletin / MediaWiki integration code.

The Morrissey-solo Wiki came together because of those volunteers listed below working under the floorboards for the past several months. Thanks especially to !Viva Hate! for the initial idea of adding a wiki section to the site and for working out the structure and early pages to set good examples to follow.

!Viva Hate!:

• General wiki architecture and categorization
  • Morrissey / Smiths album and single discography
  • Morrissey / Smiths song pages, lyrics
  • Current / past band line-ups and personnel
  • Initial Morrissey / Smiths live history, media appearances
  • Morrissey-solo Wiki mastheads
MozRecording:

• Initial Morrissey / Smiths live history content
  • Initial Morrissey / Smiths bootlegs content
  • Morrissey video discography
Skylarker:

• Initial Morrissey / Smiths bootlegs content
Kewpie:

• Initial list of influences

Last edited:
I'm puzzled about this ' Wiki' part

but I know 1 thing for sure Morrissey's Utrecht gig in 1991, was may the 1rst NOT as mentioned the 2nd

all the best to keep it well informed

Thanks for pointing that out. I should have corrected it when I checked the setlist on PJLM but I guess I missed that one. Let me know if you see any others so they can get fixed too. -MR

Two things I've noticed but don't know how to fix:

1. The Smiths discography section is missing The Complete Picture.
2. The lyrics box for each song just puts everything into one big paragraph, not spaced out lines like it should be.

Two things I've noticed but don't know how to fix:

1. The Smiths discography section is missing The Complete Picture.
2. The lyrics box for each song just puts everything into one big paragraph, not spaced out lines like it should be.

Looks like we need a videos section in The Smiths discog.

Last edited:
Why don't you create it, then?

I did have a look to see if I could do it, but wiki is a new thing to me, and most others I'd imagine that's why so few have contributed. Copy n paste i've managed to do I've done all but one entry in books section and managed to find mugshots of various personnel and uploaded them, but I can't see how to add a section video's to TheSmiths page.

and I've just spelt Morrissey with three s's in the title of Morrisssey & Marr: The Severed Alliance, and have no idea how to edit titles to remove one.....

and I've just spelt Morrissey with three s's in the title of Morrisssey & Marr: The Severed Alliance, and have no idea how to edit titles to remove one.....

Fixed by using the 'move' function. It's in the dropdown near the search box. Thanks for the additions!

How did you move it without leaving a redirect?

There is an option 'Leave a redirect behind' that can be unchecked but it appears this is only available to admins by default. I just turned it on for all users.

There is an option 'Leave a redirect behind' that can be unchecked but it appears this is only available to admins by default. I just turned it on for all users.
Thanks. This will be useful as it appears to be the only way to amend a title without deleting.

Thanks. This will be useful as it appears to be the only way to amend a title without deleting.

No problem. Pages could be moved before, just a redirect from the old page was required. I think this is to make abuse more noticeable, now we just need to watch out for any pages being moved that shouldn't be moved.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom