Morrissey-solo Wiki launched Aug. 28, 2012

The Morrissey-solo Wiki is now live! After several months of work getting the architecture, technical details and initial content / examples in place, it's ready for your input, which will be the most important factor in its success or failure. Take a look around, this is and likely always will be a work in progress so suggestions and feedback will always be welcome. The main focus is on factual and verifiable Morrissey/Smiths-related information and to improve organization of information on this site and elsewhere.

From the main page of the wiki there are links to the main sections. Here are some example pages to follow for reference:

See a mistake or want to add some information? All contributions are welcome, whoever you are, as long as they are factual. If you have an issue with an individual user, other parts of the site, or me personally I hope you will overlook that and still contribute to this resource. If you prefer to edit information 'anonymously', you can login with the wiki-only user account (username / password: Wikiuser / solowiki). All edits will be monitored and reviewed for veracity and abuse. Check the Recent Changes page for the latest edits.

Again I want to emphasize this is just the beginning, there are a lot of pages that need to be created, gaps to be filled, features to be created. Wiki editing has a bit of a learning curve but with a little effort I believe anyone can be comfortable with it. At the start I am focused on fixing any technical / design issues. Please leave feedback either here in this thread / site suggestions forum or on the 'discussion' tabs of the wiki individual wiki pages. Suggestions can also be made on the To-do list / Suggestions wiki page. Overall the project is way beyond what I expected for the initial launch and I have great expectations for it over the years.

Credits

The idea of adding a wiki section to the site came from !Viva Hate! back in April 2012. Following some research I found the MuseWiki as an example for an artist wiki and the MediaWiki software and then followed the example of Wikipedia as a general reference. Thanks to bepe for the vBulletin / MediaWiki integration code.

The Morrissey-solo Wiki came together because of those volunteers listed below working under the floorboards for the past several months. Thanks especially to !Viva Hate! for the initial idea of adding a wiki section to the site and for working out the structure and early pages to set good examples to follow.

!Viva Hate!:

• General wiki architecture and categorization
  • Morrissey / Smiths album and single discography
  • Morrissey / Smiths song pages, lyrics
  • Current / past band line-ups and personnel
  • Initial Morrissey / Smiths live history, media appearances
  • Morrissey-solo Wiki mastheads
MozRecording:

• Initial Morrissey / Smiths live history content
  • Initial Morrissey / Smiths bootlegs content
  • Morrissey video discography
Skylarker:

• Initial Morrissey / Smiths bootlegs content
Kewpie:

• Initial list of influences

Last edited:
Hey everybody! It looks like CG wants to derail another thread! Yay!

I thought your post antagonistic and seeing that you are now one of the "voices of solo" I made a friendly suggestion. :flowers:

I thought your post antagonistic and seeing that you are now one of the "voices of solo" I made a friendly suggestion. :flowers:

I'm hardly a voice of Solo, in fact I'm amazed I haven't been banned yet, as I know several people are gunning for me.

I respect and like David very much and I love this site; furthermore I was honored to have a part in the Wiki's pre-launch stage, even if it was a minimal one.

That's the beginning and the end of it, and I'm not gonna discuss it further here. This thread is to discuss the Wiki, not bitch about people you don't like.

Well said. The internet is big enough for all Morrissey sites to co-exist and complement each other.

I can tell if a new feature or redesign will be successful when the trolls come out during the announcement saying that it won't be, it's like clockwork. Since any user has the power to edit / shape the wiki, it's a good test to see who actually wants to fix something and who prefers to complain about how things are.

From an article on complainers I read recently:

"There's a big difference between bringing your attention to something that's awry and a complaint," Blake says. "Typically, people who are complaining don't want a solution; they just want you to join in the indignity of the whole thing. You can almost hear brains clink when six people get together and start saying, 'Isn't it terrible?' This will damage your brain even if you're just passively listening. And if you try to change their behavior, you'll become the target of the complaint."

Do you read articles on the notion of community?

I hope there are precautions in place to prevent trolling. It seems like a whole new playground has been opened up and while I'm sure it's impossible to moderate the editing of info, steps should be taken to at least keep an eye on it.

I don't think the Loki bot-swarm will bother, they've already done the deed:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Morrissey

I guess it's possible that the zombie hordes from 'back in the day' could organise some lulz....time will tell.

*sncrly*

Bruxelles cancelled. Car B'tol-Parkway-Whitehall-Paralympics-ya! TGIF!

kanyemoz.jpg :tears: of :lbf:

I'm hardly a voice of Solo, in fact I'm amazed I haven't been banned yet, as I know several people are gunning for me.

I respect and like David very much and I love this site; furthermore I was honored to have a part in the Wiki's pre-launch stage, even if it was a minimal one.

That's the beginning and the end of it, and I'm not gonna discuss it further here. This thread is to discuss the Wiki, not bitch about people you don't like.

You haven't been banned because you've given yourself enough rope to hang yourself. When you are no longer required you will suddenly find your access code/card to 'the inner sanctum' has been revoked. No more 'staff meetings'. No more gaming the karma system with your crew, using multiple screenames from the past/abusing your moderator privileges. It's over. For you. For everyone.

Morrissey will decide if this site lives or dies: whether to buy out the Web 2.0 brand/land-grab and re-fashion in as a 'gate-keeper'. Or bombard Google. In any event, it may be be replaced by something a little more interesting, and a lot more rigorous, something that that finally challenges and 'facilitates' his belated progress to The Third Act of his really rather interesting artistic life, despite it's numerous episodes of 'challenging behaviour and difficult to meet needs'

But, is he up to it?

He continually mimics emotional catharsis, but can he achieve it on all levels. Art and Commerce are not estranged: they are one and the same. It's going to be interesting to see how/if Team Morrissey repurpose/refashion/'detoxify the brand' for Web 3.0: or whether they allow their figurehead to ignore the Men In Grey Suits until he's taken off kicking and screaming by the Men In White Coats.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture-p...an/27/culture-commerce-new-media-storytelling

There's quite a lot hanging on The Third Act / The Legacy, it would be a shame for it all to be trashed by a failure to bitch-slap some andropausal brat. The dichotomy/anomalies between the Wiki and the Hagiography could be total lulz. If this site lasts till then. Seriously, Skylarker: stop this territorial pissing and get yo ass down in the Wiki basement engine room and direct this energy to productive contributions. You are not a 'star' you are a complete klutz. Your persona is now shorthand for webtard as you BFF's will soon be shorthand for 'freetard'. Do you seriously think this is all just about 'Morrissey'? yeah, right.....

*sincerely B.B*

Last edited:
Crystal clear to all of the world~ take your roses and beat it.Zero interest. 31/8/21

You haven't been banned because you've given yourself enough rope to hang yourself. When you are no longer required you will suddenly find your access code/card to 'the inner sanctum' has been revoked. No more 'staff meetings'. No more gaming the karma system with your crew, using multiple screenames from the past/abusing your moderator privileges. It's over. For you. For everyone.

Morrissey will decide if this site lives or dies: whether to buy out the Web 2.0 brand/land-grab and re-fashion in as a 'gate-keeper'. Or bombard Google. In any event, it may be be replaced by something a little more interesting, and a lot more rigorous, something that that finally challenges and 'facilitates' his belated progress to The Third Act of his really rather interesting artistic life, despite it's numerous episodes of 'challenging behaviour and difficult to meet needs'

But, is he up to it?

He continually mimics emotional catharsis, but can he achieve it on all levels. Art and Commerce are not estranged: they are one and the same. It's going to be interesting to see how/if Team Morrissey repurpose/refashion/'detoxify the brand' for Web 3.0: or whether they allow their figurehead to ignore the Men In Grey Suits until he's taken off kicking and screaming by the Men In White Coats.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture-p...an/27/culture-commerce-new-media-storytelling

There's quite a lot hanging on The Third Act / The Legacy, it would be a shame for it all to be trashed by a failure to bitch-slap some andropausal brat. The dichotomy/anomalies between the Wiki and the Hagiography could be total lulz. If this site lasts till then. Seriously, Skylarker: stop this territorial pissing and get yo ass down in the Wiki basement engine room and direct this energy to productive contributions. You are not a 'star' you are a complete klutz. Your persona is now shorthand for webtard as you BFF's will soon be shorthand for 'freetard'. Do you seriously think this is all just about 'Morrissey'? yeah, right.....

*sincerely B.B*

Wait; are you serious? Blah blah blah, really?! Wow.

And did you mean it when you said blah blah blah? That's incredible. Until you just told me blah blah blah, I had no idea how blah blah blah your post was going to be.
I'm impressed...that is a LOT of blah blah blah.

Great job!

Actually I'm referring to the news archive: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/content/9-Article-Archive. There are news items that go back to 1997.

Pretty bold for you to talk about stalking, Morrithey / Jonathan Cox from Louisville / Lesbian Liberation / Sydney Sneed.

Why does the webmaster continually bring peoples personal details and abode into his discussion? Be aware of those you tread, as those are the ones you may come to dread.

I think other site proprietors should take www.morrissey-solo.com as an model, very clean and excellent user friendly style and design, let alone the content. You are an expert in this topic!

Why does the webmaster continually bring peoples personal details and abode into his discussion? Be aware of those you tread, as those are the ones you may come to dread.

He doesn't.

That particular individual is a banned user who was joining this discussion for no reason other than to mock, and to make accusations about a member who is in good standing. David simply handed you your ass...politely, and without fuss. Because you're an impotent joke who no one could ever dread...ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
7903169568_147fa2a7f8_b.jpg

Is this the treatment one is expected to encounter if they attempt to edit/correct an entry? :squiffy:

Is this the treatment one is expected to encounter if they attempt to edit/correct an entry? :squiffy:

No not generally but very simply you didn't "correct" anything. It was correct to begin with; without an official lyric sheet we must go on consensus interpretation, which is "a book."

But given your overall antagonistic attitude toward certain people involved in the project, and by proxy the project itself, it is unlikely that you have any genuine interest in contributing to it constructively and that is why I referenced your editorial contribution with a caustic slant.

Is this the treatment one is expected to encounter if they attempt to edit/correct an entry?

No, but it's the general state of "discussion" on the web these days. The page was edited earlier today to note the differing interpretations on the line. When (if) it's released, we'll know what it is. My "shit filled" head hears opera. -MR

When making edits/corrections it would help to provide an explanation. This item appears to be debatable (As MozRecording has noted) as it was only played live once and the lyrics haven't been published as far as I know.

No, but it's the general state of "discussion" on the web these days. The page was edited earlier today to note the differing interpretations on the line. When (if) it's released, we'll know what it is. My "shit filled" head hears opera. -MR

I don't think you should take things so personally. Context is everything.

Thank you. In regards to David's request one make the edit contextual, I would offer that given the fact he sings the very line in an operatic style suggests that he's not singing about a book.

Thank you. In regards to David's request one make the edit contextual, I would offer that given the fact he sings the very line in an operatic style suggests that he's not singing about a book.

Could be. Hopefully he gets a record deal and the song gets released. Lots of other stuff to put up in the meantime though. -MR

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom