Morrissey-solo Wiki launched Aug. 28, 2012

The Morrissey-solo Wiki is now live! After several months of work getting the architecture, technical details and initial content / examples in place, it's ready for your input, which will be the most important factor in its success or failure. Take a look around, this is and likely always will be a work in progress so suggestions and feedback will always be welcome. The main focus is on factual and verifiable Morrissey/Smiths-related information and to improve organization of information on this site and elsewhere.

From the main page of the wiki there are links to the main sections. Here are some example pages to follow for reference:

See a mistake or want to add some information? All contributions are welcome, whoever you are, as long as they are factual. If you have an issue with an individual user, other parts of the site, or me personally I hope you will overlook that and still contribute to this resource. If you prefer to edit information 'anonymously', you can login with the wiki-only user account (username / password: Wikiuser / solowiki). All edits will be monitored and reviewed for veracity and abuse. Check the Recent Changes page for the latest edits.

Again I want to emphasize this is just the beginning, there are a lot of pages that need to be created, gaps to be filled, features to be created. Wiki editing has a bit of a learning curve but with a little effort I believe anyone can be comfortable with it. At the start I am focused on fixing any technical / design issues. Please leave feedback either here in this thread / site suggestions forum or on the 'discussion' tabs of the wiki individual wiki pages. Suggestions can also be made on the To-do list / Suggestions wiki page. Overall the project is way beyond what I expected for the initial launch and I have great expectations for it over the years.

Credits

The idea of adding a wiki section to the site came from !Viva Hate! back in April 2012. Following some research I found the MuseWiki as an example for an artist wiki and the MediaWiki software and then followed the example of Wikipedia as a general reference. Thanks to bepe for the vBulletin / MediaWiki integration code.

The Morrissey-solo Wiki came together because of those volunteers listed below working under the floorboards for the past several months. Thanks especially to !Viva Hate! for the initial idea of adding a wiki section to the site and for working out the structure and early pages to set good examples to follow.

!Viva Hate!:

• General wiki architecture and categorization
  • Morrissey / Smiths album and single discography
  • Morrissey / Smiths song pages, lyrics
  • Current / past band line-ups and personnel
  • Initial Morrissey / Smiths live history, media appearances
  • Morrissey-solo Wiki mastheads
MozRecording:

• Initial Morrissey / Smiths live history content
  • Initial Morrissey / Smiths bootlegs content
  • Morrissey video discography
Skylarker:

• Initial Morrissey / Smiths bootlegs content
Kewpie:

• Initial list of influences

Last edited:
Wow - this is really nice! Thanks for all the hard work, and adding this to the site, David.

Fantastic addition to the site ! Congratulations on all the hard work , MozRecordings, Kewpie , Skylarker , !Viva! and Davidt (apologies for any omission) ...

I knew this was planned, but I never thought there would be the discipline, stamina and application to bring it to fruition. Congratulations to all who worked so hard to launch this yesterday.

!Viva Forever! says Jennifer Saunders.

[for the herd 'fan': stop here. tl,dr. etc. lol!
the cognoscenti Audience members know how to get behind 'the velvet rope']

And then everything suddenly and surprisingly changed.

In a move which detonated like a neutron bomb, even though those in the know knew it was on the event horizon: the previously irredeemable Web 2.0 graveyard called 'Morrissey-Solo.com' suddenly moved from playground bully'My-Waste-Of-Space' gifs/jpegs/amateur hour snarks and 'free speech' inchoerance towards something with possible purpose and meaning, even if it was also another 'land-grab' of the Wiki ethic: it could be pilfered and mirrored by anyone interested enough to bother.

The nonsense pretences of the Mentalist 3 Politburo had been irreversibly exposed by the hated 'troll' BrummieBoy. The 'final conflict' of SuperSundae in the bowels of The Pigsty could never be reversed after the unhinged mocking of the site TOS by their total toss-pot wannabe troll leader. Finally, they realised that their frat-boy memes and hazing rituals were dangerous and that 'out there' I.R.L various L.A Sabbath fans were 'locked'n'loaded', at the point of ignoring BrummieBoy's entreaties. In an alignment of almost cosmic serendipity: Crystal Geezer's road-trip clocked up 18,000 miles.....

In some karma-coma outpost of Luxuria, 'Team Mozzizzey' met to consider the implications. The Digital Exploitation Economy Land-Grab of Web 2.0 Moz-So-Low had profoundly disturbed the cult leader who had simply not understood the implications of The Interwebs: in the same way he had not understood the implications of designating John Bonham and John-Paul Jones as 'lawnmower parts' at the outset. He mocked the powerpoint presentation from The Men In Grey Suits, left the conference room in a hissy fit and returned to his suite to finish strategy planning his terribly, terribly witty and coruscating flame-war-fatwas for the Paralympics and the U.S Election. That was important, this was not.

He would never apologize to David Ciccione-Ritchie! Nor Elton John. Sadly, in his endless 'late-middle age mid-life crisis repeating loop': he genuinely couldn't understand that there was a difference. His motto remained that of any bitter old low-rent British queen 'never explain, always complain'.

'They' had mocked him remorselessly. Especially that demonic he/she/it/they Prince Harry Batty 'BrummieBoy'. He would issue a fatwa for the 'fanz' to carry out! Damn 'The Mecha-Streisand Effect'! Damn 'Free Speech'! One day the Libel Tourism that protects the House of Frauds would also protect his 'reputation'. There should be lese majeste laws for pop cult leaders too! He would shut down The Interwebs!. Order would be restored. The eNMEy would be 'back on board' and he could return to a safe haven of 'stardom' protected by The Gatekeepers. Just like Tom Cruise. In a rage, he ripped up the 'awayday' handout from today's session entitled 'Top Secret: 'Operation L.Ron-Mozzizzey'. He scattered the ripped up fragments across the 8 inch thick carpet and retired to his queen-size bed. A message formed from the shredded paper squares and it read:

"We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us!"

*sincerely B.B*

The post remarks that this site "could have new life if it were remade as a kind of information archive about Morrissey, more detailed and better cultivated than his Wikipedia entries ever could be, assimilating new information as it develops."

So you may want to read that "vague post" again.

Your position/point cannot be challenged by anyone with a conscious mind.

This has been a constant theme of protest against the supposed 'free speech' parameters deforming this site since the get-go. However, it's not important who within the hive mind is 'officially' credited with kudos and karma: all that matters is the site now has a last gasp chance to try and move forward into Web 3.0 without the albatross of 'The Sociopathic 3' who do not deserve to be dignified as '3 Mental Patients'.

In time, the ethics and ethos of Wiki-dom will inexorably change the 'moderation culture' to a point whereby casual abuse, trollling and flaming of teenage 'newbie' visitors to the site will simply not happen. Or the site will, mysteriously.....vanish.

The 'reformation' of the delusional, co-dependent 'fan'-atics who have abused this site so grievously will be achieved by they themselves submitting to the disciplines of Wiki-dom or being banned. In effect, they will all be taking part in a kind of 'group therapy' for delusional co-dependent Morrissey 'fans'.

Of course, the real fun and games will begin if/when Morrissey publishes his 'Penguin-Classic-tastic' auto-hagiography. Once can only hope that the 'Men In Grey Coats' behind 'TeamMorrissey' will ensure it is proof-read against this emergent Wiki. How likely is that? lol! Morrissey will never let go. He will not forgive. He will not forget. Expect him.

*sincerely B.B*
just another member of The Audience.

No one should contribute to it. Hopefully the rebuilt Passions Just Like Mine, operated by decent, sane people, will also include a wiki. And a forum.

To call Flax a decent and sane person is seriously impudent.

Great job, David! Thank you. This is an outstanding gift to the fan community. Congratulations on the launch and many thanks to all involved in making it happen. Thank you also for letting me take part in the pre-launch stage...I am honored.

This is fantastic.

Incorrect. This is a gift by/to The Audience.

*sincerely B.B*

on your knees, fluffing again! have you no shame? no self-respect?

Last edited:
I'm new to this... but I think the idea is that if you notice something incorrect, you log on and change it.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, clearly his hometown should be Manchester. I doubt that Morrissey has any affinity with Davyhulme, in fact very few people have, even those who live there would probably describe themselves as being from Urmston.

Whilst were on that page, why isn't Rough Trade listed as one of his labels? And why is he listed as being 'active' from 1977? What was he doing in 1977 that he wasn't doing in 1976?

Dave

ps - great work so far to all involved in setting up the site!

Someone start a Wiki-Edits thread for those who can't / won't trek up the learning curve.
Be aware when making 'anonymous' contributions.
Your I.P will presumably still be visible if privacy is a concern for you.

*sincerely B.B*

The site already had that 'information archive', 'assimilating new information as it develops' actually. Going by your argument, you could say any idea for a new feature on the site spawned from that post, when it actually had no influence.

This site has not had the Wiki ethos as a governing principle/parameter and I think that is what is being highligted/surfaced from the crystal clear "vague post".

*sincerely B.B*

You're actually referring to forum threads. Incredible. This was always a particular moderator's ridiculous pretense: that a list of conversations is a library. An obvious point that has been made in the past: if there is no index to the information, then that claim is ridiculous.

A wiki is an information archive. A wiki should have been a feature of this site for many years now. It is a feature of many fansites. The linked post should perhaps have used the term "wiki," as you evidently require webspeak in your reading, of you have absolutely no idea what you've read--even it's a two-sentence post suggesting an encyclopedia.

No, that obviously does not at all follow from my "argument"--which was simply to link to a post in which an online Morrissey encyclopedia had previously been suggested, which indisputably disproved your claim that the suggestion was made by this site's most disgusting stalker in 2012.

The suggestion certainly had no influence--when it was made by a critic of yourself. When it was later made by a troll--an admitted stalker and harasser and spreader of misinformation, who had been bathing you in flattery--you acted. And thus Morrissey-Solo's longtime pattern of pathology continues.

By controlling the central online source of information about Morrissey, you aspire to have additional leverage with him. That's of course what this is about. You're doubling-down yet again in your quest to have influence with/over him, and getting deeper into the Morrissey business, even though he's loudly told you to remove yourself from his coat tails. Do you really think he still might hire you--even it's just to force you to stop embarrassing him by association?

Helping you design this project: two of this site's most puerile abusers, people who have been proven dishonest, malicious, and wildly disfunctional. But they have flattered you and insulted your critics, so you link arms with them. Again: Morrissey-Solo business as usual.

People who've not noticed this pattern will cheerfully contribute to the project, because of their feelings about Morrissey. (You'll later interpret their contributions as offerings to the greatness of yourself and this, your particular use of vBulletin.) When they realize the lay of the land and speak up about the problems they'll inevitably encounter, you'll allow your pet trolls of the moment to harass them at length, no holds barred. The contributors will recall that the site's TOS forbade harassment, perhaps complain--then be punished for complaining. Astonished and saddened, they'll depart. New users, as unaware of the pattern as the old ones were, will replace them, then wise up, then criticize, then be attacked, then be replaced... And on and on it goes.

But you and your small gang of unhinged celebrity stalkers will still sit atop Morrissey fandom, and atop every list of Google results for a search on "Morrissey."

You aren't worthy of controlling the internet's primary database of information about Morrissey. "Fans" who've discussed how happy they'll be when Morrissey dies, as !Viva Hate! has, aren't worthy of influencing its infrastructure.

No one should contribute to it. Hopefully the rebuilt Passions Just Like Mine, operated by decent, sane people, will also include a wiki. And a forum.

this must be the ultimate .......lol!

I still think there's a forgiveness/redemption project in this for 'The Sociopathic 3/13/30'. Morrissey will nevva! compromise with this site, because of 'allyouneedisme' co-dependency.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone sets up a British Law based 'walled garden' site banning any and all US I.P addresses, just like clueless American corporates often do. 'America Is Not The World'...yay! Danny Boyle! #NBCFail! Tim Berners-Lee! 'FreeSpeech' etc.

The stalkers can be monitored, mapped and GPS'd by anyone with the tech skills/money/interest to do so. I don't advise or condone such behaviour and I preach 'peace and reconciliation'. But, srsly! Who cares about what happens on this site, other than L-Ron Mozzizzey? The 'cult Creator' who made 'the biggest mistake of all' by wearing 'that' T-Shirt, thus re-enabling, validating and encouraging the co-dependent sociopaths. They need to be careful. There may be a genuwine psycho lurking here or 'out there' I.R.L: if that place still even exists.

Here's the evidence for 'the biggest mistake of all':

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-forum?p=1986657344&viewfull=1#post1986657344

*srsly & sincerely B.B*

thank you so much, i really appreciate your work. a true heir of stephane`s live review collection as well. thank you both guys. excellent work and not too easy in times like these.

Show me exactly where I've admitted to being a "stalker, harasser and spreader of misinformation." I posted a couple joke tracks and album covers in the past. Then again, I also leaked the Hollywood Bowl DVD audio (first) and video (later). I may have said some not-so-nice things to certain users. Then again, I have also consistently posted relevant news stories, bootlegs, concert reviews, and setlists since 2006. I also devoted months to working on this wiki along with DavidT, Kewpie, Skylarker, and MozRecordings.

Unlike you, in spite of what I have done and still do, I still actually contribute to the site when I can. Maybe you could learn something from that?

I'm going to give you a reality check. :straightface:

It's law enforcement officers and courts, not the accused, who decide if someone is a real 'stalker' or just another webtard based on credible evidence gathered in relation to legitimate complaints. For instance, anyone is 'free' to deface a memorial site but is also 'free' to face the consequences of being tracked and linked to such behaviour IRL. Not that I'm insinuating you are guilty of any such thing. Heaven forfend! :rolleyes:

I don't remember seeing any Creative Commons attachment to the Hollywood Bowl material.:confused: Again, one can be both a webtard and a 'freetard' but I really wouldn't advertise blatant copyright infringement. So, you 'share' Morrissey's image, words, memories and now his 'copyrighted works' and you are delusional enough to think there can never be any consequences? Given you have also admitted to having moderator privileges, please bring yourself up to speed. The world is changing:

http://thetrichordist.wordpress.com/

and even more apposite for this thread:

'Google filters suggestions associated with copyright infringement'.

If no one can find the Wiki because some Web 3.0 noobtards still think it's 2006, then no-one will ever see this site and it will simply be purloined by another site that has more legitmacy and which the corporations decide to allow to rise to the top of search engine rankings. *lightbulb?*:straightface:

http://googlesystem.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/google-filters-suggestions-associated.html

'not-so-nice'? Don't talk to me about 'nice' *sigh*. Again, you really don't want to be advertising your past behaviour. I'd have a re-think and maybe re-brand yourself after your online counselling sessions conclude.

*!Viva Forever! says Mel B & Jennifer Saunders*
*Sharon and Ozzie say "Whoah! BrummieBoy inna da L.A hood!"

*regards, srsly & sincerely B.B*

:lbf:

Last edited:
This site has not had the Wiki ethos as a governing principle/parameter and I think that is what is being highligted/surfaced from the crystal clear "vague post".

*sincerely B.B*

There was nothing mentioned about the 'Wiki ethos as a governing principle/parameter' in the post. Anyway, it is not an entirely a new idea anyway, others have created Morrissey / Smiths wikis in the past and I had experimented with the same MediaWiki software and considered adding it to the site back in 2005. Only after moving/stabilizing the site on vBulletin as a platform over the last year and a half and working with !Viva Hate!'s specific suggestions on how it would work did it make sense timing-wise and on a technical level.

Last edited:
I'm going to give you a reality check. :straightface:

It's law enforcement officers and courts, not the accused, who decide if someone is a real 'stalker' or just another webtard based on credible evidence gathered in relation to legitimate complaints. For instance, anyone is 'free' to deface a memorial site but is also 'free' to face the consequences of being tracked and linked to such behaviour IRL. Not that I'm insinuating you are guilty of any such thing. Heaven forfend! :rolleyes:

I don't remember seeing any Creative Commons attachment to the Hollywood Bowl material.:confused: Again, one can be both a webtard and a 'freetard' but I really wouldn't advertise blatant copyright infringement. So, you 'share' Morrissey's image, words, memories and now his 'copyrighted works' and you are delusional enough to think there can never be any consequences? Given you have also admitted to having moderator privileges, please bring yourself up to speed. The world is changing:

http://thetrichordist.wordpress.com/

and even more apposite for this thread:

'Google filters suggestions associated with copyright infringement'.

If no one can find the Wiki because some Web 3.0 noobtards still think it's 2006, then no-one will ever see this site and it will simply be purloined by another site that has more legitmacy and which the corporations decide to allow to rise to the top of search engine rankings. *lightbulb?*:straightface:

http://googlesystem.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/google-filters-suggestions-associated.html

'not-so-nice'? Don't talk to me about 'nice' *sigh*. Again, you really don't want to be advertising your past behaviour. I'd have a re-think and maybe re-brand yourself after your online counselling sessions conclude.

*!Viva Forever! says Mel B & Jennifer Saunders*
*Sharon and Ozzie say "Whoah! BrummieBoy inna da L.A hood!"

*regards, srsly & sincerely B.B*

:lbf:

Surely you must realise that your posts are as ridiculous and redundant as those of the posters you criticise, "expose" and accuse of being "delusional"...? To prefix anyone's name with "L Ron" whilst flooding this board with your bizarre nonsense seemls like temerity indeed. There are only so many levels of irony you can behind.

There was nothing mentioned about the 'Wiki ethos as a governing principle/parameter' in the post. Anyway, it is not an entirely a new idea anyway, others have created Morrissey / Smiths wikis in the past and I had experimented with the same MediaWiki software and considered adding it to the site back in 2005. Only after moving/stabilizing the site on vBulletin as a platform over the last year and a half and working with !Viva Hate!'s specific suggestions on how it would work did it make sense timing-wise and on a technical level.

noted.
the tech issues are one thing. the site ethos/sensibility is another thing altogether.
will observe the Wiki development with interest to see if synergies / feedback loops occur.

surprised those involved actually have the mental chops.

*sincerely B.B*

Surely you must realise that your posts are as ridiculous and redundant as those of the posters you criticise, "expose" and accuse of being "delusional"...? To prefix anyone's name with "L Ron" whilst flooding this board with your bizarre nonsense seemls like temerity indeed. There are only so many levels of irony you can behind.

I have printed off your thoughtful and stimulating response. You raise many important issues for me to grapple with.
I will discuss it with my psychiatrist next week.

I'm not sure that a 'delusional' person can 'realise' their delusionality, as events in The Pigsty so fulsomely reveal.

I don't feel I need to "expose" anyone as they do a very good job of it themselves.

I will certainly be mindful of your use of the words ' bizarre' 'nonsense' and 'temerity' and will attempt to keep my vocabularly firmly within the limits of the 'Morrissey-Solo.com' style-guide, which is handed out to all when they register at the gates of this asylum. Unfortunately, I've lost my copy, so I'll have to work from memory.

Irony is indeed over. Sincerity is the new black. And the mextaxy of metamodernism shall free all who submit to its' challenging boot-camp.

*sncrly B.B*

Thank you for sharing. [ahem!]

Last edited:
Exactly. You post your edits and reference any sources. Feel free to PM me or others if there's something confusing about formatting you need help with (and trust me, it can get confusing). If something is open to interpretation, you note it on the Discussions page where you made the edit and it gets hashed out. If it's something huge, then yeah, maybe open a thread in the forums to go over it. But for the most part, if you dump data in the forums that's where it'll stay. If you want something changed in the wiki, you'll need to head over there and update it yourself. -MR

I hope there are precautions in place to prevent trolling. It seems like a whole new playground has been opened up and while I'm sure it's impossible to moderate the editing of info, steps should be taken to at least keep an eye on it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom