Boz Boorer interview in MUZIKALIA (Spanish magazine); album release Sep. 3, 2012

Manuel writes:

Let me tell you about a Boz Boorer´s interview in a Spanish musica magazine called MUZIKALIA:

"You have been Morrissey’s partner for 20 years, what’s the secret? I have no idea!!"

We talks about his new album, his carrer and his relationship with Mozz and Alain Whyte

I hope you like it.

Related items:

Last edited:
Re: Article: Boz Boorer interview in MUZIKALIA (Spanish magazine); album release Sep.

Sad to hear Boz say, "I haven't seen Alain in a long time." If it wasn't official before, coupled with Alain's desire to sell his guitar (which is most definitely not Morrissey-sanctioned), it is definitely official now. Alain is gone. Such a shame.

Re: Article: Boz Boorer interview in MUZIKALIA (Spanish magazine); album release Sep.

If Alain had not left the band he would have been fired recently anyway, I'm sure he would have had the dignity not to wear a dress like the craven Boz has.

From Google Translator:

Q: You started with The Polecats for many years demanding a kind of rock and roll from the 50s seems quite alive lately thanks to artists such as Richard Hawley, Kitty Daisy And Lewis or Crybaby What do you think of them?

A: I love making love to Richard Hawley and Imelda May.

Ha ha!

I just want that I am not the Manuel who sent this piece.
Manuel Ríos.

''Featuring James Maker (Morrissey's favourite singer)'' ????????????????? Since when!

Still, it can't be worse than that Happy Martyr nonsense.

Is there a non-Google English translation of this anywhere ?

If Alain had not left the band he would have been fired recently anyway, I'm sure he would have had the dignity not to wear a dress like the craven Boz has.

I would say Boz is less of a craven for showing great integrity for remaining all these years with Morrissey, who is allegedly a difficult man to work for. I say allegedly because we don't really know if Moz is hard to work for, none of us have worked for him, or have you? If so, it's quite cowardly (craven) to not reveal yourself, only to talk shit about a person who has been nothing but nice, especially to fans. What we do know is Morrissey has made people like Alain Whyte, Joyce Michael, Jonny Bridgewood, and Johnny "The Quitter" Marr A LOT of money-those people, I would argue, are the cravens, as you say.
Also, I didn't know wearing a dress meant that one lacked dignity. Sounds like you have disdain for women's fashion or your closeted jealousy is shinning through, either way, talking trash about a celebrity on a web forum is probably the lowest indication of intelligence (or rather, the lack thereof) that there is. Congratulations for being completely dense and unoriginal, even though I know you tried, so desperately, using the word "craven". Lol.

I get the feeling the reason Boz has not seen Alain in years is because of that Morrissey policy where active band members are barred from contact with ex-band members and people who existed in the Morrissey world and are no longer there.

The most famous case being the excommunication of Spencer Cobrin. Absolutely no one was/is allowed to be in contact with Spencer. For the record, I asked Spencer (a few years ago) if he ever hears from the guys and he said "No". "I don't think they are allowed to speak with me".

Alain only recently (in the last year or so) had contact through Facebook with Spencer. I don't think Alain would do that if he were still in the band or a Morrissey writing partner. It would be verboten. I now guess that the chance of Alain working with Moz again is pretty much....zero.

Basically, Boz could contact Alain. he knows how to reach him. He just doesn't most likely because of his temperamental/immature/nutty boss.

I would say Boz is less of a craven for showing great integrity for remaining all these years with Morrissey, who is allegedly a difficult man to work for. I say allegedly because we don't really know if Moz is hard to work for, none of us have worked for him, or have you? If so, it's quite cowardly (craven) to not reveal yourself, only to talk shit about a person who has been nothing but nice, especially to fans. What we do know is Morrissey has made people like Alain Whyte, Joyce Michael, Jonny Bridgewood, and Johnny "The Quitter" Marr A LOT of money-those people, I would argue, are the cravens, as you say.
Also, I didn't know wearing a dress meant that one lacked dignity. Sounds like you have disdain for women's fashion or your closeted jealousy is shinning through, either way, talking trash about a celebrity on a web forum is probably the lowest indication of intelligence (or rather, the lack thereof) that there is. Congratulations for being completely dense and unoriginal, even though I know you tried, so desperately, using the word "craven". Lol.

Wow, terrible post.

I guess it's ok though. That "opinion" (for lack of a better word) isn't particularly worth considering.

Not everyone in life can be sharp and have an impressive mind. Your post is pretty good proof of that.

I agree that Boz dressing up is just a bit of fun - a little tacky and silly, but I don't see the bid deal. But you suggest that Morrissey has made Johnny Marr a lot of money, well, Johnny Marr has also made Morrissey a lot of money. They were nobodies until they found each other, so I think its a bit poor to criticise Marr - they made each other.

I like Boz and Alain, they seem decent people (but hey, just an observation, I don't know them :p ) and they've both written good tunes. Its sad to see Alain not in the picture at all nowadays. Does anyone know why he's been frozen out? I guess he must've done something to piss Morrissey off or something, which is a shame considering they were writing partners for so many years.

You are right, we don't know exactly if Morrissey is hard or unpleasant to work with, but when certain people have met or worked with him they don't always say they have a good experience, i mean for you to hold a opinion that he is brilliant and that people who hold the opinion that he is difficult are complete morons, which is hypocritical considering you said you self 'allegadly'. there certainly is a time when he was difficult to work with like when he toured with Bowie he said he just left the tour because he didn't like the way it worked. seemed angry about him and slagged him off saying how shit most of his work was, "Now he gives people what he thinks will make them happy, and they're yawning their heads off. And by doing that, he is not relevant. He was only relevant by accident." might be true but he wouldn't have said that if they were friends, he was probably angry that Bowie never spoke to him again after leaving mid tour. oh and then a few years later morrissey was saying how amazing he was, got over himself maybe. Bowie doesnt speak of him.

Leveraging its market have talked to him about his album, his career and as you imagine, his relationship with Manchester divo.
How do you see your career with a perspective of 30 years?
The truth is that I am somewhat surprised that so much time has passed. But I'm very pleased with everything I've done and how it is today.
In a few days will see the light Some Of The Parts, your new job. What can we expect from it?
Well I would not know, a lot of influences that have been making an impression on me over the years. Hope you like.
Is the disc is made with the intent to be yours or contains a song written for another artist?
No songs specially written for anyone. They are simply issues that I have been writing in my spare time over the years. I did not know if it would fit tell the voice of another artist
The single "Slippery Forces" sounds great is strong and includes the chorus of your daughter. What other contributions can be found on the album?
I had several friends and family for recording.

Voices appear James Maker, Andy Ellison and Graeme Hughes. Lorna Blackwood and does some backing vocals John Moorer plays the saw.
My wife Lyn Boorer plays bass in a song Phil Bloomberg, bassist for The Polecats it does in the rest of the album.
The album includes a version of classic country as "Saunders Ferry Lane," Sunday Morning Coming Down "and" Cast Iron Arm "What band or artist you've never versioning you like to?
I do not know. I've never done with Hank Williams and I think I would.
Leo on the road promoting the theme "Jazz Interlude" was written for a movie, there is one in particular you'd like to compose a soundtrack?
I would love to become a composer of film music. It's something that I've always desired to do, especially with suspense films or science fiction.
We see you're a busy guy and you do not stop ... What are your future plans?
Well now I'm resting after European tour with Morrissey that ended last month. I have to record the disc in my studio two bands of Portugal (Serra Vista) and soon began to prepare American tour.
Some Of The Parts goes on sale, will we soon road show?
Not until next year. Like I said in October begins U.S. tour with Morrissey will take us two months until the next Christmas.
Always appreciate your work and that of Alain Whyte to change the music of Morrissey since the release of Your Arsenal (1992) What is the secret to being the Mozz bandmate for 20 years?
I have no idea!
Long ago (from Ringleader Of The Tormentors (2007)) that accompanies you Alain not live or Morrissey albums you still in contact with him?
Long time have not seen him. He married and now lives in Los Angeles.

How do you feel more comfortable on stage as a vocalist or a musician?
I do not care, but if I'm honest I prefer to focus on playing.
You started with The Polecats for many years demanding a kind of rock and roll from the 50s seems quite alive lately thanks to artists such as Richard Hawley, Kitty Daisy And Lewis or Crybaby What do you think of them?
I love making love to Richard Hawley and Imelda May. I think Kitty Daisy and Lewis also do a great job as well as The Ceasars. Crybaby not know yet.
Refer to any group or artist you hear lately.
I recently discovered Eugene McGuinness, I love your voice and I think his talent promise. I recommend it.
Your last job with The Polecats is 2008 the band Still active?
Yes, I still play. Before summer I was with them in California where we gave three concerts including the Ink and Iron festival.
In early 2012 we also act at the Viva Las Vegas Festival.
I suppose for a classic rock lover like you the topic of digital music will be a shame and fantasize vinyl.
These are new times yes, a new direction and well, it's a shame because I love vinyl, but I hear that again!
Thank you very much
To you!

I get the feeling the reason Boz has not seen Alain in years is because of that Morrissey policy where active band members are barred from contact with ex-band members and people who existed in the Morrissey world and are no longer there.

The most famous case being the excommunication of Spencer Cobrin. Absolutely no one was/is allowed to be in contact with Spencer. For the record, I asked Spencer (a few years ago) if he ever hears from the guys and he said "No". "I don't think they are allowed to speak with me".

according to this, now spencer and matt walker can be BFF's

You know Boz is friends with Alain on Facebook and has made at least one public posting to his wall that I am aware of (though admittedly that was about a year ago).

Alain only recently (in the last year or so) had contact through Facebook with Spencer. I don't think Alain would do that if he were still in the band or a Morrissey writing partner. It would be verboten. I now guess that the chance of Alain working with Moz again is pretty much....zero.

Basically, Boz could contact Alain. he knows how to reach him. He just doesn't most likely because of his temperamental/immature/nutty boss.

Haha. UTTER RUBBISH. But suits the agenda of this increasingly delusional site, I suppose.

For the record, I asked Spencer (a few years ago) if he ever hears from the guys and he said "No". "I don't think they are allowed to speak with me".

And do you you invest all flippant, throwaway remarks with their most literal meaning, Einstein?

reading the translation of this interview made me both confused and sad :straightface:

Boz and Alain are in contact through Facebook. Just because he hasn't seen him in a long time doesn't mean they are not on speaking terms!

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom