Atheism Thread

Get over me, realitybites. I was discussing an idea along the lines of atheism, not attacking your soul. I don't dismiss the Atheist tenets completely...

1381973_545289555558752_1262982062_n.jpg

My point was that one doesn't have to be a Christian or of any religious affiliation in order to do good works. To point out a charitable act done by church members in an atheist thread is odd. Whatever happened to that god thread? Buried six pages back, I gather. Her post was a windup. Take off the blinders folks. How ya'll are still so accommodating is beyond me. You think you are being kind and understanding. It is enabling bad behavior.

I was simply joking. I haven't followed this thread at all. Just clicked on it today.

Look...I'm Catholic. Will always be. I believe in God. I believe in Saints. I believe in saying the Hail Mary. But, I also understand where you are coming from and respect that. You, however, do tend to push your belief that there is no God a little too hard. Who is right and who is wrong? Who is to say? All I can hear is you screaming, "ME!" I mean, at the end of the day, it's whatever gets us through, right? Whether we're good or bad...and who are we to question THAT? What's good to one person may be horrible to another.

Yeah, yeah...donating to charity is awesome. We all do it. Believers and non-believers. I don't really see the point in this debate.

I was simply joking. I haven't followed this thread at all. Just clicked on it today.

Look...I'm Catholic. Will always be. I believe in God. I believe in Saints. I believe in saying the Hail Mary. But, I also understand where you are coming from and respect that. You, however, do tend to push your belief that there is no God a little too hard. Who is right and who is wrong? Who is to say? All I can hear is you screaming, "ME!" I mean, at the end of the day, it's whatever gets us through, right? Whether we're good or bad...and who are we to question THAT? What's good to one person may be horrible to another.

Yeah, yeah...donating to charity is awesome. We all do it. Believers and non-believers. I don't really see the point in this debate.

I am not pushing my beliefs on anyone. I post links, articles, etc. related to atheism in this thread, from time to time. This thread is about atheism not Christian charity. I pointed that fact out. Posting about Christian charity in the atheism thread is like posting Michael Jackson videos in a New Wave thread. It is off-topic. She knows that. But would rather post in the atheism thread than her symbolic thread or the god thread. Why do you think that is?

I am not pushing my beliefs on anyone. I post links, articles, etc. related to atheism in this thread, from time to time. This thread is about atheism not Christian charity. I pointed that fact out. Posting about Christian charity in the atheism thread is like posting Michael Jackson videos in a New Wave thread. It is off-topic. She knows that. But would rather post in the atheism thread than her symbolic thread or the god thread. Why do you think that is?

You often argue that CHURCH is horrible. I was stating an example where I witnessed a church community not being horrible. Not baiting. No agenda. Just an observation. I'm not out to get you. :rolleyes: Stop talking about me and talk about Atheism.

I was only replying to the current argument at hand (with a bad joke, I might add). Maybe her post was better suited for the "God" thread - if there is one (thread, I mean.) But, what's the point in creating a thread and having a debate if someone can't jump in and shake things up a bit? If it's someone you don't like, ignore it. Why can't you just ignore her? You let her, and anything/one else you believe to be a threat against you, completely devour your day/week/month/year. Stop and think a minute before you go off the deep end. CG can't do anything to you if you don't let her. It's that simple. I don't mean to be rude, RB. It's just MY observation.

I was only replying to the current argument at hand (with a bad joke, I might add). Maybe her post was better suited for the "God" thread - if there is one (thread, I mean.) But, what's the point in creating a thread and having a debate if someone can't jump in and shake things up a bit? If it's someone you don't like, ignore it. Why can't you just ignore her? You let her, and anything/one else you believe to be a threat against you, completely devour your day/week/month/year. Stop and think a minute before you go off the deep end. CG can't do anything to you if you don't let her. It's that simple. I don't mean to be rude, RB. It's just MY observation.

I don't let her ruin my day, week, etc. But I DO hate her and her name and her posts and her ugly face. I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT HER.

Hate. Well, there you go. It only hurts you in the end.

Too true. But it is not such an easy thing to let go of. In real life, I would remove people like that from my life. I cannot remove her from this site. I can not visit or try to avoid her. Ignoring is virtually impossible as she posts all day, every day, in all threads. She is a virus that is everywhere one goes. I know I am not the only one sickened by her presence. She has single-handedly ruined the atmosphere of this website.

Too true. But it is not such an easy thing to let go of. In real life, I would remove people like that from my life. I cannot remove her from this site. I can not visit or try to avoid her. Ignoring is virtually impossible as she posts all day, every day, in all threads. She is a virus that is everywhere one goes. I know I am not the only one sickened by her presence. She has single-handedly ruined the atmosphere of this website.

No, not single-handedly. I disagree. There have been others in the recent past...

And why hate so much? I mean, other than the harassment and posting in every thread? If there's nothing to what she's posting, then why bother getting upset? The people who matter here pay her no mind, right? You should know that. So, what lies at the core of this hate? Really? That comment above - that's real-life, passionate hate, RB.

Get over me, realitybites. I was discussing an idea along the lines of atheism, not attacking your soul. I don't dismiss the Atheist tenets completely...

1381973_545289555558752_1262982062_n.jpg

I heard that there are poor people on this planet who have their food not go empty very much like you can read in the Bible. This child hopefully knows who is really responsible for the polluted water. Science prides itself with being able to make earthquake proof constructions in San Fransisco, but yet it isn't possible to get proper water cleaning facilities to places where this child is living? Really? If the child is educated by the likes of Madonna and Bill Gates charities, it'll never get into the position to simply ask so that it will be given, it may have a terrible life, but the people who mislead this child are going to pay their price for making the life of that child so miserable. They'll be told that look... I provided you with the knowledge and brain facility to do something about the terrible water, why did you decide to become a painter instead? (The terrible woman with whom I went to the Morrissey concert in London did just that. Disgusting.) And why did you only sell your knowledge for a high price and didn't use it better to really better the lives of many? - See, what we get more often is that those exact people think they are some kind of substitude God who can determine who is worthy to live or not. Bob Geldorf for example is all for this child not being born in the first place. Another creep. When I had him in front of me and he kept looking at me I should have given him the middle finger, but didn't know at the time just how terrible he is, even though I did sense it. I was the only one who cried at the thought that a child dies every 3 seconds because of severe hunger. The world is more complex than those stupid images imply. At other places people who pray get new teeth without going to the dentist. That of course won't happen to an atheist or satanist.

In fact, atheist charity reigns supreme.

I expected you to follow this with a little proof. Instead, you mention only the donations of two individuals.

Do you actually believe that charitable donations by atheists, worldwide, dwarf those of deists? The idea is preposterous.

As for your obsession with another poster: please drop it. I don't care for her either, but you are far more puerile and bullying in your treatment of her than she is in her reactions to your posts.

I expected you to follow this with a little proof. Instead, you mention only the donations of two individuals.

Do you actually believe that charitable donations by atheists, worldwide, dwarf those of deists? The idea is preposterous.

As for your obsession with another poster: please drop it. I don't care for her either, but you are far more puerile and bullying in your treatment of her than she is in her reactions to your posts.
Surely it doesn't matter. Kindness has nothing to do with religion. So what if Reality doesn't offer evidence. The point is you do not need Jesus to be kind.
As for your interest in Reality's conflict, as you have commented on it, it clearly concerns you.

I meant those two examples reign supreme. But my post did lack clarity. But overall, yes, being that atheists are in the minority, it would seem impossible for their charities combined to be greater than all other charities remaining.

No, not single-handedly. I disagree. There have been others in the recent past...

And why hate so much? I mean, other than the harassment and posting in every thread? If there's nothing to what she's posting, then why bother getting upset? The people who matter here pay her no mind, right? You should know that. So, what lies at the core of this hate? Really? That comment above - that's real-life, passionate hate, RB.

The harassment alone is enough to make me hate her. Put yourself in my position and say you wouldn't feel angry and hateful as well. Maybe you wouldn't. Maybe you are a different kind of animal. Though it is easy to say turn the other cheek and much harder to actually do it.

LOL. Thank you, Peterb. You always offer your heroes the most revealing kind of support.
I think you are being quite unfair.
Do you really think we should be producing evidence to prove that you do not need religion to be kind?
And you think Reality is a hero of mine? Seriously?
She's an internet friend.
Something you'll never be since you won't register.
You can refer to my old posts (as you have done implicitly here).
You are Anon so I guess it's easy to throw shit around.

I think you are being quite unfair.
Do you really think we should be producing evidence to prove that you do not need religion to be kind?
And you think Reality is a hero of mine? Seriously?
She's an internet friend.
Something you'll never be since you won't register.
You can refer to my old posts (as you have done implicitly here).
You are Anon so I guess it's easy to throw shit around.

Anonymous posters are wusses, plain and simple.

The Story Behind the 'World's Most Famous Atheist' Richard Dawkins

British zoologist Richard Dawkins turned evolutionary theory on its head when he published his book, "The Selfish Gene," in 1976. His recently released autobiography, "An Appetite for Wonder," sheds light on the first 35 years of Dawkins' life, from his birth in Kenya, to his fascination with science at Oxford, to the origin of his gene-centered view about natural selection. He joins us in the studio.

Back
Top Bottom