Atheism Thread

I'm pretty thick-skinned. Takes a lot for me to get offended. I try to treat everyone with a modicum of respect--even those whose views differ greatly from my own. Everyone has a background that is unique which shapes who they become. Instead of admonishing you for things you believe, I've made an attempt to understand. And if along the way, by sharing my views, a little insight is embraced by you, then that is great. Indifference, ignoring, doesn't solve anything or bridge any gaps in the road. Discussion, communication, does. So, my point is, I am not angry nor do I feel toyed with. Whether you believe the things you said or not, does not really matter. I am here to share and be entertained. Could you and I be friends AFK? Doubtful if you think Native American men should not have long hair thus they look like women.

I on the other think think that look is totally hot! :p

Smoke-Signals-adam-beach-23321701-600-400.jpg

Not like we will meet anyway so I doubt the AFK part. Just ignore all the things I typed cause I did not mean a thing. I also agree with what you said in this latest post.

Thought about you when I remembered this old swedish Eurovision song (despite the name being spelled differently).

We love you Jehne we do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Fc-QjQLoI

---Urbanus

Hey Jehne, I always wondered what you thought about Hitchens brother who seems to be against diversity and sounds like Morrissey in the 90's in regards to the foreign influx into Britain?
His brother recently had an article published in well known racist magazines about how Britain has changed for the worse.

Hey Jehne, I always wondered what you thought about Hitchens brother who seems to be against diversity and sounds like Morrissey in the 90's in regards to the foreign influx into Britain?
His brother recently had an article published in well known racist magazines about how Britain has changed for the worse.

Hi. Ya, Hitchens brothers are/were so different in so many ways. It is hard to believe they were cut from the same cloth. Not a fan of Peter on any level. He sure lacks the charisma that made his younger brother, Christopher, so pleasurable to witness in action.

Peter DOES strike me as leaning heavily right of center. Whereas Hitchens was a true liberal to the core, despite was his detractors claim. His position on Iraq was motivated by his belief in human rights and democracy. He was not a war monger, like he is unfairly branded by Islamic apologists.

God exists.

3q6qv6.jpg

Further proof maybe you guys are right. Dammit.

300576_552375921476983_9533445_n.jpg

Thomas Harris' The Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon are great reads. And I am a big fan of Robin Cook's medical thrillers. Harmful Intent is a good one to start with.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I just finished reading Red Dragon 2 days ago and I was sorely disappointed. In fact, I'll just post my kindle review, because it pretty much sums up my feelings. I was really looking forward to reading this when I bought it, but the more I read it, the more I disliked it. There was virtually no character development and too many typos for my comfort. Also, Thomas Harris clearly knows nothing about the way metaphors work. I mean, he felt greasy like old currency? HA!

It sucked so bad, I've just requested a refund. Suck my metaphorical dick, Mr. Harris!

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I just finished reading Red Dragon 2 days ago and I was sorely disappointed. In fact, I'll just post my kindle review, because it pretty much sums up my feelings. I was really looking forward to reading this when I bought it, but the more I read it, the more I disliked it. There was virtually no character development and too many typos for my comfort. Also, Thomas Harris clearly knows nothing about the way metaphors work. I mean, he felt greasy like old currency? HA!

It sucked so bad, I've just requested a refund. Suck my metaphorical dick, Mr. Harris!

Didn't know you could get a refund. Or are you kidding?

What's a metaphor? Haha.

I love the show! We watch it every week, which is why I decided to read the book. Usually they say the book is better than the movie, but when the network television show is better than the book, well, that's just ridiculous.

tumblr_mnc1g99Gc71qixsl1o3_250.gif

Didn't know you could get a refund. Or are you kidding?

No, I really got a refund. If you're disappointed in a book and request a refund within 7 days of the purchase date, they will refund your money and remove the book from your kindle. I read it in about 3 days and when I went on amazon last night to copy my bad review, I saw that they gave me the option to refund the book for "quality issues". x

What's a metaphor? Haha.

It's secret, that's why it's called metaphor. That's what metaphor means...secret.

Back
Top Bottom