New Order: 7 Sept 1980: Western Works, Sheffield demo session, 2012 mastering

The Seeker of Good Songs

Longtime readers know that daddy blog TPoIT brought the band's legendary September 1980 Western Works demo session to light, from the presumed master reel, several years ago (meaning we all threw away our 30-year-old Edison wax cylinder recordings we'd had previously). It probably was the most popular post on the blog, after the (subsequently DMCA'ed) REM Cassette Set demo tape. It has seen close to 10,000 downloads. Amazing.

That said, the 2009 version was not well mastered. At least to my current skill set and critical ears. So, I got to work again, and here we are with a much-improved set for you.

I direct you to the two posts (master post; followup post) over on TPoIT for essential background and my long-winded writing about these gems. I direct you to the Mediafire page for downloads of the pristine files, made stunning. They are now properly EQ'ed: drums sound like drums, etc. They are just all around more better.

enjoy!

01 Dreams Never End (mix 1)
02 Dreams Never End (mix 2)
03 Homage
04 Ceremony
05 Truth
06 Are You Ready Are You Ready Are You Ready For This (feat. R. Gretton, vocals)

Get 'em here.

Feed to the world, spread the news, delete the old versions.

from: http://neworderarchive.blogspot.com/2012/08/7-sept-1980-western-works-sheffield.html

Back
Top Bottom