Never Heard Symphonies: Rarities Anthology

Re: Never-Heard Symphonies (2012 Edition)

Just saw someone post Roy's Keen live on TOTP in another thread. Reckon that should be added here?

I'd go with no. TOTP performances are often (this one is a great example) incomplete and bookended with TV host babble running over the audio. Also it's just the studio track with live vocals, which is something I guess, but overall I just don't feel they should be added.

Oh, and you know how fans remastered Maudlin Street, Ordinary Boys, whatever was left off the Kill Uncle reissue etc? On the same token, do we have fan remasters for Papa Jack and Roy's Keen since they were omitted from the Maladjusted reissue?

Not that I know of but I have a feeling the fan "remasters" are just volume boosts and equalizer tweaks that anybody could do with Audacity or Nero.

Makes sense to me.

Request:

I'm putting together the NHS volume that deals with the Tour Of The Tormentors and its segue into the Greatest Hits tour of '07. If memory serves, Morrissey replaced Auld Lang Syne with Happy Birthday in the Pigsty/HSIN coupling he was doing around that time.

Does anybody have the Happy Birthday version?

Request:

I'm putting together the NHS volume that deals with the Tour Of The Tormentors and its segue into the Greatest Hits tour of '07. If memory serves, Morrissey replaced Auld Lang Syne with Happy Birthday in the Pigsty/HSIN coupling he was doing around that time.

Definitely have it somewhere. Will have a search...

NHS 18
(2006-2007)

NHS_18.jpg

NHS_18.png

Request:

Did someone get this to you?

Also, will you be including the live b-sides of To Me You Are A Work Of Art and I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now?

Did someone get this to you?

No.

Also, will you be including the live b-sides of To Me You Are A Work Of Art and I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now?

That's an odd thing: I swear I had those and now that you mention it, they are not here. I wonder if I accidentally deleted them in the re-formatting shuffle. I will look in my back-up hard drive and if I find them I'll re-add them.

That's an odd thing: I swear I had those and now that you mention it, they are not here. I wonder if I accidentally deleted them in the re-formatting shuffle. I will look in my back-up hard drive and if I find them I'll re-add them.

UPDATE:

Found 'em in the back-up hard drive. Working on fixes.

UPDATE:

Found 'em in the back-up hard drive. Working on fixes.

Mystery solved, Ryan. You had me doubting my own sanity there for awhile!

I did include them. They are at the end of Volume 16. Look again.

Oh yeah, there they are!

Will I Keep Mine Hidden live b-side be on the next comp?

Will I Keep Mine Hidden live b-side be on the next comp?

No. I never did get a hold of the official version and on top of that I have an excellent quality audio rip of the BBC Theater performance (from which the b-side is culled), and the performance of that song is what I use in the Nothing Ever Dies Comp, which will be re-upped shortly as soon as the NHS is done.

On that note, I really just want to get this over with. I'm pretty happy with the collection of material I have so unless something really stunning is unearthed, what I you see is what you get.

I actually had some c*** PM me a couple months back to ask me why all the Rock Band instrumental tracks from Stop Me aren't in the comp...something like that; I don't even know. I never responded. People like that are never satisfied. You always have to do better.

There is nothing like this anthology ANYWHERE in existence. I am extremely proud of it. So I don't need my dick sucked but I have limited patience for
working on something this huge (I started it in 2007 when I was jobless and selling boot CDs through MySpace!) and then people respond with "oh, but how come _____ isn't in here?"

There is always gonna be stuff I don't feel merits inclusion, or don't have, but you might, or someone else might. And that's the beautiful thing about all this: you can customize your own files. It's pretty easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh yeah, 'cause that is a solo cover of a Smiths tune, forgot about that. Just making sure it's complete as complete can be. :)

Oh yeah, 'cause that is a solo cover of a Smiths tune, forgot about that. Just making sure it's complete as complete can be. :)

Generally if something is released as a solo single/b-side, and has not been collected on a catalog album, I'll include it even if it's a Smiths song. Ex.: Sweet And Tender Hooligan or I Want The One I Can't Have.

With that song in particular though, I just never had the officially mastered b-side. Or I would have included it. But the copy I have sounds really really great, and is the same performance, so because of that, and because it's also in Nothing Ever Dies, I never made an issue of it. Should it technically be in here? Yes.

I've left off b-sides and singles from My Early Burglary Years and World Of Morrissey, yet included the b-sides and bonus tracks that were included in the album re-issues. Why? I guess I feel like MEBY and WOM were legit releases; mop-ups of rarities released for a reason. I never felt that way with the album re-issues/remasters. They reek of novelty and money-grabbing, weren't (in my opinion) very well done, and are insulting to the fans. "Buy the same album again; I've cocked it up a bit though this time but buy it anyway. To bait you, I've thrown in a few rarities..." No thanks. On some of those re-issues, the songs run into each other. INTENTIONALLY. With others, they're just superfluous rehashes of albums and songs we've all probably already bought numerous times in numerous formats.

It's my admittedly arbitrary viewpoint of his releases. People are free to take issue, but this is how I've done my collection when assessing what a "non album track" or "rarity" should be defined as.

NHS V20
(2011-2013)

NHS_20.jpg

NHS_20.png

NHS V21
2013-2014

Update 1-28-16: last four songs have incorrect track number tags. Corrected batch here.

NHS_21.jpg

NHS_21.png

Two questions about this one: Is the live version of Fantastic Bird only an excerpt because no one recorded it in full and a full version isn't out there yet?

Also, should Come Back To Camden be re-tagged? It was played two or three times I think, not just a one-off.

Two questions about this one: Is the live version of Fantastic Bird only an excerpt because no one recorded it in full and a full version isn't out there yet?

As far as I know, yeah, that's the case. If there's a full length recording, I am not aware of it. Not that that means anything...

Also, should Come Back To Camden be re-tagged? It was played two or three times I think, not just a one-off.

I was under the impression it was only played once. I could certainly be wrong. If I am then yeah it should be re-tagged but a live version is still a pretty rare thing.

NHS V22
2014-2015

NHS_22.jpg

NHS_22.png

Back
Top Bottom