Never Heard Symphonies: Rarities Anthology

S

Skylarker

EDIT 2-19-2013

UPDATE:

The Never-Heard Symphonies anthology is a multi-volume collection of all known Morrissey and Smiths rarities including demos, studio outtakes, radio sessions, television appearances, rare recordings, uncollected b-sides, etc. which have made their way into the public arena over the years via bootlegs, filesharing sites, webforums, limited edition singles, what have you.

Everything is iTunes tagged and in mp3 format...320 if possible, unless the original material was smaller.

I've completely re-uploaded every volume of NHS as well as any pertinent updates to the set which have been made since I first put it together.

I've deleted all original posts/links of mine in this thread to get rid of superfluous clutter.

I've also included recent re-ups of the Troy Tate session leaks (the various sets of bootlegs of the aborted first attempt at The Smiths' debut LP) as well as my compilation Nothing Ever Dies, which is my anthology of Morrissey's solo interpretations of Smiths songs.

I take credit only for collecting all these tracks and assembling them into cohesive playlists; not for the original leaks these anthologies are made from.

Some but no by no means all of the original sources of the material (other than Morrissey and company, obviously) include Mr. Reynolds, Viva Hate, Brandi Most, Giselle, Motorways, Drew from The Power Of Independent Trucking, David A/Smithstorrents members, and many more individuals who have been kind enough to share with the rest of the fan community over the years.

Everything is here

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Never-Heard Symphonies (2012 Edition)

capture_20120807_221450.png

It doesn't look like you have the officially released Tate version of 'Reel Around The Fountain' that clocks in at 6:14 from The Smiths Complete...perhaps the 6:05 version is the great quality bootleg leaked awhile back?

Do you want it?

If I've missed that somehow then yeah, absolutely, and thanks. All I was aware of where rarities are concerned was the the Jensen Session, the Warners single master that got scrapped, a rough-sounding version of ambiguous origin, and the three different Tate Sessions leaks.

I was not aware there was a version in the box set that is separate from the Tate version on the Demos and Instrumentals bootleg as well as the three leaked Tate versions.

It is only different from the Tate version on 'Demos and Instrumentals' in the sense that it is remastered and officially released. Of course, I'm simply assuming that since I haven't listened to anything Morrissey related in a long time and I no longer keep bootlegs.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uk6n26

Are the links working? Cheers!

Thanks; I'll play it and if it is different, I'll amend Volume 1.

So, seeing as you added it, it must have been a bit different. What did you think of it?

Oh, also, would you like the full version of 'I Want A Boy For My Birthday'? I see you just have a 30 second clip...

So, seeing as you added it, it must have been a bit different. What did you think of it?

Oh, also, would you like the full version of 'I Want A Boy For My Birthday'? I see you just have a 30 second clip...

If you have the full version of I want A boy for my bday can you upload it? I would love to hear it.

Thanks,
Gary

WTF?! f*** yeah I want it!

Dude. I thought it would be fairly obvious I was joking.

Especially when I told someone anonymous to "check their inbox"...:lbf:

OK so this is the start of the newest round of updates to the "Never Heard Symphonies" anthology that was started here several years back. The purpose is to provide new, active links to the compilations, as well as any sonic upgrades from versions previously posted, not to mention the inclusion of any material that has surfaced since the last time this was updated.

The material in this anthology includes b-sides not collected on catalog compilations, demos, session tracks, TV performances, edits, notable live versions, etc.

Most of this material has never been officially released, most of that which has is out of print.

My only role here is to organize and compile a collection; I take no credit for leaking or originally presenting any of the bootleg material contained in this. On that note, I'd like to thank Motorways, Mr. Reynolds, !Viva Hate!, Drew from The Power Of Independent Trucking, and any others I am forgetting or simply do not know of, who can take credit for the availability of various chunks of this material.

Everything is FLAC or WAV-sourced where possible and converted to mp3, ripped at 320 unless the original source material was already Mp3 at a lower bitrate. Playlist Number 1 centers on the era of 1983 to early 1984; The Smiths' debut period.

EDIT 8-8-12 @11:20 PM: Added the Complete box set single version of Reel Around The Fountain; fixed a song I'd forgotten to convert from WAV, resequenced and re-upped. New link.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vb60d1

capture_20120808_212839.png

Great work Skylarker!
I've downloaded this first part, but I know that already exists better versions of tracks 2 & 3 (Jeane and What Difference, both demos).

Check here: http://thepowerofindependenttruckin...4/these-things-take-time-smiths-new-troy.html
or here: http://smithstorrents.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3194

ALE

Thanks Skylarker.

Nice! Can't wait for these downloads. Cheers!

thanks for all your hard work compiling! one question: bigmouth strikes again extended mix? is this bootleg or for real?

Big Mouth extended version is fan-made, not an official Smiths release.

What happened to the viva hate and bona drag versions by mid week?

Cannot thank you enough for all of your sterling work in doing these compilations - fantastic job. THANK YOU.

Back
Top Bottom