Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.net

I am a committed republican but Moz on this subject sounds obsessive and more than a little mad and deranged. His lack of clarity where the Royals are concerned is exemplified by his mis-use of the word 'empirical', which has nothing to do with 'empire'. All very muddled. Get a life, Moz. You need to get out more!

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

Moz is the quintessential 'loner at the party' looking miserable and disgusted by everything going on around him. The thing is - it's quaint and romantic when you're young (with a beautiful quiff), but when you're old and grey, you just look creepy and bitter.

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

All this royal stuff is bollocks. Yes they vile, but totally separate to the Olympics which is about personal achievements (like Morrissey) and to make matters worse he lives in the mandarin oriental Knightsbridge which backs on to Hyde Park, a royal park, which he wanders, within half a mile of Buckingham Palace, and is also a multi millionaire.

Does Moz really think that getting rid of the Royals would change ANYTHING in Britain? Is the USA a shining example of equality and tolerance? A country that executes more people than China. Is France? Where racism and the Front Nazi-onal are on the rise. The Royals are just figure-heads. Politicians are just front-men. The people with the real power are behind the scenes pulling the strings, and that's where they will always stay.

I agree with 'anonymous'. Another post from an insipid personality.

Attention all Trolls.

Please do not model your trolling on the inept 'Iona Mink'.

If you wish to troll specific points in this essay from 'BrummieBoy', please use 'multi-quote'.
If your troll attempt is generic and global, there is no need to quote the entire essay as doing so will make this thread unwieldy for the worldwide audience who will be drawn here to read it.

We will be providing a refresher course on 'Advanced Trolling Skills on 'Morrissey-Solo.com' in 'The Pigsty' soon. Places are limited and will be allocated according to need, as assessed by our Project Psychiatrist - Dr Ekaterina Jones.

Nana_et_rose.jpg

A multiple choice assessment quiz will be provided to identify those trolls who needs are urgent.
Of course, 'IonaMink' is guaranteed a place on the course as the need is clearly urgent. :lbf:

Thank you for your continuing interest in 'BrummieBoy'

Michael Joyce.
Press and Public Relations to the 'BrummieBoy' collective.

Mike Joyce.jpg

#Troll.GIANTFAIL!

His little rants, as some might say, certainly invite discussion. The topic of the pervasive royal presence and the acceptance of their position in society by many UKers reminds me of a more dangerous phenomenon in America where poor, in debt, working class Americans think that they are middle class and side with Conservative money whores so as to align themselves with the delusion that they are middle class when at the end of the day, the Conservatives are quietly creating a huge class gap and stealing from these poor middle class people, the very people who support the conservatives, give them their vote, pay for their campaigns, etc.. I hate politics and trying to ennunciate my thoughts on the topic, but the hatred of the royals as an entity reminds me of this lurking phenomenon in America where eventually we'll have a shit-ton of poor people in debt and smattering of uber-rich telling us all how middle class we are.

It’s similar here in the UK. The rich leveraging the wannabe rich, the poor seen as victims of their own lethargy and stupidity. ‘Aspire’ and ‘acquire’ have become practically synonymous. The Right, realising they can’t rely on their true constituency (a tiny portion of the population) to shoe-horn themselves into office once more have become remarkably adept at turning the working poor against the unemployed poor. I’ve lost count of the number of times Tory ministers have cynically evoked the scenario of “hard working mums and dads” leaving for work early in the morning as their unemployed neighbours “languish in bed”. It goes on, don’t get me wrong, but the Tories don’t give a f*** about “hard working mums and dads” other than as a source of votes.

The fact that unthinking acceptance of the royals is the default position in a country that considers itself a democracy is utterly cringe-making. That they are now seen as basically harmless and rather loveable is a PR masterstroke, as is the 60p per head cost to the population, distracting us from the fact that we have abject poverty for many and gold f***ing carriages and actual f***ing palaces for others.

Long may Morrissey continue to drone on and on and on...

Does Moz really think that getting rid of the Royals would change ANYTHING in Britain? Is the USA a shining example of equality and tolerance? A country that executes more people than China. Is France? Where racism and the Front Nazi-onal are on the rise. The Royals are just figure-heads. Politicians are just front-men. The people with the real power are behind the scenes pulling the strings, and that's where they will always stay.

A very powerful response, concisely stated.

We could have had 'President B.Liar' opening the games.

I haven't noticed Morrissey's trenchant comments on the bank bailouts, off-shoring of wealth or Jimmy Carr's tax ruses. Funny, that.....wonder why those subjects are of no interest to him as he walks the opulent streets of Zurich. I doubt he reads 'Zero Hedge' or follows Max Keiser. He cannot castigate The Royals as 'benefit frauds' unless he is a UK taxpayer. His tax affairs remain private whilst his 'political' views :lbf: are broadcast as a publicity stunt. It was be helpful if he clarified his tax/UK/ex-pat residency status.

He's trolling again, but like so many trolls on this site, he's not very good at it.

regards

Note to Sharon. You're getting it. Please print off relevant 'anonymous' comments for me to peruse.

regards

I haven't noticed Morrissey's trenchant comments on the bank bailouts, off-shoring of wealth or Jimmy Carr's tax ruses. Funny, that.....wonder why those subjects are of no interest to him as he walks the opulent streets of Zurich. I doubt he reads 'Zero Hedge' or follows Max Keiser. He cannot castigate The Royals as 'benefit frauds' unless he is a UK taxpayer. His tax affairs remain private whilst his 'political' views :lbf: are broadcast as a publicity stunt. It was be helpful if he clarified his tax/UK/ex-pat residency status.

He's trolling again, but like so many trolls on this site, he's not very good at it.

regards

Note to Sharon. You're getting it. Please print off relevant 'anonymous' comments for me to peruse.

regards

Naive, pompous, pedantic and tedious. And BB has the nerve to accuse others of being trolls!

I am a committed republican but Moz on this subject sounds obsessive and more than a little mad and deranged. His lack of clarity where the Royals are concerned is exemplified by his mis-use of the word 'empirical', which has nothing to do with 'empire'. All very muddled. Get a life, Moz. You need to get out more!

So literal! I read the use of "empirical" as wordplay, pure and simple. But hey, if it offers you another stick with which to beat him, then go ahead; but you're the one who looks stupid and desperate.

All this royal stuff is bollocks. Yes they vile, but totally separate to the Olympics which is about personal achievements (like Morrissey) and to make matters worse he lives in the mandarin oriental Knightsbridge which backs on to Hyde Park, a royal park, which he wanders, within half a mile of Buckingham Palace, and is also a multi millionaire.

My idea of "bollocks" is confused rambling like this ^

...... If you love someone you listen and support them. No matter how often they speak of the issue. It's fine to have your own opinion as well, but it's just as important to accept his..... It was nice that he even took the time to write a note to express his gratitude and thoughts to us. I always look forward to his statements. Some of you people are just so bitter.

'if you love someone you listen and support them. No matter how often they speak of the issue'.

That's not 'love', that's co-dependency. If someone close to you becomes obsessive about an issue regarding a country they no longer live in yet feel the need to imagine they 'somehow still belong' or have any valid right to pontificate about, then if you care about them, you tell them that they appear to be unable to 'move on', despite their decision to emigrate.

There are countless ex-pat bars around the world where embittered ex-Brits congregate to moan. Sometimes it's a faux-English pub showing cricket and footie and serving 'ye olde English' food.

There are various online sanctuaries for ex-pats with valid or delusional grievances about their status:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/

Are you seriously suggesting Morrissey doesn't come across as 'bitter'? He no longer lives here, may not pay any revenue to the Exchequer, yet expects a free pass to comment on constitutional matters. Not going to happen. Any public figure who comments on British politics and constitutional mattes can expect to have their motives examined closely.

regards

ps: 'nice' is a Morrissey 'boo!' word. 'whole life in ruins' etc

Last edited:
Anyone know who is responsible for the 'WAKE UP' message? Golden Dawn? The Left? Seems significant and I'm sure Moz would have found out first before promoting it to the world...

Naive, pompous, pedantic and tedious. And BB has the nerve to accuse others of being trolls!

'Naive, pompous, pedantic and tedious': excellent summary of Morrissey's statement of 3 August 2012. :straightface:

regards

#Troll.Fail!

social narcissist troll.jpg

nb: Sharon, can you put the 'anonymous' one in separate folders. valid/invalid use of online anonymity. thanks.

Re: Morrissey Statement - TTY

About 65 pence per person per year of tax money going to the royal family.

Can we complete the analysis with how much goes to morrissey and all the other music self aggrandising leeches

Attention all Trolls.

If you wish to troll specific points in this essay from 'BrummieBoy', please use 'multi-quote'.
If your troll attempt is generic and global, there is no need to quote the entire essay as doing so will make this thread unwieldy for the worldwide audience who will be drawn here to read it.

We will be providing a refresher course on 'Advanced Trolling Skills on 'Morrissey-Solo.com' in 'The Pigsty' soon. Places are limited and will be allocated according to need, as assessed by our Project Psychiatrist - Dr Ekaterina Jones.

View attachment 13860

A multiple choice assessment quiz will be provided to identify those trolls who needs are urgent.
Of course, 'IonaMink' is guaranteed a place on the course as the need is clearly urgent. :lbf:

Michael Joyce.

View attachment 13861

#Troll.GIANTFAIL!

regards

regards

'if you love someone you listen and support them. No matter how often they speak of the issue'.

That's not 'love', that's co-dependency. If someone close to you becomes obsessive about an issue regarding a country they no longer live in yet feel the need to imagine they 'somehow still belong' or have any valid right to pontificate about, then if you care about them, you tell them that they appear to be unable to 'move on', despite their decision to emigrate.

There are countless ex-pat bars around the world where embittered ex-Brits congregate to moan. Sometimes it's a faux-English pub showing cricket and footie and serving 'ye olde English' food.

There are various online sanctuaries for ex-pats with valid or delusional grievances about their status:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/

Are you seriously suggesting Morrissey doesn't come across as 'bitter'? He no longer lives here, may not pay any revenue to the Exchequer, yet expects a free pass to comment on constitutional matters. Not going to happen. Any public figure who comments on British politics and constitutional mattes can expect to have their motives examined closely.

regards

ps: 'nice' is a Morrissey 'boo!' word. 'whole life in ruins' etc

'Naive, pompous, pedantic and tedious': excellent summary of Morrissey's statement of 3 August 2012. :straightface:

regards

#Troll.Fail!

View attachment 13862

nb: Sharon, can you put the 'anonymous' one in separate folders. valid/invalid use of online anonymity. thanks.

tumblr_m885fn4C7R1r16n9o.gif

Seeing the Diamond Jubilee fiasco, I can see what Morrissey is saying. The public bowing down before people that have no redeeming quality to them and have been born privileged for no reason at all. Living lavishly at the public's expense. The media asking children in the choir what it was like singing for the Queen. It looks like they are idolizing the leader in a dictatorship. Charles thanking his mommy. It's embarrassing.

The fact that unthinking acceptance of the royals is the default position in a country that considers itself a democracy is utterly cringe-making. That they are now seen as basically harmless and rather loveable is a PR masterstroke, as is the 60p per head cost to the population, distracting us from the fact that we have abject poverty for many and gold f***ing carriages and actual f***ing palaces for others.

Long may Morrissey continue to drone on and on and on...

'Unthinking acceptance' is presumably your formulation of 'false consciousness'?
Ordinary people are stupid and their soap-opera obsession with Royal 'fairy tales' is the one and only dimension to be considered. The trans-historical cohesion and national unity in times of war and upheaavel 'historical meme' needs no study or evaluation. The Brits obsession with their Royal dream machine is crasser than the American thralldom to Hollywood 'royalty' and family political dynasties. Kennedy.Bush.Clinton. Yes, it's that re-assuringly simplistic.

Where is Morrissey domiciled for tax purposes?
The Royal Family now pay taxes to HMRC. Does Morrissey?
Royal 'social security benefit payments' are now means-tested.
First income tax, next inheritance tax......

More work needs to be done to ensure the provide a R.O.I on public funds via the London / Stratford / Balmoral theme-park experience, but the cost-benefit analysis is hardly simplistic.

Name a country in the world which does not have equally problematic inherited wealth and annual income disparities.

Norway.Sweden.Holland.Denmark.Bhutan.Japan? US?Russia?China?Pakistan? It's hardly a clear monarch/republic split is it?

20,000 x avg £50 = circa £1,000,000 gross

How much of the net profits from his 'national unity' concert in Manchester has Morrissey donated to advancing the Republican cause in England?

He ends by linking to PETA apropos of nothing else in his screed. I don't see any evidence of his public support for real, rather than fantasy, attempts to progress a democratic Republican alternative. In other words, in his mid-50s, he's still a political and cultural dilettante. And, quite frankly, a laughing stock.

regards

http://www.republic.org.uk/index.php

His little rants, as some might say, certainly invite discussion. The topic of the pervasive royal presence and the acceptance of their position in society by many UKers reminds me of a more dangerous phenomenon in America where poor, in debt, working class Americans think that they are middle class and side with Conservative money whores so as to align themselves with the delusion that they are middle class when at the end of the day, the Conservatives are quietly creating a huge class gap and stealing from these poor middle class people, the very people who support the conservatives, give them their vote, pay for their campaigns, etc.. I hate politics and trying to ennunciate my thoughts on the topic, but the hatred of the royals as an entity reminds me of this lurking phenomenon in America where eventually we'll have a shit-ton of poor people in debt and smattering of uber-rich telling us all how middle class we are.

Excellent post , CG ! I couldn't agree more ; when working-class people vote Conservative , it's almost like a man hitting himself in the head with a hammer. Thomas Frank's "What's the matter with Kansas ?" is a really good book on exactly this topic. It's a fun and informative read even if you're not any sort of politics buff.

Last edited:

Attention all Trolls.

View attachment 13860

Michael Joyce.

View attachment 13861

#Troll.GIANTFAIL!

'#Troll.GIANTFAIL!' again?

I didn't think it was possible to be this boring. But you are. You really are.

It makes me laugh that Morrissey is a millionaire and can spend £400 on candles and overpriced, Italian designer shirts or whatever and then moan how wealthy and extravagant the Royals are, I'm not bothered about the Royals either, they're so far away from my life, but come on Morrissey you're a multi-millionaire! And he's not lived in England since 1990 or whatever so how can he know about the ordinary Englishman of today?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom