Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.net

Morrissey needs to let go of the royalty thing--especially since he does not reside there anymore; he cut the cord a long time ago, and notice, the only place he finds a suitable government is Japan. So, pack your bags old man!

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

Very kind and thoughtful note from our man. Looking forward to the Fall!

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

6 golds in one day and not a Royal in sight
Union Jack flying high - what is there not to love about this
#britainsgotrealtalent

I love you morrissey....but please talk about something different....

A note for Posterity from 'BrummieBoy' Part 1.

The first part is fine. The skinny: Morrissey's touring business discovers new overseas markets before returning to established cash-cows in North America. Then the car-crash:

Please can a respected cult member pass a dictionary and thesaurus to Morrissey next time they are on the front row? Wikipedia tells us 'Jingoism is extreme patriotism in the form of aggressive foreign policy.' That's also my understanding of the word. A bit of a stretch to reconfigure the Olympics as such. In fact, just nonsense.Wikipedia again. 'Patriotism is a devotion to one's country, excluding differences caused by the dependencies of the term's meaning upon context, geography and philosophy. In a generalized sense applicable to all countries and peoples, patriotism is a devotion to one's country.'I reference Wikipedia as I assume Morrissey has access to it when he 'composes' these bizarre thoughts whilst living an itinerant lifestyle without access to a settled library.

I thought Morrissey's 'patriotism' was one of his main USPs? Didn't he sue the NME because they attempted to twist his legitimate concerns about uncontrolled immigration into a meme that he was a propagator of racism 'foul with patriotism'? But it gets so much worse....It is hardly news that the Royals, the hereditary Aristocracy, the Rich and the Corporate Hospitality 'prawn cocktail' rabble dominate the Olympics. They dominate everything else in a scarcity model market economy, whilst their empty unused seats mean the Common People stay at home and watch the BBC. The BBC coverage very clearly references the Royal Family when they are actually competing in events and the general daily news covers their movements in no more or less detail than they usually do. Which is, not very much at all really. He needs to stop having The Daily Express delivered with his hotel breakfast. If it's 'lethal to witness', switch to another channel. This isn't North Korea and no-one is forced to watch the Olympics or cheer the Royal Family. It's a choice, but in Morrissey's world it's 'false consciousness', though he probably wouldn't know what that actually means. He references 'England' when it's Team GB/UK. He isn't cheering on the sexy red-hair Celts in these Isles of Wonder, it would seem.

'Europe's royal families flocked to the Olympics day 7 events on Friday, both because it makes for a fun day outing and because, we're guessing, it's easier to get tickets to events when you have an endless number of connections and live in various palaces.'

http://huff.to/Oy767a

London has always been a 'super-wealth brand' and its' increasingly international flavour makes it a separate city-state like Singapore. The thoughtful reader will note that Morrissey now lives in Switzerland which is perhaps the biggest and best of the 'wealth-brands' for the international elite. The analysis of 'England outside London' contradicts the previous confusions about London. Many low income people are definitely being 'nudged' out of London to poorer regions of the country, that is true. However, there are pockets of extraordinary wealth all across GB, drive a dozen miles outside any major city and you'll find such places. I live in one of them. Places like Cheshire, for instance. 'The Surrey of the North'. Morrissey appears to live there when he is not slumming it in Switzerland. I haven't checked Freeview, but I don't think there is a 24 hour channel on The British Royal Family. There's some tacky shopping channels, and a Royal Channel might well be popular. Again, there is no compulsion to follow the Royal Family on any media and the suggestion that there is some hegemonic control of the media is ridiculous. As it is the Queen's Jubilee it is not surpising that there is rather more coverage than usual but it's easily avoided, as is the Olympics.

'In 2012, the British public is evidently assumed to be undersized pigmies, scarcely able to formulate thought.'

I have no intention of even trying to parse this insanely obtuse statement. However, it does not bode well for any autobiography as it has clearly not been shared with any semi-literate friend or employee. If it had been their roars of laughter would surely have sent Morrissey back to the keyboard. Having crashed the car into a brick wall, Morrissey then crawls from the wreckage as it explodes in a linguistic fireball. Morrissey's support for an anarchist uprising in Greece is unsurprising as he won't be living there with the consequences. Let's see if Morrissey returns to perform in Greece when the new Drachma means that the gross ticket revenue from a show in post-Euro Athens is reduced by 2/3rds.He then appears to suggest that there could, should or, indeed, simply must be an anarchist uprising in the UK to prevent honours being bestowed on a football and fashion icon, his ex-pop star fashion designer wife, and a celebrity chef. WTF?!

It's very challenging even attempting to 'unpack' the final explosive non-sentences as they appear to represent an assault on consensual reality. When he hallucinates that 'the spirit of 1939 Germany now pervades throughout media-brand Britain' it's rather difficult know to proceed with this analysis. Whatever Morrissey feels happened in '1939 Germany' that is now being replicated in 'media-brand Britain' is not specified. I have again consulted Wikipedia and I await the wise minds on this forum who will no doubt guide me to the relevant page for analysis and understanding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1939_in_Germany

If Morrissey's misunderstanding of 'jingoism' is connected with this seemingly bizarre speculation that Britain is about to invade Poland or anywhere else as part of the emergence of a British Nazi regime, then that is not even insulting to the people of these 'Isles of Wonder': it is an insult to every penny of public money that was clearly wasted on Morrissey's tax-payer funded education. It is really rather clear that Morrissey did not ask his mother to bring him home any history books from her library workplace. Morrissey has had 35 years in which to remedy the defects of his education and has either chosen not to or simply cannot be self-educated. He might usefully sign up to an Open University course in 'critical thinking' or hire a tutor to travel with him and bring him up to a basic level so that he can comment on public issues without inviting ridicule. I came from equally challenging working class circumstances in Birmingham. My father drove a bus. I have taken responsibility to educate myself not only in a conventional sense but in a deeper enquiry into the human condition. I've done this whilst juggling all manner of personal and professional challenges, easily equal to Morrissey's teenage and adult dramas.

In fact, it is Morrissey and his 'cult folowers' who need to 'WAKE UP' and smell the coffee.

Given this barrage of absolute nonsense, one can only hope that the proofs to Morrisseys' proposed auto-hagiography are destroyed by fire, earthquake or flood. It would be simply unbearable to wade through more than a page of this meretricous drivel and exposure to a volume of this 'writing' could irreparably damage impressionable minds. I am dictating this to my secretary, Sharon, as 'the BrumieBoy project team' chillax and watch the Olympic coverage on BBC television. It has taken me some time to actually accept that Morrissey has willingly 'released' this statement and it is not some unfortunate leak. Whilst recovering from this assault upon shared reality, there has not been one single reference to the British Royal Family or extraneous celebrity detritus. Michael Phelps has just climaxed his world-historic Olympic career in a thrilling race. If Morrissey chooses to absent his eyes and mind from such wonderful spectacles for fear of encountering 'The Royals' then this has become an irrational phobia for which psychological counselling may be appropriate.

Greg Rutherford, with his gorgeous body and erotically charged red hair has just jumped 8:31. Will this be the greatest night ever for British athletics? We have moved from the 'public school' events of rowing, horse-riding and the like, to the people's events. Those events that do not need inherited wealth to participate in. Morrissey was a track star, jogs still perhaps, yet missed a great opportunity to advocate for PETA during the Olympics:

http://blog.peta.org.uk/2012/07/peta’s-vegetarian-poster-boy-to-carry-olympic-torch/

It could have been you, Morrissey. It could have been you.

Jessica Ennis is Olympic Champion!
Greg Rutherford. Olympic Gold Medal!
2 golds in 20 minutes.
Has Morrissey really missed this amazing moment in British athletic history?

Mohammed Farah has just won the 10,000 metres!!!!! A third gold medal for these 'Isles of Wonder'. 6 gold medals today. Everyone here is dancing for joy. It's such a wonderful night to be British. And it's a wonderful night for diversity. What an amazing country I live in. Is Morrissey sitting in Heathrow airport ready to board a flight to somewhere, anywhere? Anywhere that takes him away from tonight's historic events. Absolutely zero mention of the Royal Family. A historic day not seen for a 100 years. A Briton with red hair, a mixed race female and a black immigrant. 'Today's lesson. We are all part of a minority'. And together, we are stronger.

The evening news on BBC is a riot of joyful celebration. Still absolutely no mention of the Royal Family, though I'm sure Queen Elizabeth is tipsy on gin and joy.

regards

NB: Sharon, can you print off some A3 photos of young Greg Rutherford? I feel a 'special celebration' is in order tonight. Please prepare yourself and prepare my TeamGB athletics strip. It's going to be a long night. :eek:

look, I do not consider myself one of the Moz haters here :straightface: but reading shit like this(by him) does not make it easy :o
as I read his latest unnecessarily long statement, where he could have kept himself to mentioning touring, the "new, new" drummer and PETA :thumb:
instead I got more about "the Royals" :rolleyes: and as I read such it only further confirmed what I have long suspected :eek:
at this point he simply hates them because he would rather be one of them :sick:
which is a the greatest shame of all :tears:
however, I luckily still have his music to listen to :guitar:
which has increasingly come the only redeeming feature to him...

A note for Posterity from 'BrummieBoy' Part 1.

The first part is fine. The skinny: Morrissey's touring business discovers new overseas markets before returning to established cash-cows in North America. Then the car-crash:

Please can a respected cult member pass a dictionary and thesaurus to Morrissey next time they are on the front row? Wikipedia tells us 'Jingoism is extreme patriotism in the form of aggressive foreign policy.' That's also my understanding of the word. A bit of a stretch to reconfigure the Olympics as such. In fact, just nonsense.Wikipedia again. 'Patriotism is a devotion to one's country, excluding differences caused by the dependencies of the term's meaning upon context, geography and philosophy. In a generalized sense applicable to all countries and peoples, patriotism is a devotion to one's country.'I reference Wikipedia as I assume Morrissey has access to it when he 'composes' these bizarre thoughts whilst living an itinerant lifestyle without access to a settled library.

I thought Morrissey's 'patriotism' was one of his main USPs? Didn't he sue the NME because they attempted to twist his legitimate concerns about uncontrolled immigration into a meme that he was a propagator of racism 'foul with patriotism'? But it gets so much worse....It is hardly news that the Royals, the hereditary Aristocracy, the Rich and the Corporate Hospitality 'prawn cocktail' rabble dominate the Olympics. They dominate everything else in a scarcity model market economy, whilst their empty unused seats mean the Common People stay at home and watch the BBC. The BBC coverage very clearly references the Royal Family when they are actually competing in events and the general daily news covers their movements in no more or less detail than they usually do. Which is, not very much at all really. He needs to stop having The Daily Express delivered with his hotel breakfast. If it's 'lethal to witness', switch to another channel. This isn't North Korea and no-one is forced to watch the Olympics or cheer the Royal Family. It's a choice, but in Morrissey's world it's 'false consciousness', though he probably wouldn't know what that actually means. He references 'England' when it's Team GB/UK. He isn't cheering on the sexy red-hair Celts in these Isles of Wonder, it would seem.

'Europe's royal families flocked to the Olympics day 7 events on Friday, both because it makes for a fun day outing and because, we're guessing, it's easier to get tickets to events when you have an endless number of connections and live in various palaces.'

http://huff.to/Oy767a

London has always been a 'super-wealth brand' and its' increasingly international flavour makes it a separate city-state like Singapore. The thoughtful reader will note that Morrissey now lives in Switzerland which is perhaps the biggest and best of the 'wealth-brands' for the international elite. The analysis of 'England outside London' contradicts the previous confusions about London. Many low income people are definitely being 'nudged' out of London to poorer regions of the country, that is true. However, there are pockets of extraordinary wealth all across GB, drive a dozen miles outside any major city and you'll find such places. I live in one of them. Places like Cheshire, for instance. 'The Surrey of the North'. Morrissey appears to live there when he is not slumming it in Switzerland. I haven't checked Freeview, but I don't think there is a 24 hour channel on The British Royal Family. There's some tacky shopping channels, and a Royal Channel might well be popular. Again, there is no compulsion to follow the Royal Family on any media and the suggestion that there is some hegemonic control of the media is ridiculous. As it is the Queen's Jubilee it is not surpising that there is rather more coverage than usual but it's easily avoided, as is the Olympics.

'In 2012, the British public is evidently assumed to be undersized pigmies, scarcely able to formulate thought.'

I have no intention of even trying to parse this insanely obtuse statement. However, it does not bode well for any autobiography as it has clearly not been shared with any semi-literate friend or employee. If it had been their roars of laughter would surely have sent Morrissey back to the keyboard. Having crashed the car into a brick wall, Morrissey then crawls from the wreckage as it explodes in a linguistic fireball. Morrissey's support for an anarchist uprising in Greece is unsurprising as he won't be living there with the consequences. Let's see if Morrissey returns to perform in Greece when the new Drachma means that the gross ticket revenue from a show in post-Euro Athens is reduced by 2/3rds.He then appears to suggest that there could, should or, indeed, simply must be an anarchist uprising in the UK to prevent honours being bestowed on a football and fashion icon, his ex-pop star fashion designer wife, and a celebrity chef. WTF?!

It's very challenging even attempting to 'unpack' the final explosive non-sentences as they appear to represent an assault on consensual reality. When he hallucinates that 'the spirit of 1939 Germany now pervades throughout media-brand Britain' it's rather difficult know to proceed with this analysis. Whatever Morrissey feels happened in '1939 Germany' that is now being replicated in 'media-brand Britain' is not specified. I have again consulted Wikipedia and I await the wise minds on this forum who will no doubt guide me to the relevant page for analysis and understanding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1939_in_Germany

If Morrissey's misunderstanding of 'jingoism' is connected with this seemingly bizarre speculation that Britain is about to invade Poland or anywhere else as part of the emergence of a British Nazi regime, then that is not even insulting to the people of these 'Isles of Wonder': it is an insult to every penny of public money that was clearly wasted on Morrissey's tax-payer funded education. It is really rather clear that Morrissey did not ask his mother to bring him home any history books from her library workplace. Morrissey has had 35 years in which to remedy the defects of his education and has either chosen not to or simply cannot be self-educated. He might usefully sign up to an Open University course in 'critical thinking' or hire a tutor to travel with him and bring him up to a basic level so that he can comment on public issues without inviting ridicule. I came from equally challenging working class circumstances in Birmingham. My father drove a bus. I have taken responsibility to educate myself not only in a conventional sense but in a deeper enquiry into the human condition. I've done this whilst juggling all manner of personal and professional challenges, easily equal to Morrissey's teenage and adult dramas.

In fact, it is Morrissey and his 'cult folowers' who need to 'WAKE UP' and smell the coffee.

Given this barrage of absolute nonsense, one can only hope that the proofs to Morrisseys' proposed auto-hagiography are destroyed by fire, earthquake or flood. It would be simply unbearable to wade through more than a page of this meretricous drivel and exposure to a volume of this 'writing' could irreparably damage impressionable minds. I am dictating this to my secretary, Sharon, as 'the BrumieBoy project team' chillax and watch the Olympic coverage on BBC television. It has taken me some time to actually accept that Morrissey has willingly 'released' this statement and it is not some unfortunate leak. Whilst recovering from this assault upon shared reality, there has not been one single reference to the British Royal Family or extraneous celebrity detritus. Michael Phelps has just climaxed his world-historic Olympic career in a thrilling race. If Morrissey chooses to absent his eyes and mind from such wonderful spectacles for fear of encountering 'The Royals' then this has become an irrational phobia for which psychological counselling may be appropriate.

Greg Rutherford, with his gorgeous body and erotically charged red hair has just jumped 8:31. Will this be the greatest night ever for British athletics? We have moved from the 'public school' events of rowing, horse-riding and the like, to the people's events. Those events that do not need inherited wealth to participate in. Morrissey was a track star, jogs still perhaps, yet missed a great opportunity to advocate for PETA during the Olympics:

http://blog.peta.org.uk/2012/07/peta’s-vegetarian-poster-boy-to-carry-olympic-torch/

It could have been you, Morrissey. It could have been you.

Jessica Ennis is Olympic Champion!
Greg Rutherford. Olympic Gold Medal!
2 golds in 20 minutes.
Has Morrissey really missed this amazing moment in British athletic history?

Mohammed Farah has just won the 10,000 metres!!!!! A third gold medal for these 'Isles of Wonder'. 6 gold medals today. Everyone here is dancing for joy. It's such a wonderful night to be British. And it's a wonderful night for diversity. What an amazing country I live in. Is Morrissey sitting in Heathrow airport ready to board a flight to somewhere, anywhere? Anywhere that takes him away from tonight's historic events. Absolutely zero mention of the Royal Family. A historic day not seen for a 100 years. A Briton with red hair, a mixed race female and a black immigrant. 'Today's lesson. We are all part of a minority'. And together, we are stronger.

The evening news on BBC is a riot of joyful celebration. Still absolutely no mention of the Royal Family, though I'm sure Queen Elizabeth is tipsy on gin and joy.

regards

NB: Sharon, can you print off some A3 photos of young Greg Rutherford? I feel a 'special celebration' is in order tonight. Please prepare yourself and prepare my TeamGB athletics strip. It's going to be a long night. :eek:

I agree with 'anonymous'. Another post from an insipid personality.

Dummies

Lets face it. Ken and Barbie are the face of the UK whether we like it or not.
What do Ken and Barbie do? wear nice clothes, have a permanent smile and wave. This is hardy worthy of respect or gratitude.

Re: Morrissey Statement - TTY

I thought Moz might have had a fledgling interest in the Olympics given his talent for athletics in school, although I guess he did imply that he would be watching were it not for the presence of the Royals in every other shot.

After nearly 30 years of royals bashing he just hasn't let up about it. He doesn't feel they represent his britain. George bush didn't represent my america and I beat that horse too. Only difference is that elizabeth is still there much to morriessy's chagrin. Why stop? Not his britain with them being so openly celebrated is it.

Morrissey is my all time favourite singer and was only listening to Bona Drag yesterday but I sometimes think these comments are just made for sake of controversy - bet your bottom dollar it will be in media over the next few days

Well, that's the point. Can't make change if you keep quiet. I know the Royals aren't going anywhere - and I don't really have an opinion of them - but I know it is something that bothers Morrissey very much. If he feels the need to talk about it then he should. It's his right. If you love someone you listen and support them. No matter how often they speak of the issue. It's fine to have your own opinion as well, but it's just as important to accept his. It was nice that he even took the time to write a note to express his gratitude and thoughts to us. I always look forward to his statements. Some of you people are just so bitter.

On different note - The new drummer looks like he'll fit in great. For some reason he reminds me of Alain.

Well, that's the point. Can't make change if you keep quiet. I know the Royals aren't going anywhere - and I don't really have an opinion of them - but I know it is something that bothers Morrissey very much. If he feels the need to talk about it then he should. It's his right. If you love someone you listen and support them. No matter how often they speak of the issue. It's fine to have your own opinion as well, but it's just as important to accept his. It was nice that he even took the time to write a note to express his gratitude and thoughts to us. I always look forward to his statements. Some of you people are just so bitter.

On different note - The new drummer looks like he'll fit in great. For some reason he reminds me of Alain.

His little rants, as some might say, certainly invite discussion. The topic of the pervasive royal presence and the acceptance of their position in society by many UKers reminds me of a more dangerous phenomenon in America where poor, in debt, working class Americans think that they are middle class and side with Conservative money whores so as to align themselves with the delusion that they are middle class when at the end of the day, the Conservatives are quietly creating a huge class gap and stealing from these poor middle class people, the very people who support the conservatives, give them their vote, pay for their campaigns, etc.. I hate politics and trying to ennunciate my thoughts on the topic, but the hatred of the royals as an entity reminds me of this lurking phenomenon in America where eventually we'll have a shit-ton of poor people in debt and smattering of uber-rich telling us all how middle class we are.

And still nothing on the horizon for Australia/NZ, I suppose he'll be announcing his tour of Uganda and the time traveling to super-continent Pangaea soon or something though.

It'll be North Korea. At least we are not nations of undersized pygmies. I wonder if the undersized pygmies are concerned with this outburst. It's very unkind towards undersized pygmies. I hope they will boycott buying Morrissey albums until he issues an apology.

All isn't lost Morrissey. Fiji this week abolished the Queen's Birthday public holiday. Oh and I really did think that Zara Philips rode very well to help win her team a silver medal.

There are bigger evils and unjustices in the world than the royals.

the comparison to Germany in 1939 is clearly insane

say what you will about any given member of the royal family, moz..at least none of them were in the bravery. oof.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom