Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.net

Re: Morrissey Statement - TTY

Do they take a lot of your money? Don't they have their own old money? I'm clueless about the royals. Are your taxes paying for their polo tourneys and palace water bill?

About 65 pence per person per year of tax money going to the royal family.

Do they take a lot of your money? Don't they have their own old money? I'm clueless about the royals. Are your taxes paying for their polo tourneys and palace water bill?

I think the problem is not only about how much they cost the public but more about class and the haves and have-nots.

Here it is announced that the Queen's estate has risen above £400million while 4 million children in the UK are living in poverty. One of the highest rates in the industrial world. It's obscene.

Kinda bored with the constant Royal bashing now Moz. Not because I like them, but because it seems to be all you ever go on about. How about moaning about something else for a change?

Agreed 100%.

I've never known anyone in my whole life as obsessed with the Royals as Morrissey. He sees their presence everywhere, in everything; he practically thrives on hating them. The ordinary person in the street doesn't give them a second glance, a second thought. They're just there, pointlessly and embarrassingly, but they aren't going to disappear any time soon and who's got the time to loathe them with the energy that Moz does? The papers here mock the Royals more than they ever "glorify" them; the Duke of Edinburgh for his racism, Harry for his absolute apathy, William for his balding, Charles because he talks to plants, Camilla because she isn't Diana and on and on and on. The Royal Family are a shambles which occasionally provides moments of comedy gold.

I think you're missing the point....

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

I agree with this. The commentary has been nauseating to the point where I find it hard to watch with the volume on.

Too true. Almost every shot and/or news report is now accompanied by a Royal braying or applauding.

And in more Olympics news, today we learn that the private guest of Boris The Buffoon (Mayor of London) is none other than the odious Rupert Murdoch who has been caught on camera cosying up with DCMS Secretary Jeremy Hunt who, only a few months ago, denied under oath any close personal relationship or private channels of influence...

Plus ca change...

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

Kinda bored with the constant Royal bashing now Moz. Not because I like them, but because it seems to be all you ever go on about. How about moaning about something else for a change?

- gives you something else to attack him for, surely?

Nice to see moz enjoyed the Edinburgh gig as much as we all did

As for the olympics, I'm actually incredibly proud of being British at this point, the whole event has been incredible (I was getting a bit carried away watching the rowing earlier on today ...yeah that's right, the rowing !!! I'm from a small village in Scotland , it's not like rowing was ever part of my life, but there I was shouting at the tv wanting them to go faster, & I was genuinely gutted for the 2 guys who got pipped by the Danish guys at the end...the cycling tonight when the 3 girls won was incredible as well.

Its easy to be cynical , but I'm glad the majority of the country is getting behind the Olympics & and to this point it's been a brilliant success for Great Britain.

What.. No mention of thd line crashing in Edinburgh?

I agree with his comments about the Royals at the games. I'm sick of seeing their inane grins all the time from their priviledged seats. However, I am enjoying the games a lot and I didnt think I would. I have even shed the odd tear. But......... todays medal ceremony for the cox less fours showed that maybe this title does not apply to the American team who got bronze....... second from the left........:horny::horny: I think I may take up rowing :lbf:

Attachments

• Azc4MnDCIAAwk9m.jpg
    Azc4MnDCIAAwk9m.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 8

This is a bit tedious about the Olympics It's team GB and not England
Yes the Royals seem to be all over it - well at least William Kate and Harry = but as pubrockcoma alludes to I'm also feeling proud to be British at the minute If the country can't be supportive during an event like this then when can it?
Yes there are economic problems all over the UK and I live in one of those areas but the general public are completely supporting the games
Morrissey is my all time favourite singer and was only listening to Bona Drag yesterday but I sometimes think these comments are just made for sake of controversy - bet your bottom dollar it will be in media over the next few days

Last edited:

About 65 pence per person per year of tax money going to the royal family.

Wrong, it'd more than that, that old stat is based on every person in the country when every person in the country obviously isn't paying taxes

They take millions upon millions away from us every year and we're expected to love them and treat them as our superiors

Yet people say Morrissey should just forget about them like "the ordinary man on the street" No, the ordinary man on the street should open his eyes

Yes the Royals seem to be all over it - well at least William Kate and Harry = but as pubrockcoma alludes to I'm also feeling proud to be British at the minute If the country can't be supportive during an event like this then when can it?
Yes there are economic problems all over the UK and I live in one of those areas but the general public are completely supporting the games
Morrissey is my all time favourite singer and was only listening to Bona Drag yesterday but I sometimes think these comments are just made for sake of controversy - bet your bottom dollar it will be in media over the next few days

childish comments from a silly man who doesn't know when its time to shut up and go away interesting drug indeed a song he never plays because he has zero balls prefering to carry on regardless creating publicity by saying stupid things what a sad f***ing man do shut up

Just won 2 more golds I am cheering here even if Moz isn't Just need Mo Farah to do the business now

Agreed 100%.

I've never known anyone in my whole life as obsessed with the Royals as Morrissey. He sees their presence everywhere, in everything; he practically thrives on hating them. The ordinary person in the street doesn't give them a second glance, a second thought. They're just there, pointlessly and embarrassingly, but they aren't going to disappear any time soon and who's got the time to loathe them with the energy that Moz does? The papers here mock the Royals more than they ever "glorify" them; the Duke of Edinburgh for his racism, Harry for his absolute apathy, William for his balding, Charles because he talks to plants, Camilla because she isn't Diana and on and on and on. The Royal Family are a shambles which occasionally provides moments of comedy gold.

I don't think Morrissey is obsessed with the Royals at all.

Not at all.

He is obsessed with what they represent.

Their presence is everywhere here in "broken" Britain (and who broke it we are entitled to ask).

On our money.

On our walls.

On our television screens.

Everywhere.

The fact that the "ordinary" person on the street doesn't spare them a thought is meaningless. The "ordinary" man on the street reads The Scum, The Daily Mail or some other red top. The "ordinary" person watches ITV2, Geordie Shore, TOWIE and Made in Chelsea. The "ordinary" man knows no better, fears no worse.

The Royals won't disappear anytime soon because people (maybe people like you, I don't know) believe that to be the case.

Everything they embody, everything they stand for, everything that they poison will be here for as long as people convince themselves that they are just "there".

Your suggestion that the papers mock the Royals is ridiculous...in this year of all years.

Not a single column inch has been turned over to discussing the impact of the spend, from the public purse, on "her" Jubilee celebrations...on schools, on hospitals, on houses, on public services.

"Her" husbands casual racism is a source of polite laughter...a joke without a punchline instead of cause for genuine outrage and debate on the all to real horror of racism in British society. Harry as apathetic "lad" is a wonderful idea but the truth is something much more awful...Nazi uniforms (it was just a joke we must remember), the cost of his existence at the expense of others. Other than in the pages of "Heat" where is there debate on the other brothers loss of hair? What ISN'T being discussed while our focus is on that?

I don't see "their" existence as a source of comedy gold.

I see it as a source of national shame.

At a time when the old, the disabled, the poor and the sick are falling victim to the most dreadful attacks from the most right wing government we have ever seen in this country I find it disgusting that more people don't see that the "Royal" family are emblematic of everything that must change if things are to get better.

I don't agree with Morrissey on everything...but on this issue he is absolutely correct.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom