Manchester - Manchester Arena (July 28, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

You Have Killed Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / When Last I Spoke To Carol / People Are The Same Everywhere / I Know It's Over / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Black Cloud / Scandinavia / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Action Is My Middle Name / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Speedway / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want // Still Ill

set list provided by SimonM, Because. Order corrected by telegram-sam.

Last edited:
So the meat is murder footage is too over the top in your opinion......why?

Because not everyone there is a morrissey disciple like some are. Everyone knows that morrissey is vegetarian and that's his choice. Many people in the crowd are not and that is their choice. People don't need to be lectured to and can make their own mind up.

Thanks for posting the set-list. Doesn't look that bad at all...

People Are The Same Everywhere
I Know It's Over
To Give (The Reason I Live)
Scandinavia
Black Cloud
Action Is My Middle Name

With the exception of I Know It's Over, none of those songs are much to get excited about. I wish (for what it's worth - nothing) that the set list had evolved a bit over the last year - I last saw him in Hawick and it's about 80% the same. With no new album to perform it should definitely have been shaken up a bit.

Ho Hum - Bring on Edinburgh - I'll be there (20+ Mozzer gigs and counting) and as soon as he takes the stage I'll have forgotten this mini rant!

People Are The Same Everywhere
I Know It's Over
Scandinavia
Black Cloud
Action Is My Middle Name

With the exception of I Know It's Over, none of those songs are much to get excited about. I wish (for what it's worth - nothing) that the set list had evolved a bit over the last year - I last saw him in Hawick and it's about 80% the same. With no new album to perform it should definitely have been shaken up a bit.

Ho Hum - Bring on Edinburgh - I'll be there (20+ Mozzer gigs and counting) and as soon as he takes the stage I'll have forgotten this mini rant!

I'll have to agree. I enjoyed it but it did fall a little flat there. Still, nothing that couldn't be recovered!

Great gig, much love in the audience and as a seasoned Moz concer goer I rank this with the best. Good set list, maybe sagged a bit in the middle, but otherwise great. Moz was in fantastic spirits and seemed very awed during Please, Please Please

at the front tonight, got to say absolute rubbish, seen better gigs in my local pub. got tickets for edinburgh too, not sure if theres any point goin, im a music fan, im not interested into overweight guitarists dressed as women, im not interested in anti royalist comments, or "i wasnt asked to play at the olympics", the crowd was flat, the setlist was flat, yet im surounded by brainwashed moz fans cheering his every move, honestly when it come to tearing his shirt off in let me kiss you, i was gonna throw my shirt at him. seen him at plymouth, leeds & stoke last year and decent enough gigs, but they say before people die they have one last spurt of energy, sorry to say the end is here, think thats the last time moz wil play manchester and the talk of retiring in 2 years, i think he should stop now. thanks for years of great music, but now its over, RIP morrissey.

Without doubt the worst Morrissey concert i've ever seen....I missed the start as it started too early,so thank you for that Morrissey.

That set list was just appalling,what is he doing? it was horrible,i wanted to dance and enjoy it but it was the same old rubbish and it was rubbish...

It was flat all around me,the crowd were up for it but it was a complete let down,Speedway was destroyed the band were awful(again),it was depressing...thousands turned out and were subject to that,i was shouting for a better set list but it just got worse and worse...to cap it all i'm off to Edinburgh,the only saving grace is that i never paid for parking..

I'm just angry,i look forward to this but i should have learnt my lesson from the last couple of years,it could have been great but it was the opposite..Why,Why,Why .? all the beautiful songs he has and he plays,Carol and Scandinavia and Black cloud...If he can't be bothered than why should i?

Incredible gig. You sound like you have broader issues.

She did look very upset, and mentioned the woman on one occasion, because it was clearly bothering her. It was an endless barrage of loud and offensive comments. Then she got in an argument with someone else. The security guards eventually had a word with her. We all wanted to see Moz, and went there to see him. There are ways of getting that across though. Also, I think some guy threatened to punch a guy near me in the face if he didn't let him move in front of him. It was all going on!

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on that. You get that stuff at every gig and most of those around me were friendly, even when we did get buffeted about and half trampled each other to death :). It was a great crowd dynamic for a fair part of the gig. I've only seen Morrissey live a couple of times but there's a passion to the crowd. Sometimes it spills over, but for the most part people get really into it and it's wonderful to hear those songs and be there in that moment. I can understand how those who have seen tonnes of Morrissey gigs might have a different take on it though.

All i can say is "Damn!!" I've seen Morrissey twice and loved every minute--short as they were. I usually avoid the opening act as most times they don't interest me and KY is one that doesn't interest me. I too like a vibrant crowd dynamic and it can be distressing when it gets out of hand (i'm a whimp so i'll be the first to back out and run :) ) but the 'getting out of hand' always adds flavor to a concert and i'll just stand back and people watch. KY should be used to the barrage of loud and offensive comments as it seems that not many really want her there. Sorry i could not attend the concert and thanks for the reply Gareth.

Without doubt the worst Morrissey concert i've ever seen....I missed the start as it started too early,so thank you for that Morrissey.

That set list was just appalling,what is he doing? it was horrible,i wanted to dance and enjoy it but it was the same old rubbish and it was rubbish...

It was flat all around me,the crowd were up for it but it was a complete let down,Speedway was destroyed the band were awful(again),it was depressing...thousands turned out and were subject to that,i was shouting for a better set list but it just got worse and worse...to cap it all i'm off to Edinburgh,the only saving grace is that i never paid for parking..

I'm just angry,i look forward to this but i should have learnt my lesson from the last couple of years,it could have been great but it was the opposite..Why,Why,Why .? all the beautiful songs he has and he plays,Carol and Scandinavia and Black cloud...If he can't be bothered than why should i?

Tosser!

I thought it was a decent evening really. The atmosphere dipped in the middle with a couple of duff tracks, but generally well worth the money.

One major negative for me though was the treatment dished out toward Kristeen Young. The abuse thrown in her direction made me feel a little uncomfortable; one lady behind me loudly shouted "pretentious t**t" on three separate occasions, there was a feller on my left constantly flicking the V's at her and the chanting of "Morrissey, Morissey..." between tracks also seemed pretty unecessary. Have I missed something here? Why does she have a hate following? I can't say that I'm a massive fan of her music, but there was some real cruelty on display from certain members of the crowd. I actually felt quite sorry for her.

Incidentally, I still can't fathom why anyone would want to warm up at a Morrissey gig. Their efforts are often rewarded with little enthusiasm and vicious heckling.

First post so, Hello..:)

SETLIST:

You Have Killed Me
Everyday Is Like Sunday
You're The One For Me, Fatty
How Soon Is Now?
(The Smiths song)
Speedway
I Know It's Over
(The Smiths song)
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
(The Smiths song)
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
(The Smiths song)
Let Me Kiss You
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
(Frankie Valli cover)
Meat Is Murder
(The Smiths song)
Maladjusted
Scandinavia
Action Is My Middle Name
When Last I Spoke To Carol
Black Cloud
Encore:
Still Ill

He also played:
Ouiji Board
In Far Off Places
People are the same everywhere

Awesome. Loved it. I cried three times. I loved the remark, there is no place like Hulme at the beginning. And I wasn't asked to the opening ceromonies of the olympics because my smile was thought to be too sincere. True Morrissey form. Just what you're looking for. The set list, I thought, was fantastic. Lots of my favorites. Still Ill, Last night I dreamt, I know it's Over, Speedway, Maladjusted just to name a few. The only criticism I have is the drummer was definitely not up to standards. I could sure tell it wasn't Matt behind the kit. He hasn't been there long, so learning curve, I guess. Overall fantastic night. Viva Moz! Thanks again for making me smile widely.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom