Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Article: Manchester - Manchester Arena (July 28, 2012) post-show

Default Re: Article: Manchester - Manchester Arena (July 28, 2012) post-show

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    For those who do not like the animal slaughter footage and do not like being preached at about the Royals and the Olympics bear in mind the saying:

'I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it'
    Voltaire

Last edited by MIDNITE; August 22, 2012 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITE View Post
    Sorry you found the meat is murder film footage upsetting.
    But I think morrissey was RIGHT to show it, its part of morrissey and who he is and he kindly highlighted some of the absoulty terribly cruel ways in which animals are treated!
    Its absoulty disgusting the way farm animals are treated, and i dont think people actually realise how these beatuifull beings rights to live a life free from suffering is violated.
    In fact some of the treatment farm animals endure if you treated domesticated animal "pets" in the same way you would be arrested and prosecuted for cruelty! and rightly so!
    For some insane reason farmers seem immune from prosecution when they cause absoulty terrible cruelty to farm animals!

Debeaking hens at birth casuing severe pain, keeping them in virtual darkness and in such cramped conditions that there poor legs snap and cripple and so are unable to stand and so ly in there own acid urine causing aginising burns and pain thru out there sad lives.
    Forcing cows to be kept pregnant all there lives so that they produce un-natural amounts of milk causing weakness and unwellness in the cow, and routienly injecting anti biotics into them when they dont even have an infections, that is just pure ignorance and selfishness! , the list of unimaginable cruelty to farm animals is just sickning! It is!!!!!!!!!!!

And as for blood sports? I cant tell you how horrified I am about these bull runs in spain ect were they tease, torment, much to the happy cheers and laughter from the crowds, the beatutifull gental creatures, and then fianally slaughter the poor animals to death that leave the roads awash in the poor animals blood!
    Absoulty sickning!

Thank you to morrissey for kindly hightlighting these animal rights issues!!!!

Well said! The Meat Is Murder footage is sad and I cannot watch it. It makes me cry like a baby. But it is reality and people need to be made aware of it. If people don't like it, they should stop eating meat and dairy!
    Last edited by Dead Girl; August 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Made a mistake, obviously.

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Does anyone who was there on Saturday night know what the first song was on the screen after Kristeen Young had finished and left the stage?

It looked very 60's and was a band with a female singer, looked like they were walking through a park and the lady in question
    had a fur neck coat on!

Can't remember many other details but really like the song.

Any ideas? Please!
    I think the band you' re referring to is Shocking Blue and the song is called, 'Mighty Joe'

Anonymous

I think the band you' re referring to is Shocking Blue and the song is called, 'Mighty Joe'
    BINGO!

Thanks, much appreciated.

Talking Re: Article: Manchester - Manchester Arena (July 28, 2012) post-show

Quote Originally Posted by ksenalex View Post
    It was amazing.. (I was close to the drunk woman as well that sucked..) anyway "last night I dreamt" and "I know it's over" totally destroyed me.. Just brilliant! He played a lot of songs. Maybe its because Im tired but I think he played more than usual..
    I was there too ksenalex !
    I live the life i feel the pain to sing the song to tell the tale!

Anonymous

I saw a film crew running around interviewing people before the show. Does anyone know who they were?

Anonymous

A lot of people, many already veggies, don't like the footage played during Meat is Murder. It's basically like showing mass murder on film, with torture thrown in. I've been meat free for twenty odd years, and I really do not want to be subjected to this. It's distressing and upsetting. In the context of a happy and celebratory event, it really shouldn't be shown.

Default Re: film crew

I saw a film crew running around interviewing people before the show. Does anyone know who they were?
    It might be something to do with this

Quote Originally Posted by Kewpie View Post
    It might be something to do with this
    No ! They were a crew from the BBC channel ! They were following the Morrissey Tour Bus in that morning and they´ve interviewed some moz fans for the documentary they are making to be broadcasted in a few months.
    I live the life i feel the pain to sing the song to tell the tale!

Quote Originally Posted by southpawlord View Post
    No ! They were a crew from the BBC channel ! They were following the Morrissey Tour Bus in that morning and they´ve interviewed some moz fans for the documentary they are making to be broadcasted in a few months.
    Have you actually read the title?
    James Postlewaite is making a documentary commissioned by BBC Nottingham.

Anonymous

Have you actually read the title?
    James Postlewaite is making a documentary commissioned by BBC Nottingham.
    Mr Dear Kewpie
    Firstly you provide a link and suggest ''it might be this''

Then when someone gives a correct answer to what the filming was about, you simply dismiss that individual in your usual manner.....
    I suggest you read this link and then maybe eat a bit of humble pie and admit you got it wrong and apologise for being rude. But I wont hold my breath.

JJ
    http://louderthanwar.com/on-buses-morrissey/

Mr Dear Kewpie
    Firstly you provide a link and suggest ''it might be this''

Then when someone gives a correct answer to what the filming was about, you simply dismiss that individual in your usual manner.
    I suggest you read this link and then maybe eat a bit of humble pie and admit you got it wrong and apologise for being rude. But I wont hold my breath.

JJ
    http://louderthanwar.com/on-buses-morrissey/
    I stand corrected, thank you very much for letting me know about it.

Anonymous

I stand corrected, thank you very much for letting me know about it.
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now there is a first! There is hope for this site yet!

Love and kisses
    JJ X

Anonymous

Cool Re: Article: Manchester - Manchester Arena (July 28, 2012) post-show

Don't suppose you know the name of the track that had a gent wearing a leather jacket and trousers with a gold chain on the outside of said jacket? Coolest guy who ever lived

Don't suppose you know the name of the track that had a gent wearing a leather jacket and trousers with a gold chain on the outside of said jacket? Coolest guy who ever lived

Anonymous

Truly truly disappointed. bad set, bad sound. no atmosphere. complete waste of money
    cvouldnt agree more absolute shite and if youd have heard the screeching out of ky youd have bin alongside thedrunken woman ive had migraine for 2 weeks

Blog Entries

Finally Morrissey has dropped First The Gang...finally!!!

The Manchester gig was everything I expected. I hate the venue. Still a decent set but I can;t believe Morrissey thought it was a highlight. Edinburgh was much better.
    "You have killed me Jose' but my heart is free"

Anonymous

Does anybody know the audio bit played before the concert with a Scouse accent talking about Hillsborough, Thatcher, etc. ??