Manchester - Manchester Arena (July 28, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

You Have Killed Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / When Last I Spoke To Carol / People Are The Same Everywhere / I Know It's Over / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Black Cloud / Scandinavia / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Action Is My Middle Name / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Speedway / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want // Still Ill

set list provided by SimonM, Because. Order corrected by telegram-sam.

Last edited:
Black Cloud as the set closer? I hope there is some new blood in the set list before the next leg in the fall. Time to curate some other songs that languishing in his archives and put some of these others away. This set list would seem to suffer from a (pardon the phrase) saggy back end - too many "slowies" all in a row.

I know Morrissey feels passionate about Meat is Murder and exposing the audience to the PETA PSA footage - but, as a long-time fan and repeat concertgoer, it's hard to not think: "He could have fit two other great songs in that space." It's his prerogative, of course, but at what price? It's a bit shocking to read of hearing people heading for the exits early at a Morrissey show, period - let alone in Manchester!

Really? i wasn't shocked at all,in fact i was just surprised that more people never left early...it really was that bad.

You can't fool all the people,he has a back catalogue to die for and i would have died for Interesting drug or I'd love to but all we got served was the left overs from someone else's party...

I must take blame for part of the 'bad setlist' shown to those who didn't go, I've been editing it on setlist.fm tonight, really looking to see if there were any surprises in the set - being Manchester n'all. I've only gone by what fans have said on Twitter, so I don't have the correct order.

I think I have all the songs now, just a lack of order. If anyone could help that'd be brilliant. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves tonight, despite the early start/number of lesser-known songs etc.

Morrissey referred to Boz in his band intro with a womans name. . . A bet prehaps?

Nice for Morrissey to play a local gig, he's been seen quite a lot around altrincham recently, so he can just jump on a tram home from Victoria.

I must take blame for part of the 'bad setlist' shown to those who didn't go, I've been editing it on setlist.fm tonight, really looking to see if there were any surprises in the set - being Manchester n'all. I've only gone by what fans have said on Twitter, so I don't have the correct order.

I think I have all the songs now, just a lack of order. If anyone could help that'd be brilliant. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves tonight, despite the early start/number of lesser-known songs etc.

I've got a decentish memory, I'll see what I can do with it ;) Good on you anyway!

I've got a decentish memory, I'll see what I can do with it ;) Good on you anyway!

Cheers! Didn't want people slating him for closing with When Last I Spoke To Carol or something ridiculous because I hadn't put it in the right order :lbf:

Fantastic, brilliant, wonderful night! :D

He was in good spirits and excellent voice and the crowd were great (no worries about lack of tickets, looked filled to the rafters!). Set sagged a bit in the middle with a few news songs and To Give but the rest was fab - Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want was divine! And, of course, there were a few asides about the Olympics/Jubilee which were warmly welcomed ;) Thank you Morrissey!

Really really disappointed ,Manchester deserves much more . An early start so missed 20 mins and an Encore of Still Ill was just not enough considering the back catalogue.

Took my son after years of listening to Morrissey and he was gutted.

Gave me the biggest smile when he came on singing patti smiths horses.

I would love a tour of his greatest and biggest hits like everyone, but he wants a record deal, so he needs to play his new songs with them. We all wish it was '92 again, but we'll have to suffice watching the videos of those days, and I'm more than happy going to his gigs hearing whatever he plays.

Cheers! Didn't want people slating him for closing with When Last I Spoke To Carol or something ridiculous because I hadn't put it in the right order :lbf:

Haha, as if anyone here would lash out in such a way... Added Ouija Board & Far-off Places and switched them around a bit, looks OK now

You Have Killed Me
Everyday Is Like Sunday
You're The One For Me, Fatty
How Soon Is Now?
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Maladjusted
When Last I Spoke To Carol
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
People Are The Same Everywhere
I Know It's Over
To Give (The Reason I Live)
Scandinavia
Black Cloud
Action Is My Middle Name
I Will See You In Far-Off Places
Meat Is Murder
Let Me Kiss You
Speedway
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

Still Ill

Self indulgent set list and too short, i feel cheated of 50 quid!

Thought it was average to be honest. The start was good but the middle was too flat and too long. By the time speedway came on, people were leaving.

The setlist was lacklustre in my opinion. 16000 people are not all huge morrissey fans and Scandinavia,action is my middle name, to give is the reason I live together with too many songs from the last album equalled an average night. I have been to 15 or so concerts and this was up there with the worst.

What was with the 8.35 start? Unheard of and caught hundreds out.

The meat is murder footage is also too over the top in my opinion.

So the meat is murder footage is too over the top in your opinion......why?

Oh, and at the end he dedicated the show in memory of someone (couldn't catch name)

John McBeath, a longtime promoter from Manchester who worked for SJM and passed away earlier this year. Very classy of Moz to dedicate the show to his memory.

I had a great time, though I was positioned near the front, not too far from some drunk woman (i'm sure she's nice enough when she hasn't had the whole bottle) who nearly had Kristeen Young in tears. The crowd seemed split on whether that was a good thing. Also there was a handsome/shy looking blonde guy near the front row, who I almost spoke to as we filed out, but didn't. For some reason that bugged me. I should interact more. Awkward me.

As for the man himself I personally thought he was on top form, in excellent voice, quite chatty and happy to be home. It did become a bit subdued half way through, but picked up again at the end. He could've mixed the playlist up a bit more, but from past playlists, you know what to expect really. I think Moz sensed during a song or two that the crowd had faded away somewhat, but that wasn't the case for long and all in all I thought it was a night to remember.

Skipped the aftershow stuff, though would've probably gone if I hadn't go to the concert on my own.

why was KY in tears? Being heckled? It's nice to know Morrissey was in good form, the pix posted so far are great and much appreciation to the posters of those!

Haha, as if anyone here would lash out in such a way... Added Ouija Board & Far-off Places and switched them around a bit, looks OK now

You Have Killed Me
Everyday Is Like Sunday
You're The One For Me, Fatty
How Soon Is Now?
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Maladjusted
When Last I Spoke To Carol
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
People Are The Same Everywhere
I Know It's Over
To Give (The Reason I Live)
Scandinavia
Black Cloud
Action Is My Middle Name
I Will See You In Far-Off Places
Meat Is Murder
Let Me Kiss You
Speedway
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

Still Ill

Thanks for posting the set-list. Doesn't look that bad at all...

Gig was a curate's egg - good in parts.

Blisteringly good first 15 mins then got a little portentous in the middle.

Thought Meat is Murder footage was strong stuff - but also about 30 years out of date. I'm a veggie but I know full well that slaughter house practises have moved on a long long way since when that film was made.

Shame Speedway was poorly performed- please please was the real highlight for me - and Still Ill now sounds like a real golden classic., good to be there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom