Manchester - Manchester Arena (July 28, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

You Have Killed Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / When Last I Spoke To Carol / People Are The Same Everywhere / I Know It's Over / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Black Cloud / Scandinavia / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Action Is My Middle Name / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Speedway / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want // Still Ill

set list provided by SimonM, Because. Order corrected by telegram-sam.

Last edited:
Couldnt agree more on tour. The morrissey can't do wrong brigade will disagree but overall it was flat. 2002 Blackburn seems a very long time ago.

My last Morrissey gig, end of.

Who did Morrissey dedicate the show to towards the end saying something like hope we always be apart?

just got back to new brighton,,,,its always a pleasure of course but i did think given it was manchester and his only gb gig it was rather lacklustre,,,moments of brilliance but rather too much padding and songs that fail to ignite....im left with several questions,,,,what was on the t shirts?...who is john mcbeef?or whoever it was that he said it was dedicated to?,,,,,why on earth was boz boorer dressed like a really bad trannie?good pun though,,,gaynor tension=gain attention.....also who were the 2 playboy types shown in the still on the backdrop?.................i hope morrissey comes to liverpool again ,,and i look forward to new material from a man who when firing on 2 cylinders is still way better than anything else out there,,,x

Odd comments here. Not flat at all, Morrissey very chatty, very happy, very up. Declaring his love for the crowd, pledging never to be further from us, even a stage invader (wearing a 'we hate will and kate' shirt just like the band' managing to traverse the big arena gap. Lots of fun.

I heard someone else complain about the meat is murder footage when leaving, saying it was over the top. The footage is reality though, and expected given he's such an advocate for peta.

He just wouldn't be the morrissey we love if he didn't give his honest opinion. Surely that's one of the main reasons his fans still love him is the fact he probably the only artist that says his mind regardless of the backlash.

I did think some of tonight setlist couldve been better, but to be honest, having driven over 200 miles to see him I came out on a massive high having loved every minute. At times the crowd did seem bored, but I didn't care, was happy to see him live and I enjoy seeing any of his songs slightly differently live. Would stay at home with my headphones in otherwise.

Wish I was the guy he pulled up on stage for a hug. Lucky lucky man.

I hope by the time he starts his U.S. tour & gets to L.A. he will have completely changed the setlist. He's played L.A. & surrounding SoCal area too often in the last few years to play the same stale songs. I hope but won't hold my breath. But I will hold a tomato to throw if it is the same ol same ol.

Before People Are The Same Everywhere who did he say had been sacked?

Before People Are The Same Everywhere who did he say had been sacked?

Really dislike People Are The Same - it sounds like some happy clappy evangelical Christian song... What was going on when he wrote that?

First post so, Hello..:)

SETLIST:

You Have Killed Me
Everyday Is Like Sunday
You're The One For Me, Fatty
How Soon Is Now?
(The Smiths song)
Speedway
I Know It's Over
(The Smiths song)
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
(The Smiths song)
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
(The Smiths song)
Let Me Kiss You
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
To Give (The Reason I Live)
(Frankie Valli cover)
Meat Is Murder
(The Smiths song)
Maladjusted
Scandinavia
Action Is My Middle Name
When Last I Spoke To Carol
Black Cloud
Encore:
Still Ill

For those complaining about the 'Meat is Murder' footage, it's REALITY of how meat comes on your plate, it's not the glorified adverts of the Big Mac and the KFC. There is animal suffering, it's not "over the top" - it would be over the top if it was fiction, but Morrissey is showcasing a reality that no commercial channel would ever document, that people don't seem to understand. The complainers are clearly ignorant.

Well done Morrissey, excellent gig.

Just got back and I thought it was a brilliant gig. I was literally right next to the drunk woman, luckily she shut up when Moz came on. Setlist was nice and varied, would have liked to hear Cemetry Gates, The Queen is Dead and a few others, but you can't get all of 'em in there. Speedway wasn't great, which is a shame because it's one of my favourites, but Still Ill was incredible. And so were Please Please Please and I Know It's Over. He seemed nice and chatty, managed to shake his hand twice which was brilliant, one lad got up on stage and hugged him. Oh and I remember him saying "Wherever you may roam, there's no place like... Hulme", which made me laugh. At one point he passed the mic to the audience and about 4 or 5 people passed it down the front and said something or other. I could have grabbed it too but couldn't think of anything witty to say in time!

Not the best Moz gig I've been to, I think Bradford last year was better, but it was a great spectacle seeing him in front of such a huge crowd, it really was packed. And I can now say I've seen Boz in drag. Is that a good thing? Who knows...

Some nice t shirts, including one of a Manchester United player [probably Best] but with Morrissey's head on..sold out before I had the chance to buy it. Also one of him as a teenager.

Black Cloud as the set closer? I hope there is some new blood in the set list before the next leg in the fall. Time to curate some other songs languishing in his archives and put some of these others away. And this set list would seem to suffer from a (pardon the phrase) saggy back end - too many "slowies" all in a row. This was noticeable in some of the shows last year, too. And he has historically tended to be an impeccable judge of "ebb and flow" of his live shows.

I know Morrissey feels passionate about Meat is Murder and exposing the audience to the PETA PSA footage - but, as a long-time fan and repeat concertgoer, it's hard to not think: "He could have fit two other great songs in that space." It's his prerogative, of course, but at what price? It's a bit shocking to read of hearing people heading for the exits early at a Morrissey show, period - let alone in Manchester!

Apart from the music, the best bit for me was when M. said he hadn't been invited to the Olympic opening ceremony because his smile is too sincere! Cracked me up!

Well, I quite enjoyed myself. He seemed quite chatty and happy, and I like the fact that he sang Still Ill, as that's one of my faves.
Couldn't make out what was on the gang's t shirts though, can someone who was at the front of the mosh pit fill us in?
It was the longest concert he has done actually that I have been to, and I have been to quite a few... They also threw lots of people off guard starting well before 9pm!
Erm, was it Boz dressed in woman's attire? Referred to by Moz as 'Gaynor Tension' ??
Im a happy bunny, even though my ears are shot and me back is fecked...

Much luv to all Mozites...

Harpurhey Harlot x

Me and my bruv where right down the front in the pit, still feeling it now! the t-shirts had pictures of william & kate and said WE HATE WILLIAM & KATE And indeed it was Boz/Gaynor I have to agree with you it was the longest set I have seen moz do and one of his bet. Top atmosphere and lots of people trying to get on stage at the end welcome home morrissey!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom