Grado - Diga Nazario Sauro (July 13, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / Scandinavia / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Let Me Kiss You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Action Is My Middle Name / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Speedway / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Meat Is Murder / Maladjusted / Still Ill / I Will See You In Far Off Places // I Know It's Over

set list provided by aliceasr, scan from robertokop.

Last edited:
perfect night, more or less same set, moz extremely funny, havent seen him talk that much on any date - and: havent seen him that slim for at least six years..

quotes: i talk english but i dream italian - happiness cant buy you money - welcome to crossfire - he is not responsible for the dead men in the alps although he probably will be accused of - etc, really much

also he said that he loses touch with the real world when on tour - and that thats the main reason why he goes on tour

Grado is a little wonderful town by the sea, and the gig was obviously by the sea, in a wonderful scenary. People from north east of Italy and Slovenia. I arrive at 7 pm and i find already 100 people in line: this means I will stay again in a f***ing second row. From outside we can hear the instrumental soundcheck with Please please please let me get what I want, There is a light that never goes out and the first of the gang to die which have never performed in Italian tour. But they will not be played. At 10 pm our hero touch the stage, welcomed with a roar by his fans: we have the Morrissey Ultras, who never miss a gig, that occupy the first rows and sing all the songs. Setlist in a different order again, starting with How soon is now? and ending with I know it's over. Morrissey in great great form after the day of rest. Lot of talking with the crowd who gave him for present records, letters and postcards. At one point he was giving t to me the microphone, When he asks fans to say something. But I missed the occasion, because the shyness of a girl with red hair and beautiful blue eyes who was in front of me has been contagious. I could say that I left my loved one and three kids since one week and that I cancelled all the appointments to follow this man. And that I want to say THANK YOU for the whole italian tour. It wiorthed every single minute.

Soundcheck:
Shoplifters (just a bit)
Fatty
Last of the gang to die
Please please please let me get what i want
There's a light that never goes out
How soon is now ? (part)
Scandinavia (part)

Setlist:
How soon is now?
You have killed me
I'm throwing my arms around Paris
Shoplifters of the world unite
Ouija board, ouija board
Black cloud
Scandinavia
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me
Let me kiss you
Everyday is like sunday
Action is my middle name
To give (the reason I live)
Speedway
One day goodbye will be farewell
You're the one for me Fatty
Meat is murder
Maladjusted
Still ill
I will see you in far off places
I know it's over

Last edited:
Thank you for Aliceasr.

However, you should say that First of the gang to die wasn't played 2012 Italian tour because he played it 2006 Italian gigs.

Valerio Fiandra C'è un segno nell' 'alfabeto' cinese classico, la cui vocalizzazione suona 'er', il cui significato - pressoché intraducibile nelle lingue occidentali, assertive ab initio - assomiglia al nostro "e" congiuntivo, ma nell'accezione di "anche" e "al contrario di". Ecco: paul morissey è 'er'. È un domatore 'er' il leone. Generoso 'er' ritroso. Sfacciato 'er' timido. Appassionato 'er' riluttante. Sprezzante 'er' compassionevole. E potrei continuare. Domani, se sarò ancora abbastanza 'er' anche io, vi racconterò perché ruggire è belare. Per il momento, 2:19 di sabato 14 luglio, vi posso solo dire che La Bastiglia è stata presa, ancora una volta. A Grado, sulla diga Nazario Sauro. Ed è stato ancora lui, Moz Paul Robespierre.

The setting was wonderful, but I found Morrissey extremely tired and without energy. He barely managed to sing the concert through without loosing his voice. Boz and the other musicians were not really giving their souls into the performance, as they weren't at the gig I attended in Vienna, with the difference that morrissey really gave his best back then. I think he should loosen the schedule and take a few weeks off before continuing with the tour. Of course this is not possible, but the fact that he is visibly exhausted made the whole concert less enjoyable. Still amazed by all the people who want to look like morrissey. it seemed like a dopplegangers competition. To sum up: loved it in vienna, didn't enjoy it much today.

Thank you for Aliceasr.

However, you should say that First of the gang to die wasn't played 2012 Italian tour because he played it 2006 Italian gigs.

It's not like me to do this, but this is an absolute abomination and a complete insult to a fan providing great reports from the tour:

GET A f***ING LIFE, KEWPIE.

We all knew what the poster meant.

The setting was wonderful, but I found Morrissey extremely tired and without energy. He barely managed to sing the concert through without loosing his voice. Boz and the other musicians were not really giving their souls into the performance, as they weren't at the gig I attended in Vienna, with the difference that morrissey really gave his best back then. I think he should loosen the schedule and take a few weeks off before continuing with the tour. Of course this is not possible, but the fact that he is visibly exhausted made the whole concert less enjoyable. Still amazed by all the people who want to look like morrissey. it seemed like a dopplegangers competition. To sum up: loved it in vienna, didn't enjoy it much today.
I hope he doesn't get sick! :eek:

Thank you for Aliceasr.

Kewpie - you stupid, pathetic, pedantic f***ing oxygen thief. You really have no self awareness as to how much you drag this website and many of its users down.

Jukebox Jury

Thank you for Aliceasr.

You should say "thank you to Aliceasr" or "thank you for that Aliceasr". What you said would only make sense if someone gave you Aliceasr. See how annoying it can be to be corrected on any little minute thing?

Thank you for Aliceasr.

Kewpie adds nothing to anything. Bore off you odious turd.

Kewpie - you stupid, pathetic, pedantic f***ing oxygen thief. You really have no self awareness as to how much you drag this website and many of its users down.

Jukebox Jury

about the person mentioned, I just [after some forum issues years ago and
see her banning the long time devoted solo'ers , who deserved more than
she ever put on this website like DL bootlegs, organising events, etc.]
to ignore her, and it the best thing to do..not like this above which give her more
reasons to try to delete posts from you, even you're so brave to put yer name under
anon post.

Ignore her...it works for me

enjoy the gig in Manchester [if you go, that counts for Edinbrough too]

Thank you for Aliceasr.

You haven't got a f***ing clue have you Kewpie, not a clue? And while we are all being pedants, not playing a song in 2012 is not "because" he played it on another tour, as the set lists are not mutually exclusive. You see, that how it goes. If your going to unpick evey word posted, bores like me will do the same to you. Believe me, that's not what any of us want.

Jukebox Jury

Are these negative over-the-top reactions to a correction part of the problem or part of the solution to the perceived 'negativity' of the site? Personally I say go ahead and let your feelings be known. Just don't get in the way of the actual topic.

Interessante. Ma ricordati che Paul Morrissey non è Steven Patrick Morrissey.
Hai le idee un po' confuse.

P.S. Morrissey, con due R e due S.

Vero, Davide. Ero più confuso del solito ieri notte, e ho corretto gli errori . Non sono un fanatico, del resto. Ma mi scuso comunque. Grazie dell'apprezzamento.
( rispondo perché mi pare che - nonostante sia stato quoted una altro commento, direi che ti riferivi al mio : errori, come potremmo vivere bene senza ? )

Are these negative over-the-top reactions to a correction part of the problem or part of the solution to the perceived 'negativity' of the site? Personally I say go ahead and let your feelings be known. Just don't get in the way of the actual topic.

As a newcomer to this site, I feel that the initial comment & the subsequent reactions both contribute to a negative impression of the site (although the reactions seem to come from a good place as they were meant to support Alice who has done a great & enthusiastic job reporting on the Italy concerts). Obviously I am not familiar with the cast of characters & there seems to be some anger against the initiator of the initial comment. It's unfortunate as there is a lot of good commentary & feedback here, but it is a bit of a turn off to see this type of exchanges occur especially on benign topics like this one.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom