Grado - Diga Nazario Sauro (July 13, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / Scandinavia / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Let Me Kiss You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Action Is My Middle Name / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Speedway / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Meat Is Murder / Maladjusted / Still Ill / I Will See You In Far Off Places // I Know It's Over

set list provided by aliceasr, scan from robertokop.

Last edited:
Aliceasr said: Morrissey in great great form after the day of rest.
kosovirkka said: I found Morrissey extremely tired and without energy

So, was he great o was tired? Both? It seems to be hard to see the same about Mozz XD
Cheers!

I totally agree with you!!!! Greetings! :)

Well if everyone just sits back and ignores these needless ''corrections'' (it didn't even need correcting, I and others have stated that we knew fully what it meant) then it just gives Kewpie the green light to continue marking each post made like a teacher. Of all the people on this site to attempt to correct anyone, Kewpie should be the last on the list.

I hope you have also mentioned to Kewpie that ''go ahead and correct someone, but just dont get in the way of the actual topic''. Her ''correction'' and comment was so unnecessary and as a result has detracted from the actual toipc. Without her comment, this comment would not be here. Now that's a fact!

I'm all for correcting errors made such as factual errors but Grammar Nazi's and pedants who spend their day nit picking at every word I have no time for.
If enough people make a fuss against this kind of moderating, maybe someone will take a look at the bigger picture and act accordingly. But I'm not holding my breath....

JJ

Obviously, don't mean to stir the pot - but it's a free website run on a voluntary basis. Of course, the moderators are irritating on occasion ( and ,yes, we're all thinking of one in particular) ... but it's an unpaid and largely thankless job. I don't have the time/inclination to help organise in that fashion and that's what I try to keep in mind when I feel like screeching at one comment or another by them.

Without them, there possibly wouldn't be a website at all - and where else would I go to acquire concert info/ downloads/general chit-chat ?

From what I've read , English isn't Kewpie's first language and, hence, maybe, she does, indeed, miss some of the nuances that the rest of us get ?

I realise how suck-faced this appears .... but I've so enjoyed this site for a number of years and I genuinely don't know how it would function without them ( and yes, her ...) ...

After watching those concert videos, how the hell can anyone defend Jesse Tobias on guitar?

The guy is atrocious.

I've seen Jesse twice with Moz. The first show I thought he was shockingly bad but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. The second time I saw him confirmed my assessment. Jesse is an ill-fit to cover the Smiths stuff and early Morrissey solo works. You end up watching/listening and wondering "What the hell is he doing?"

Why does Jesse Tobias get such a free pass around here? This is something all Morrissey fans should be concerned with.

Moz's music would be infinitely better if someone else was playing guitar (I won't even get into songwriting).

He gets a free pass because it is what it is and appeals to hector and maria. This in turn keeps that cash regester humming. Though we must defend the recent guitar work on the Hawaii and San Diego shows, which in all fairness sounded good! That's all... Fire away..

Aliceasr said: Morrissey in great great form after the day of rest.
kosovirkka said: I found Morrissey extremely tired and without energy

So, was he great o was tired? Both? It seems to be hard to see the same about Mozz XD
Cheers!

hehe well it really depends how it's seen from one's perspective. As I said , I judged the gig from what I saw in vienna and the difference was obvious:) I am glad someone appreciated the whole event more than I did, I am a severe critic:p

I almost forgot...like an hour before the concert started, Jesse came from the backstage to check what was going on. Only one guy went up to him and asked for a photo together,the rest of the people there were not giving a sh..,poor thing. Jesse was wearing a pair of really strange slippers with a flat, thin sole, in my opinion totally unappropriate to be used outdoors. Their colour was atrocious, like red and blue:) I thought he'd look more masculine,like a proper latino man:)while kristeen was playing the queue in front of the wc and the bar noticeably enlarged. There was also this guy with the shaved head and tatooes, dressed in black,who moved back and forth amidst the crowd all the time...who is he again?I saw a photo and topic about him somewhere on this forum (which wasn't implying that he was in any sort of romantic connetion with morrissey, so stay calm)

hehe well it really depends how it's seen from one's perspective. As I said , I judged the gig from what I saw in vienna and the difference was obvious:) I am glad someone appreciated the whole event more than I did, I am a severe critic:p

I almost forgot...like an hour before the concert started, Jesse came from the backstage to check what was going on. Only one guy went up to him and asked for a photo together,the rest of the people there were not giving a sh..,poor thing. Jesse was wearing a pair of really strange slippers with a flat, thin sole, in my opinion totally unappropriate to be used outdoors. Their colour was atrocious, like red and blue:) I thought he'd look more masculine,like a proper latino man:)while kristeen was playing the queue in front of the wc and the bar noticeably enlarged. There was also this guy with the shaved head and tatooes, dressed in black,who moved back and forth amidst the crowd all the time...who is he again?I saw a photo and topic about him somewhere on this forum (which wasn't implying that he was in any sort of romantic connetion with morrissey, so stay calm)

Kosovirkka, are you Albanian? Nevermind, it is not true that only one person come to Tobias for photo. From where I was standing 3 persons come to Jesse for picture. With your one that is 4 (I was near him for just a minute, so there must be others to come to Jesse for photo...). Your impression about concert and Morrissey is pure crap. Mozza was Great! (just look at youtube videos). Please, don't be so dull.

Singularly, Jesse Tobias has been the biggest detriment to Morrissey since he joined the band.

I have resisted the idea that he is in the band because of his Hispanic background (I don't like racial implications on any level, anywhere) but perhaps there is a thread of truth to it (as others have stated)? Maybe he's in the band because of Moz's large Hispanic following? If that's the reason, that's a shame. Jesse isn't good enough to be in Morrissey's band.

There would be a marked improvement in music both live and in studio (and his elimination as a music writing partner would be a wonderful thing).

Kosovirkka, are you Albanian? Nevermind, it is not true that only one person come to Tobias for photo. From where I was standing 3 persons come to Jesse for picture. With your one that is 4 (I was near him for just a minute, so there must be others to come to Jesse for photo...). Your impression about concert and Morrissey is pure crap. Mozza was Great! (just look at youtube videos). Please, don't be so dull.

Nope, I'm not albanian. well how can you state someone's opinion is crap?this is my opinion and it is honest. do you think someone payed me to make bad publicity? I know morrissey can do better than what he did in Grado,I myself witnessed that in Vienna,being redundant att his point. I never got into an exchange of arguments up to now on this forum, but I really see that it is true that everything but adulation of Morrissey the divine is badly accepted on here. Which is sad.

I was only saying he should take a break and re-gain back his strenghts and voice. And that Jesse is ignored by the majority of people. If there was a single person or 4 people out of 400, it really doesn't change my statistic. He knows he is not a good musician and is in the band for reasons unknown to us plebes. If Boz showed up I'd surely be running up to him granting myself a nice autograph.

Last edited:
Nope, I'm not albanian. well how can you state someone's opinion is crap?this is my opinion and it is honest. do you think someone payed me to make bad publicity? I know morrissey can do better than what he did in Grado,I myself witnessed that in Vienna,being redundant att his point. I never got into an exchange of arguments up to now on this forum, but I really see that it is true that everything but adulation of Morrissey the divine is badly accepted on here. Which is sad.

Vienna, Vienna, Vienna.....the only Morrissey gig for you... You know, you should go and see much more before you give bold statements. In short, you don't know what is good or bad Morrissey gig. Enjoy the masterpiece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD4reiisnBo

"He knows he is not a good musician and is in the band for reasons unknown to us plebes. If Boz showed up I'd surely be running up to him granting myself a nice autograph."
Dear Lord, how daft your comment is! Jesse is fantastic guitar player. Just shut up.

nice show, after show with part of the band even better, really nice. Morrissey ultras

"He knows he is not a good musician and is in the band for reasons unknown to us plebes. If Boz showed up I'd surely be running up to him granting myself a nice autograph."
Dear Lord, how daft your comment is! Jesse is fantastic guitar player. Just shut up.

Sad son,

You are clearly the daft (and delusional) one if you honestly think Jesse Tobias is "fantastic".

We'll let you know.

Vienna, Vienna, Vienna.....the only Morrissey gig for you... You know, you should go and see much more before you give bold statements. In short, you don't know what is good or bad Morrissey gig. Enjoy the masterpiece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD4reiisnBo

well does one have to attend some kind of educational institution to know what is a good gig and what not? wasn't that supposed to be subjective?

what is good in this video, that he was out of breath and had no voice at the end of the performance perhaps? and his "coreography" looks forced

I did not enjoy this concert. If you did, good for you.

Valerio Fiandra C'è un segno nell' 'alfabeto' cinese classico, la cui vocalizzazione suona 'er', il cui significato - pressoché intraducibile nelle lingue occidentali, assertive ab initio - assomiglia al nostro "e" congiuntivo, ma nell'accezione di "anche" e "al contrario di". Ecco: paul morissey è 'er'. È un domatore 'er' il leone. Generoso 'er' ritroso. Sfacciato 'er' timido. Appassionato 'er' riluttante. Sprezzante 'er' compassionevole. E potrei continuare. Domani, se sarò ancora abbastanza 'er' anche io, vi racconterò perché ruggire è belare. Per il momento, 2:19 di sabato 14 luglio, vi posso solo dire che La Bastiglia è stata presa, ancora una volta. A Grado, sulla diga Nazario Sauro. Ed è stato ancora lui, Moz Paul Robespierre.

Mi sa che ti stai confondendo.....Paul morrissey non è il nostro Steven Patrick Morrissey ex leader degli smiths, nonché genio

nice show, after show with part of the band even better, really nice. Morrissey ultras

oh yes... i wondered why so many people didn't seem to notice Boz and Solomon drinking in the bar next door!

Grado was wonderful, what an almost surreal combination of "hardcore" MOZ-fans, and the tourists (elderly, dark-tanned sunbathers and families) on the promenade before the show.

well does one have to attend some kind of educational institution to know what is a good gig and what not? wasn't that supposed to be subjective?

what is good in this video, that he was out of breath and had no voice at the end of the performance perhaps? and his "coreography" looks forced

I did not enjoy this concert. If you did, good for you.

Sad girl,

You are very lost. You sound like One Direction fan. Obviously, some kind of Kosovo melody is much more match for you.

we'll let you know

Sad son,

You are clearly the daft (and delusional) one if you honestly think Jesse Tobias is "fantastic".

We'll let you know.

Ugly son,

Don't you dare to use this nobel name 'we'll let you know'. By the way, Jesse is great! guitar player, and a fine gentleman. It was nice to chat with him in Grado - again.

we'll let you know

Ugly son,

Don't you dare to use this nobel name 'we'll let you know'. By the way, Jesse is great! guitar player, and a fine gentleman. It was nice to chat with him in Grado - again.

we'll let you know

Sad son,

You are sadly mistaken about J. Tobias, for he is a very poor excuse for a guitarist when considering how many available are better than him.

we'll let you know

(and I'm keeping MY original sign off).

Sad girl,

You are very lost. You sound like One Direction fan. Obviously, some kind of Kosovo melody is much more match for you.

we'll let you know

lol I've never confronted such stupidity so directly in my life,it is a new experience for me,I feel enriched in this fight against idiocy

Do you sincerely believe there isn't quality music in Kosovo,the kind you listen to? Do you believe there isn't a good lyricst there, an albanian (or serbian) Morrissey? Was your nationalistic remark intentional or just a lapsus,like Morrissey's about the chinese people?but I guessyou can afford this kind of humour,you are his fan and most servile disceple .They have one of the eldest universities in Prishtina..did you know that?of course you didn't otherwise you'd be paying some more respect to kosovo

and again:I'm not from Kosovo and have nothing to do with it,but again, what you wrote is disgusting

So you've talked to Jesse? Have you been polite enough to him?It shows he didn't gain his music maestry in some conservatory in Kosovo,he's such a star....

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom