Genoa - Arena Del Mare (July 8, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Everyday Is Like Sunday / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Alma Matters / Black Cloud / Still Ill / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Scandinavia / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Speedway // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by aliceasr, corrected by jean-sebastien

• Morrissey accende Genova - Il SecoloXIX. Photos (6 total) by Davide Pambianchi. Link posted by aliceasr.

genoa.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the venue was simple - something like a square - just in front of the sea, with cruise ships sailing. People more calm than in Rome and less Moz shirts. In the first row I recognized several guys I saw in Roma. Usual tracklist: only differences from Roma gig were When Last I spoke to Carol, Alma
Matters and the wonderful Speedway. No stage invasion this evening, only at the enchore How soon is now? two heroic guys I saw in Rome tried to get the stage together and, yes, security treated them as potential killers, so that a man from Moz security had to stop them. Moz changed T Shirt three times an was in a good mood. Band with usual t-shirts, not the "azzurro Italia" shirt they had in Roma.
See you in Milano!

These are the songs played but I am not sure about the order. Please note that the tracklist you find on Setlist.fm is totally wrong: they put the previous gig setlist and then they wait for the changes.
If I forgot something please help (I put in black the ones I am sure about the order).

Shoplifters of the World Unite
You have killed me
You’re the one for me, Fatty
When Last I Spoke to Carol
Alma Matters
Every day is like Sunday
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me
Scandinavia
I’m throwing my arms around Paris
Still ill
Ouija board, Ouija board
People are the same everywhere
One day goodbye will be farewell
Meat is murder
Let me kiss you
To give (the reason I live)
Speedway

How Soon is Now?

Reviews:
http://www.ilsecoloxix.it/p/cultura/2012/07/09/APlflCuC-morrissey_accende_genova.shtml#axzz207GfbHmg

Translate:
“Am I Smith enough?”. Glasses blacks, colored shoe. Some even takes his bow tie. Things to fans. Style "nerd" and a vindication of Genoa rock festival at the Arena last night did the Sea, in the old port. "I took the train from Parma and now here I am," says Matteo, with an encyclopedia dedicated to his idol, Morrissey "a friend of mine has a pass to go backstage, I hope in the autograph."

Seven-year absence, two days ago, the first Italian round, now Genoa. Steven Patrick Morrissey returns to thrill the audience. Icon of '80s alternative rock, a pillar of the Smiths from Manchester '82. Friend of the rockers "cursed", and as fascinating as Keith Richards, Marc Bolan and David Bowie. Has them all to be loved. Not just for the lyrics, here lies the paradox, but to dislike, rejection of the fans, the classic "snobbery" superstar. A case of collective masochism?

No, if anything, of admiration for one who has ever risked their own. But imagine someone who makes telling the audience: "We love even if he made took away the hot dog stall"? Yes, smiles Laura, 30, of Massa Carrara. She says “doesn’t care” moving her shoulders talking about the diktat of the idol. Already, orders from above as usual. Morrissey, vegan, claims: no meat at my concerts. "Do not eat, but I'm happy too," says Valentina serene. To each star, on the other hand, its mania. And in this case are more than bearable. "I would not have missed for anything in the world," says Ruben, 33, inside a black tie 'you see I'm a fan? ". You see, quiet, and it is not the only one.

Indeed, under the stage are all united by a passion for black and all with the hope that sounds the favorite song. "Boys and Children, I am here," he says from the stage. White shirt and black pants. "His voice is an embrace that brings me back," Sonia said with moist eyes, 43 years. On one side, under 25, those who "was not there, but I would have liked." Over the other, the ones who truly have lived the 80’s. And it’s like a revival, "but exciting," says Christian, 45 years. "Morrissey, Morrissey" screaming fans from the stands. He answer with: "Italy ...". It takes off his shirt, bare-chested and prejudice, remaining shirtless. And what does it do? Leaves everyone breathless with a cover of the Camaleonti "I am for her" (the cover is “To give (the reason I live) by Frankie Valli, played by a 70's italian band called I Camaleonti, n.d.r.) Romance? "We come from Padua," says Martina, 33, pink hair, "I'd do anything for him." And some came from much farther away.

Moreover, the absence of almost ten years, has been heard. He, that in "Irish Blood, English Heart" sings: "There is nobody on earth that I fear." He who lies but a few suspect him. Sexual identity revealed only a few years ago, after living in Rome and then the engagement to a boy. Finally, the departure and the cancellation of the tour. "Italy, never again," he confided. But the disappointment he must have left the desire to return.

On stage, after a little 'me look at it, you realize that the bass player is actually a man dressed as a woman. Whether it's a tribute to New York Dolls, the legendary American band of the '70s led by David Johansen and Sylvain Sylvain, of which Morrissey has always been a fervent admirer?

"Pleasure, Greg, I come from Nice”, he smiles a boy, also dressed in black," My vacation is to follow all four gigs in Italy (oh well, Moz play 5 dates in Italy, n.d.r.)" This is to him that often sings with his eyes closed, Morrissey, considered by a British newspaper of a living one hundred genes. He who "will soon leave the scene," but it's still here. "It is stylish, beautiful," shouts a group of girls. And he sings, claps his hands. No smiles. But the public does not care, "When will happen again to see it so close? '.

Nice link with lot of nice pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabioviziano/sets/72157630503307760/

You Tube:
How soon is now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YREq6ayGU5Y&feature=related

Still Ill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INF7Go4zh9g&feature=relmfu

Meat is murder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvrjeP_MCwA&feature=relmfu

Last edited:
Really impressed by these pictures, Baron. Particularly like the second one with Moz mid-croon and Jesse going for it on the background.

Last edited:
I love his shirts - especially the striped one and that lovely lavender one! ♥ Perhaps someone can provide banter between songs and other fun stuff?

That dreadful striped shirt functions as a giant arrow, forcing me to look at his jeans. As if he didn't know that when he chose it, the horrible old tease.

Really great pictures of the concert!!! Thanx a lot!!!!

What is the meaning/reason that Boz is in women's clothing this tour? Is there some story about this..has Morrissey said why?

Does anyone know what the setlist of the intermission videos were? I LOVE the first one, in black and white, with the girl singing while the rest of the band circles around her. I know there were ones by Nico and the New York Dolls, too

any idea?

Thanks for the pics. Great to see MOZ in good form. :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom