Kristeen Young comments on Facebook "But, never go to Morrissey-Solo..."

kristeenyoung_fb.png

Last edited by a moderator:
She has always been completely cold and condescending to Morrissey's audience, who have been so patient with her really when she should have been given the boot a long time ago in favor of someone that can actually warm up the audience. She had her chance to learn stagecraft and valued this opportunity not at all. I did not bother to go see Morrissey this last time because of the expense, and seeing her name on the bill just makes the whole thing seem like he's testing the fans the same way he tests the band with the costumes they wear.

Come on people, be good with her! She's waiting for beeing bigger than life! She's carrying on her beauty case with her soft arms of plywood! Sometimes she could be nervous! She's right, people here is mental and me to! 'Cause I'm wasting my precious time talking about her!

The bottom line here isn't whether she has a right to say what she said, because she does. The bottom line is this dimestore psychology bullshit where terms like "mental patient" are bandied about by people on the internet about people on the internet. While it's frustrating sometimes, how can anyone take it seriously? I mean, no one takes her music seriously; seems a stretch that her unqualified psychoanalyzes should be given any greater weight...especially by people who don't like her to begin with.

It's the age of hyperbole where amateurs can say anything they want and the louder they say it, the better it sounds. The fact is, Young can say what she likes, but she cannot back up what she says. Talking shit about Morrissey does not equate with mental illness. Disliking her music does not equate to mental illness. However, the best way to discredit someone's opinion is to call them "crazy"...it's a fun word, isn't it? A catch-all. But in reality it's a very serious accusation and even in the real world, it is only applied with significant reserve.

Her proclamation that we should be "put to death"...well, that's a lot more disturbing. But of course, it's OK when she says something like that. Just like it's OK for Morrissey to wish publicly for the death of an American president he doesn't like, or the head of Elton John. See, that's not crazy, because they're "celebrities." They can say what they want to, and we poor dumb plebs should ooh and aah.

Are there some assholes on here? Yeah. Is there a lot of shit-talking? Definitely. Do some people even go a little too far with the Morrissey bashing, or with bashing eachother? From time to time, perhaps. But to call this place an asylum...I mean, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Especially when designated as such by a woman who wears a dress with a banner stitched to it proclaiming herself "Our Lady of Shit."

At any rate, show me a recent post by a regular member here calling for the execution of someone, and maybe I'll grant Young some credence for her assertion that this forum is populated by mental patients. Otherwise, she should keep her mouth busy doing what it does best: blowing Morrissey.

you missed the point, repeatedly posting on or even maintaining and moderating a website dedicated to someone whose work you intensley dislike and who you personally dislike is a bit mental isn't it (be honest). Just go away and get on with your life, spend some time involved with something you like, don't flood the same message boards daily with the same calls for the artist to retire or suggestions that he is greedy and mean and shit these days. Who are you trying to convince? We can make our own minds up. If you don't like him don't look at him. But the truth is some of you just can't let go, can't get over the perceived betrayal are stuck forever in the tail end of super-fan obbsession. You are small in number (and you know who you are - *hello) but you post often and it warps the content of this site badly and gives it a bad name. Its plain obsessive behaviour and more than a little mental, Kristeen has hit the nail on the head and all you can do is bleat "but Morrissey says spiteful things too" which is true of course however I don't think Morrissey spends all day every day posting on an Elton John forum (I could be wrong)

Last edited:
you missed the point ... the truth is some of you just can't let go, can't get over the perceived betrayal are stuck forever in the tail end of super-fan obbession.

You missed the point. The point is, we just like to come on here and get a rise out of people like you. Your interminable posts about the negativity of other people just encourage us.

You missed the point. The point is, we just like to come on here and get a rise out of people like you. Your interminable posts about the negativity of other people just encourage us.

and here in lies the madness - good luck to you

you missed the point,

No, you're just projecting your feelings as the meaning of someone else's statement.

repeatedly posting on or even maintaining and moderating a website dedicated to someone whose work you intensley dislike and who you personally dislike is a bit mental isn't it (be honest).

And you have proof that the moderation staff or the administrator "intensely (correct spelling) dislike" Morrissey's work? I dare you, I BEG you...cite one example where a moderator or the administrator has claimed such a thing.

Just go away and get on with your life,

If only you could take your own advice.

don't flood the same message boards daily with the same calls for the artist to retire or suggestions that he is greedy and mean and shit these days.

I'm not surprised you didn't add "don't flood the same message board daily calling for the administrator to step down from his own website (that he pays to keep online) and apologize for running it however he sees fit."

Who are you trying to convince?

People who are capable and willing to listen to opinions that are not their own and can fathom that there may be validity to something contrary to what they believe.

We can make our own minds up.

Some yes, some no. In your case, you have to have one first to be able to make it up.

If you don't like him don't look at him.

You could apply that outlook to the very things you are complaining about...but of course, that would make too much sense and be far too easy.

But the truth is some of you just can't let go, can't get over the perceived betrayal are stuck forever in the tail end of super-fan obbsession.

Betrayal of...? You're just jotting down shit you heard in a movie, aren't you?

You are small in number

I'm sure your tailor told you the same thing after he measured your inseam...

but you post often and it warps the content of this site badly and gives it a bad name.

Yeah, it has squat to do with the quality of his new material, the quality of his backing band, the lack of a forthcoming album, the cancellation of concerts, the omission of certain major cities/countries on tour, the prostitution of his back catalog, the increasingly more bizarre and embarrassing statements he makes, etc.

Kristeen has hit the nail on the head

The only nail Kristeen has hammered is the final nail in the coffin of her musical career. Time to tramp the dirt down and say good riddance.

and all you can do is bleat "but Morrissey says spiteful things too" which is true of course

You calling anyone sheep is simply comical...but not as comical as you justifying the very retort you're critical of.

however I don't think Morrissey spends all day every day posting on an Elton John forum

I'm sure he probably scans Google Images for shirtless pictures of a young Ricardo Montalban...

(I could be wrong)

When are you ever right?

No, you're just projecting your feelings as the meaning of someone else's statement.

And you have proof that the moderation staff or the administrator "intensely (correct spelling) dislike" Morrissey's work? I dare you, I BEG you...cite one example where a moderator or the administrator has claimed such a thing.

If only you could take your own advice.

I'm not surprised you didn't add "don't flood the same message board daily calling for the administrator to step down from his own website (that he pays to keep online) and apologize for running it however he sees fit."

People who are capable and willing to listen to opinions that are not their own and can fathom that there may be validity to something contrary to what they believe.

Some yes, some no. In your case, you have to have one first to be able to make it up.

You could apply that outlook to the very things you are complaining about...but of course, that would make too much sense and be far too easy.

Betrayal of...? You're just jotting down shit you heard in a movie, aren't you?

I'm sure your tailor told you the same thing after he measured your inseam...

Yeah, it has squat to do with the quality of his new material, the quality of his backing band, the lack of a forthcoming album, the cancellation of concerts, the omission of certain major cities/countries on tour, the prostitution of his back catalog, the increasingly more bizarre and embarrassing statements he makes, etc.

The only nail Kristeen has hammered is the final nail in the coffin of her musical career. Time to tramp the dirt down and say good riddance.

You calling anyone sheep is simply comical...but not as comical as you justifying the very retort you're critical of.

I'm sure he probably scans Google Images for shirtless pictures of a young Ricardo Montalban...

When are you ever right?

^touched a nerve

A question I haven't seen asked about KY before: Does she have male groupies?
Somewhat interested in her music -- like her looks a lot.
Wish she were subjected to the same outfits as the boys in the band (I'm thinking yellow speedos and nothing else).

Why in the world are people obsessing over what Kristeen Young said? She's a Nobody.

Seriously, her opinion on Solo (and anything else, to be honest) means zero.

She's not a factor in anybody's life by any stretch of the imagination.

Let's move on.

In Bakersfield there was a really tubby fey guy behind me who screamed "Kristeen! We love youuuuu!" He then turned to his fey male friend and said he couldn't wait until she stopped singing. Lol.

I wonder if Julia's getting sick of standing through her sets?

I thought of another hilarious going-to-see-Kristeen story. So she announces on Facebook that she's coming to town again and begs everyone to turn out and see her. I go to a lot of shows, but I also felt driven to support her given the shitty situation she was put in. So she has this residency at the Hotel Cafe for several nights. I go two different nights, on one of them I'm so poor I'm giving the guy at the door quarters for the cover charge to get in (sign-seeing is not lucrative work) and the door man laughs and just lets me in for free. I used it at the bar. :p Anyway so the mood is nice and the venue a hundred times cooler than the other place I saw her. She plays her set and in the middle someone yells out "What injury do you have that requires those bandages?" and she didn't hear the question and the guy asks again "Why do you wear bandages on your wrists?" This was her cutting edge, punk, artistic answer: "I don't know." :straightface: Maybe she's kinda dumb a little bit? THEN, get this, the second night I was there I was familiar with the songs she was going to play. So 3/4s through her set she stops and asks if there are any requests. People were yelling out titles left and right. Did she play any of them? No. She played what she intended to play, the same set from the night the week before. Her stopping to ask for requests was disingenuous. She's a phoney little shit. I'm done supporting fake.

yeah she's nailed the final nail for her coffin, but in the mean time when is the last shovel full of dirt thrown in to put her to rest? Is she playing in Italy or any of the rest of the European tour? I hope not. I tried to give her a chance, I really did but after reading her statement in this thread, I'm done with her. How can she seriously wonder why noone likes her, with remarks like that? Snarky, snooty and stuck up. Take a GOOD long look at your self Kristeen and then once again ask "why doesn't anyone like me?" If I was from your home town, I'd disavow you also.

Why in the world are people obsessing over what Kristeen Young said? She's a Nobody.

Seriously, her opinion on Solo (and anything else, to be honest) means zero.

She's not a factor in anybody's life by any stretch of the imagination.

Let's move on.

Because instead of looking at the big picture and embracing the idea that there are many people on solo who support Morrissey and HER and his tour, she decided to curry the percieved favor of her employer and by denouncing this place, which HAS defended her repeatedly in the past , and took it a step further suggesting we should be dead. Those are fighting words but she's not even a fighter, she's a complainer. She represents the voice of his tour which, by the minute I am giving less and less of a shit about, but her motivations are to secure her position as premium ass-kisser who gets a paycheck. "WAAAAAHHHHHH, MY PARENTS WERE SUPER CHRISTIAN." Do some soul searching, Kristeen, it ain't all about you and your big edgy mouth. Don't wish death upon fans. And learn some goddam manners.

Last edited:
Wow. Just got through all of this. Put to death is extreme. If we're put to death, nobody would listen to her then. Nobody. She has nothing else going on except for Morrissey. And, again, if we're all dead, who'd go to Morrissey's shows? I think he'd be a little upset by that. Silly comment. Silly woman-child. I suppose those horses, whom she feels were put on earth to cart people around in dangerously hot weather, should also be put to death? She seems to have no compassion - at all. This website has had many ups and downs, but it really is the one place Morrissey fans log onto for information. I've only ever loved and supported Morrissey. I've had an on-going journal/blog here for ages that supports Morrissey in many ways (whether it's interesting or not is not the question) so I guess she's calling me mental...But, you know...being mental isn't a bad thing. Being a completely egotistical, self absorbed, talentless, twit who thinks she's all that, now that's not only bad, it's simply BORING.

Oh, and Punk? Bitch, please.

Being Morrissey's support act is really a gift - especially since she's held the position for so long. She should respect his audience. We're not her audience. We are not there to see what she calls "The Morrissey and Kristeen Young Tour" It's MORRISSEY'S TOUR.

That's it. All I'm going to say. I found her statements harsh and hurtful and I needed to vent. God, she has no idea how lucky she is being Morrissey's opening act - obviously.

*I'm off to make Christmas cards...*

Last edited:
I thought of another hilarious going-to-see-Kristeen story. So she announces on Facebook that she's coming to town again and begs everyone to turn out and see her. I go to a lot of shows, but I also felt driven to support her given the shitty situation she was put in. So she has this residency at the Hotel Cafe for several nights. I go two different nights, on one of them I'm so poor I'm giving the guy at the door quarters for the cover charge to get in (sign-seeing is not lucrative work) and the door man laughs and just lets me in for free. I used it at the bar. :p Anyway so the mood is nice and the venue a hundred times cooler than the other place I saw her. She plays her set and in the middle someone yells out "What injury do you have that requires those bandages?" and she didn't hear the question and the guy asks again "Why do you wear bandages on your wrists?" This was her cutting edge, punk, artistic answer: "I don't know." :straightface: Maybe she's kinda dumb a little bit? THEN, get this, the second night I was there I was familiar with the songs she was going to play. So 3/4s through her set she stops and asks if there are any requests. People were yelling out titles left and right. Did she play any of them? No. She played what she intended to play, the same set from the night the week before. Her stopping to ask for requests was disingenuous. She's a phoney little shit. I'm done supporting fake.

Be honest. A tiny part of you wanted to go to these shows because of her connection to Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom