Kristeen Young comments on Facebook "But, never go to Morrissey-Solo..."

kristeenyoung_fb.png

Last edited by a moderator:
In between (and during ) her screeching we laugh and say rude things about her to each other ...because o.m.g ~she Really Sucks

Yeah, well, for someone who writes lyrics about manually plucking a fetus out her womb and referring to it as a tumor and crushing it, and for someone who aligns herself with an individual that sees the Norway massacre as a minor scuffle compared to the fast food industry; I'd say she's not really in a position to diagnose mental instability. I'm sure ol' Kris has a few bats in her own belfry.

Besides, saying something like that is only gonna generate more site traffic. Either she's intentionally pushing the envelope, or she's woefully naive.

And speaking of "three people," well...that's even more than the amount who bought her last album!

TRUTH!

Well said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked this one! Well put...well put.

You're not the only one. My pet hate is people over the age of 25 using the bad things that happened to them as a child as a excuse for there adult behavior. The " I was abused as a child and can be as horrible as I like now because I suffered pain" excuse is stupid. There is a point where you have to accept your past and move on. It's not something you can use for the rest of your life as a excuse for bad behavior. She try's to gain pity from people and maybe they'll like her then. But her behavior and attitude is so off putting that I only feel annoyance towards her. I find her extremely unlikeable and I can't find a scrap of talent in her. Her recent outburst have really made me like her less. The imitation of Moz is annoying to. Be yourself and stop trying to be like the opening act. It's lame. Please stop screaming and learn to sing instead of stupid Facebook posts or better yet GO AWAY.

I suggest everyone boycott her set in the upcoming American Tour. I will be enjoying a couple of drinks in the lounge instead of listening to her horrible voice. With any luck Morrissey will sack her before they hit the West Coast. How about Young the Giant?

Regarding Young's opinion of this site: Sure, Solo can be a sewer, but that’s true for the entire Internet (and life, really). You must sift through tons of bullshit to find something worthwhile. But there are some really interesting posters who make astute observations or just post crazy, funny stuff. The site itself is easy to scan for news or random Moz-related tidbits. And it's quite easy to scroll past what I'm not interested in. All of that is worthwhile to me, so I keep coming back.

I actually quite like Kristeen Young (but then, I'm a mental patient!), but I’m not bothered by criticism of her or Morrissey or this site. It’s all down to, as someone pointed out above, whether there's evidence to back up a criticism, whether it's valid. And, sure, some people express their criticism in a rather douchey way, but that's true for Morrissey himself--he isn't exactly known for his diplomacy or tact.

Like her hero, Young has made some outrageous and hyperbolic statements. And, as with Moz, sometimes they’re quite funny and true, and sometimes they’re ridiculous. They usually fall flat when there’s nothing behind them, or when it’s just Moz or Young seeking attention, like the night she got axed from the tour.

What I recall from that night is that people weren’t giving her the type/amount of attention she desired (certainly NOT the first time that happened on that tour), but, for whatever reason, that night she got pouty, and then spouted off.

But now she says she was being “punk,” and that Moz fired her because her “punk” statement "wasn’t understood at that moment.” From my vantage point, her behavior was obnoxious and stupid, and I'm doubting that misunderstanding her punkness was the reason Moz asked her to leave the tour. But, hey, I'm deranged and ought to be killed, so what do I know? :)

Last edited:
There seems 2 be a little bit of negativilty 2wards kristeen young on this topic and forum in general!
Supose she perefers it this way! LOL :) but what is up with everyone!!!!!
Ok shes made a few commnets on facebook that some people took offense 2, so whats wrong in that? Its as if you want 2 crusifie the woman just becaue shes said a few little things!!!!!!!!!!!! morrissey loves her, well obviously he does, otherwize they wouldnt be gracing us with there presence together in concert! ! were is your loyalty!
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!! boycotting her ? ive never heard such madness!!!! :confused:
I dont care what anyone thinks, i think shes ABSOULTY FANTASTIC LIVE!!!!! :) and i know coz ive seen her!

But the first time I seen kristeen young appear on stage, i said 2 my daughter and son at the concert, she looks like a goth! :) there was just somthing exstremly interesting and charming about her, made me feel the way i felt the very first time i discorvered morrissey all those years ago, (not an easy thing 2 do!) and then when her music kicked in and she started 2 sing, its just blew us away! INCREDIBLE VOCALS !!!! :)
Her music is simply breath taking and brough me 2 tears and almost 2 my knees !
Of course morrissey then made his appreance and he completly stole the show away, It was just the wait, the anticipation for morrissey to appear on stage and then when he did , the whole place errupted with incredible cheers and applause and crys of laughter and delight!
Something VERY special and magical happened on that nite! even the write up in the local newspapers said we had never seen anything like this over here EVER!
But kristeen young is just as great as morrissey but in a slightly different way and yet they ARE the same!! FANTASTIC!!!! :)

I listen 2 the wonderfull music of morrissey every single nite whilst i produce the wonderfull and amazing work that I do, (well its not work really, its just somthing that I do, and it just happens that ive become one of the best in the world at it! I didnt mean 2, it just happened! ) but I simply have 2 listen to morrissey ! Id be utterly useles without him! but i also listen to kristen young now as well ! I bought all her albums!
Oh and patti smith, the punk princess herself! shes also has a rare talent 2 bring one 2 tears 2! such as her llyrics in "pissing in a river", were she sings," my vows are now empty, I never doughted u, what more can i give u 2 make that this thing grow, , dont turn ur back now- im talking to u, should I go the length of the river , should I crawl leave and defeated, everything ive done ive done 4 u, oh id give my life for u, what about it? u gunna leave me ? what about it, u dont need me, what about it? I cant live with out you, what about it? ect ect ect!
Dont care what anyone thinks, morrissey, kristeen young and patti smith are all in a world of there own! there vocals, words and music make life worth living!

Manchester area here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not long to go now! :)

Just 4 morrissey allways and forever! :)

WOW! YOU'RE A MENTAL PATIENT - for reals.

OK, well, the one thing we can all agree on is that Kristeen doesn't like this site and that none of us really care. Where does that leave us?

haters-gonna-hate-monkeys.gif

Life will somehow go on for all involved, I'm sure.

Kristeen, I know you're reading this, enjoying the closest thing to an "internet buzz" you're ever likely to be granted, but let me just say one thing to you real quick...

If you're not too busy selling tons of albums, and writing pop hit after pop hit, well, if you ever want to stop by Solo and tell us all directly how f***ed up we are, I'd love to go head to head with you in a debate. Otherwise...

tumblr_lgyd6x3kxj1qbrrs3.gif

There seems 2 be a little bit of negativilty 2wards kristeen young on this topic and forum in general!
Supose she perefers it this way! LOL :) but what is up with everyone!!!!!
Ok shes made a few commnets on facebook that some people took offense 2, so whats wrong in that? Its as if you want 2 crusifie the woman just becaue shes said a few little things!!!!!!!!!!!! morrissey loves her, well obviously he does, otherwize they wouldnt be gracing us with there presence together in concert! ! were is your loyalty!
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!! boycotting her ? ive never heard such madness!!!! :confused:
I dont care what anyone thinks, i think shes ABSOULTY FANTASTIC LIVE!!!!! :) and i know coz ive seen her!

But the first time I seen kristeen young appear on stage, i said 2 my daughter and son at the concert, she looks like a goth! :) there was just somthing exstremly interesting and charming about her, made me feel the way i felt the very first time i discorvered morrissey all those years ago, (not an easy thing 2 do!) and then when her music kicked in and she started 2 sing, its just blew us away! INCREDIBLE VOCALS !!!! :)
Her music is simply breath taking and brough me 2 tears and almost 2 my knees !
Of course morrissey then made his appreance and he completly stole the show away, It was just the wait, the anticipation for morrissey to appear on stage and then when he did , the whole place errupted with incredible cheers and applause and crys of laughter and delight!
Something VERY special and magical happened on that nite! even the write up in the local newspapers said we had never seen anything like this over here EVER!
But kristeen young is just as great as morrissey but in a slightly different way and yet they ARE the same!! FANTASTIC!!!! :)

I listen 2 the wonderfull music of morrissey every single nite whilst i produce the wonderfull and amazing work that I do, (well its not work really, its just somthing that I do, and it just happens that ive become one of the best in the world at it! I didnt mean 2, it just happened! ) but I simply have 2 listen to morrissey ! Id be utterly useles without him! but i also listen to kristen young now as well ! I bought all her albums!
Oh and patti smith, the punk princess herself! shes also has a rare talent 2 bring one 2 tears 2! such as her llyrics in "pissing in a river", were she sings," my vows are now empty, I never doughted u, what more can i give u 2 make that this thing grow, , dont turn ur back now- im talking to u, should I go the length of the river , should I crawl leave and defeated, everything ive done ive done 4 u, oh id give my life for u, what about it? u gunna leave me ? what about it, u dont need me, what about it? I cant live with out you, what about it? ect ect ect!
Dont care what anyone thinks, morrissey, kristeen young and patti smith are all in a world of there own! there vocals, words and music make life worth living!

Manchester area here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not long to go now! :)

Just 4 morrissey allways and forever! :)

OK so a coupla thangs:

You do realize that with this post, you have just qualified, as KY says herself as a 'mental patient.'

That and I believe you should be sent to the Hague to stand trial for crimes against the exclamation mark!!!!!

Last edited:
I have a kind of funny going-to-see-Kristeen story. This might shed some light as to why I'm a tad offended, seeing as I'm what some might categorize as the queen of the mental patients here, but still. Homie don't need to be burnin' bridges like she did.

So she gets sacked by moz and I'm one of the "Urggggg, run her out of town for talking about his junk on stage!!!!" people and I feel bad about that. I mean I genuinely did. So she announces she having a show in San Bernadino at the Cal State there and I think "Okay, I'll offer my support. She flies all the way from New York and I was a meanie in my mind to her, I'll go cheer her on." So it's pretty much the saddest venue ever and she's a sport about it, doing the moves and wearing the dress all fancy and all that and whatnot. not even a stage, she's glamming it up on a carpeted step. It was an experience. Here's the thing. I was housesitting in Orange County and Cal State San Bernardino is pretty much in Butt f*** Egypt. I had $100 to my name. I spent ten bucks on parking, there wasn't anything to drink if I recall, just a bunch of people sitting around a carpeted student union amongst AIDS booths and tables with Fem Faire brochures. So it's raining that night and my alternator decides to go out. But before I can diagnose that it's the alternator, I buy an $80 battery at a Wal Mart in some town out in the middle of nowhere for my ginormo diesel engine. I'm driving without windshield wipers in the rain to conserve my lights to get me home. I have the window down and I'm flipping a rag across the windshield to clear it of the rain so I don't have to waste the battery on the wipers. The venue is an hour and a half away and I'm PRAYING that I not get hit by a car for lack of visibility because I decided I HAD to go support Kristeen. My dad almost killed me for driving so far away to see this girl he'd never heard of. "She's going to be big, dad!"

Waste of time.

Also...she did a gig where the drummer was some guy from Fallout Boy at the Roxy. I bought TEN tickets at her urging on facebook, I thought it'd help. I could only get six people to go and one of them was beligerant and drunk as hell and Jesse Tobias had to set him straight :)p true story, funny) but I bought TEN TICKETS and she wants me to die? Even if it was in jest. She must being feeling pretty f***ing comfortable and set with 36 American gigs lined up and a vacation of Europe to be such an arrogant prick. Good luck with your friends Kristeen who pretty much just want you to dish Morrissey shit. They don't like you, they're kissing your ass. You should be able to recognize it since you seem to have mastered it yourself. Get a spine.

Last edited:
Jesus, put a little cider in me...lol. :D

You know those little bees in your sleeves? You woke them up. Good luck.

Also...she did a gig where the drummer was some guy from Fallout Boy at the Roxy. I bought TEN tickets at her urging on facebook, I thought it'd help. I could only get six people to go and one of them was beligerant and drunk as hell and Jesse Tobias had to set him straight :)p true story, funny) but I bought TEN TICKETS and she wants me to die? Even if it was in jest. She must being feeling pretty f***ing comfortable and set with 36 American gigs lined up and a vacation of Europe to be such an arrogant prick. Good luck with your friends Kristeen who pretty much just want you to dish Morrissey shit. They don't like you, they're kissing your ass. You should be able to recognize it since you seem to have mastered it yourself. Get a spine.

The Fall Out Boy guy was Patrick Vaughn Stump. He did a guest vocal spot on her 2009 song "Duet"...it was a duet.

She had written the part for Morrissey, but he turned it down because he felt it was not commercial enough (i.e. "catchy") (i.e. "good") to make a difference to anyone.

Stump, however, has no such standards.

Though not a bad track, (and it has good lyrics), it is -on an album that otherwise contains some genuinely great songs- certainly one of her least melodious offerings.

The Fall Out Boy guy was Patrick Vaughn Stump. He did a guest vocal spot on her 2009 song "Duet"...it was a duet.

She had written the part for Morrissey, but he turned it down because he felt it was not commercial enough (i.e. "catchy") (i.e. "good") to make a difference to anyone.

Stump, however, has no such standards.

Though not a bad track, (and it has good lyrics), it is -on an album that otherwise contains some genuinely great songs- certainly one of her least melodious offerings.

He was playing the drums that night, not singing. I remember little because I was wrangling my wasted friend with daggers in my eyes. I fell in love with Jesse that night because he sensed the issue and had a talk with him. I was sooooooo embarrassed, but Jesse's a great moderator and order-maker. I totally "got it" that night, he's like being around a cool cop.

Even if I hated Morrissey's new work, (which I don't), but still loved The Smiths and his early solo work, I would still have so much respect for the man who produced that music that was so important to me and my life, that I could never and would never say terrible things about that man. Anyway, what artist does their best work at 53?

People don't get into the music industry expecting to hear only nice things about themselves all the time - if they do, they're idiots. When you're an artist, you are out there - people make nice comments about your work, others do the opposite. It's called life.

P.

Last edited:
People don't get into the music industry expecting to hear only nice things about themselves all the time - if they do, they're idiots. When you're an artist, you are out there - people make nice comments about your work, others do the opposite. It's called life.

P.

Morrissey , I must say that with mentall 116 IQ, is not very good in handling that,
that's why's he keeps his life private as possible

as for his gigs, I find it OK, even if the songs are played OK, when you toured about 1 and a half year
with and go tomorrow to Liege/Luik [Belgium festival] I expect no real changes in his setlist, so
I won't go just for the money Ican listen it on a show he did on youtube

Hoping he changes his setlist for the USA a lot, not that I'm going, but for all of you buying tickets
and want to hear some other songs live

just my point, but Kristeen wrote I'm mentall so...

:crazy:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom