Kristeen Young comments on Facebook "But, never go to Morrissey-Solo..."

kristeenyoung_fb.png

Last edited by a moderator:
"all the fans Morrissey has from this site"

I think you have that ass backwards. Despite the self-importance most of the people on this site feel, Morrissey-Solo has never created any fans.

"all the fans Morrissey has from this site"

I think you have that ass backwards. Despite the self-importance most of the people on this site feel, Morrissey-Solo has never created any fans.
Well, that sounds like a statement from someone who takes themselves pretty seriously.

Of course the huge irony here is that the site which day after day, week after week, year after year criticises, insults and attacks Morrissey and his band can't actually TAKE any criticism or negative comments. Not particularly surprising tho.

Honestly, I don't mind her music as much as some do, but if she is going to throw insults our way, I'll provide some analysis of my own:

Most acts would seize an opportunity like opening for Morrissey as a step on the ladder to build their own career. Rather than doing so in 2006/2007, KY has decided to just hang around. Outside of Morrissey's audience, has she made any sort of dent whatsoever in the world of music?

She's not an artist. She's a four-octave roadie who wants to be included in the party.

I never really pay attention to her. The only reason I've seen her play is because at general admission shows you have to watch the opener if you want a good spot.

All the more reason I'm glad the next show I'm seeing is reserved seating - no further need to exhaust my patience or eardrums.

She's just toeing the party line, if that was really her on Facebook. Yawn and move on.

Of course the huge irony here is that the site which day after day, week after week, year after year criticises, insults and attacks Morrissey and his band can't actually TAKE any criticism or negative comments. Not particularly surprising tho.

How is being called 'three mental patients' valid criticism of this site? I counter and say that it is by her response it is more Kristeen who can't take criticism.

Let's show her how sick we are...give it to her with both barrels. Let us all throw Big Mac's covered in grease at her when she opens for Morrissey...and then start small camp stoves and grill bacon, small kittens and lambs...well...maybe it is people like me she is pointing to, with her boney white finger...

I pity KY. She's 36. Still a nobody and no chance in hell of ever being anyone. She follows Moz around like a puppy dog try's to get in with his aunt and nephews. She got back on the tour last year by conviently being where he was and begging for a second chance through Sarah. Moz feels sorry for her cause of her pathetic sob story of a life. I don't care if you were adopted and beaten by your boyfriend. Your 36 get over it. Grow up and try to be one of those humans you think are better then animals. Moz will do what he does best. Drop her and move on to his next pathetic project person. You should see how many people on the crew roll there eyes when she passes by.

I think I saw her in 'Curdle Beach' in 09. She was terrible. Her audio sounded like something blaring from an eight track attached to a 1979 pimp van with weird stains on the seats. She will be opening at the venue where I have tickets this year. Perhaps she will sound better and I can appreciate her art. Otherwise, he should have Paula Dean or Dr. Phil open for him. At least I would be disgusted to the point of laughter...

I never really pay attention to her. The only reason I've seen her play is because at general admission shows you have to watch the opener if you want a good spot.

I am confident your assessment of the video is accurate and I will save 3 minutes of my life to do something more productive like smoke.

Wow, sure times have changed Moz and his fans. Touring for Oye Estaban, Moz played some small venues in northern California that were far from sold-out – a delight to the fortunate few, who never for once relinquished utter devotion. Santa Rosa especially; I think there were more bouncers around the stage than audience members.
And during this time, the only place online to connect to Moz fans was Morrissey-Solo. The Chat Forum made me feel that I was not alone. If you held Moz in your heart during this time you had a place to unite with others with mutual admiration. Morrissey-Solo was special during this lull in his career. Morrissey should acknowledge David T. for his devotion. I thank David T. so very much. This site (even though I don’t regularly visit anymore) is the “official” Morrissey website.

Love,

Eligh

Whatever this place may have been in the past, it certainly isn't that now. I love Morrissey with all my heart and reading the comments on this sight makes me very sad and angry, and that is putting it lightly. The question is, why do I come here if it disturbs me so? Well, there is no better place for up-to-date Morrissey news. I guess I stuck around to read the comments because I am a masochist.

Well, at least we now know that both she and Moz read Solo in their spare time. Hi Kristeen! :D

I sincerely hope Morrissey doesn't read this site. I have never seen such cruelty towards any artist in my entire life, and this coming from supposed fans. It hurts and angers me to read all the nastiness written about him here and all over the net, so I can only imagine how it might make him feel. It would be terrible knowing poor Moz saw the same trash I see. :tears:

I sincerely hope Morrissey doesn't read this site. I have never seen such cruelty towards any artist in my entire life, and this coming from supposed fans. It hurts and angers me to read all the nastiness written about him here and all over the net, so I can only imagine how it might make him feel. It would be terrible knowing poor Moz saw the same trash I see. :tears:

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure it all goes in one ear and out of the other. Moz enjoys playing the victim - even if everyone on Solo were singing his praises, he'd still be complaining that someone, somewhere doesn't appreciate him enough. As for the criticism; some of it is very valid, and Moz might do well to read a bit of it if he still cares what his fans are thinking. As it is, I really don't think he gives a flying one about the whole thing anymore, and hasn't for years. So the strip show continues.

Sorry you guys can't all be in Italy having a great time with Morrissey & co, but try to keep your jealousy in check a bit? This thread is embarassing and you're all embarassing yourselves... nevermind proving Morrissey right, yet again, and you don't even seem to realize what you're doing. I mean, I can maybe see this whine fest in the pigsty but main page?

This site reflects life - some people like, some people hate, some people say complimentary things, some people say non-complimentary things. There are other sites you can go to to read nothing bit nice and complimentary stuff. Here, you're going to get it all. Unless of course you want censorship so posts more closely reflect your views.

And instead of whining about your perceived imbalance of denigratory posts - do something about it - come here, and get all your friends to come here and flood the board with pro-Morrissey posts. Go for it. Is that too much effort?

P.

Last edited:

The problem with your post is this: Morrissey reads this site, and he is a big boy who should be able to handle criticism of him and his band, opening acts, etc. He is very quick to lay harsh words on anyone/anything that he deems as repulsive, offensive, or against his convictions. In turn, he should be able to accept the same treatment, and so should you.

I am a fan of his early solo work and his work with The Smiths, but his recent lackluster (at best) output is being shielded by his ridiculous costumes and "possible" other sites that may or may not exist.

The beauty of this site is that it allows for people to be critical and supportive of an artist; if you want a site that does not allow this, then create one of your own--or just visit True-To-You.

im not arsed when she said about morrissey... but i don't know why it was so 'punk' to say it.

Well, at least we now know that both she and Moz read Solo in their spare time. Hi Kristeen! :D

Nothing like a common enemy to bitch about to cement an already extra-strong relationship, it would seem.
See, their bond is unbreakable, because they really see eye to ey- oops, I should be going. :)

I can see anyone's frustration. Often this site is reserved for the naysayers, the critics. But why critisise? I say the main reason is for the sake of it. To converse. Frustration, anxiety, anger. They are conditions of love. Life's going quick, think about what you say?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom