Kristeen Young comments on Facebook "But, never go to Morrissey-Solo..."

kristeenyoung_fb.png

Last edited by a moderator:
boy, does So-low earn this man's ire or what?

Sort of ironic how KY makes her point about how bad this place is by wishing death on its denizens. I don't recall anyone here ever wishing death on Mozzer for the crime of making a shit album or five (which seems to be the main gripe people have here). As a few people pointed out, this won't deter people from visiting this site. Quite the opposite, really

Will always love this man for the music he's made and will continue to make, but I can't understand why, after 30 years in the public eye, he still allows critics and detractors to bother him so much. Opinions don't mean SHIT when they come from people you don't know or don't admire. Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen knew this and never gave a f*** what people thought of them, and look at where they are today: in their 70's and 80's, still touring, still making relevant music, still getting real paid, and still not giving a f***. Mozzer would be wise to take heed of this business model

someone needs to direct KY over to Netphoria.org, where quote-unquote Billy Corgan fans lambaste the man daily, to a much more heated degree than the people here. Or to the Rolling Stones forum, where a vast majority of the fans scorn every step Mick and Keef have taken since Tattoo You in 1980
both places way worse than this place.

:clap:

As to the point of Morrissey's motivations, I don't think he's upset by it so much as he feels compelled to defend the people who are. I thought the F solo shirt stunt was to appease his band who was being attacked. I could be wrong. Kristeen's taking this stance because it furthers her career to appear to think the same thing as her boss. So punk.

:clap:

As to the point of Morrissey's motivations, I don't think he's upset by it so much as he feels compelled to defend the people who are. I thought the F solo shirt stunt was to appease his band who was being attacked. I could be wrong. Kristeen's taking this stance because it furthers her career to appear to think the same thing as her boss. So punk.

I agree, especially when you consider that it was Boz who originally approached Morrissey with the "F Solo" shirts - it wasn't Morrissey's idea. He probably wore the shirts to please Boz/other members of the band who were getting pilloried on here.

Eligh,
I remember those days well. I always found it funny that when You Are The Quarry came out, the industry acted as if Morrissey had been locked away for years; I suppose to the public he was but he never stopped touring. I remember the dates you spoke of as well as the dingy old theaters in the odd ends of Arizona. Half of the floor was open in Tucson while the balcony was a quarter full. In the good days of Alain Whyte and the other quiffs. Best, Wes

Wow, sure times have changed Moz and his fans. Touring for Oye Estaban, Moz played some small venues in northern California that were far from sold-out – a delight to the fortunate few, who never for once relinquished utter devotion. Santa Rosa especially; I think there were more bouncers around the stage than audience members.
And during this time, the only place online to connect to Moz fans was Morrissey-Solo. The Chat Forum made me feel that I was not alone. If you held Moz in your heart during this time you had a place to unite with others with mutual admiration. Morrissey-Solo was special during this lull in his career. Morrissey should acknowledge David T. for his devotion. I thank David T. so very much. This site (even though I don’t regularly visit anymore) is the “official” Morrissey website.

Love,

Eligh

Re:

I agree, especially when you consider that it was Boz who originally approached Morrissey with the "F Solo" shirts - it wasn't Morrissey's idea. He probably wore the shirts to please Boz/other members of the band who were getting pilloried on here.

Yeah, a silly kid who proudly posted here that he gave the idea to Boz.

However, did Boz admit that he suggested Morrissey to wear the T-shirt?

Last edited:

People on this site are like American politicians. Either Morrissey is a hard assed boss who forces his band to wear speedos against their will, or he's a softy who agrees to wear a shirt suggested by a band member and in support of his band but which he doesn't personally agree with. He can't be both at the same time.

Chris Solazanus from Chicago.

People on this site are like American politicians. Either Morrissey is a hard assed boss who forces his band to wear speedos against their will, or he's a softy who agrees to wear a shirt suggested by a band member and in support of his band but which he doesn't personally agree with. He can't be both at the same time.

Personally I think he's a hard-arsed boss who is fully supportive of his band provided that they toe the line and do whatever he says. When they're doing everything right, he's very protective of them. When they screw up, well... we know what happens then.

Kristeen hates this place, Boz hates this place, Moz hates this place, refers to it as 'So Low', wears a shirt telling you to get f***ed, and bans the website owner for life from attending future gigs (even though he's still managed to slip in to a few undercover), and yet some of you still don't seem to get the message. Amazing, really.

Kristeen hates this place, Boz hates this place, Moz hates this place, refers to it as 'So Low', wears a shirt telling you to get f***ed, and bans the website owner for life from attending future gigs (even though he's still managed to slip in to a few undercover), and yet some of you still don't seem to get the message. Amazing, really.

Then why the f*** did you check in today? Amazing, really.

I think it's less that we "don't get the message" than it is that we, you know, don't let other people decide for us what websites we can involve ourselves with.

Crazy, I know.

In fact if anything, their little bitch fits just make me love this place more.

Dear Chris,

If Kristeen, Boz and Morrissey told you to stick your head in the oven, would you do that, too?

The rest of us here are adults and can make our own choices regarding the online company we keep.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

The other night at the show in Roma, KY walked out on stage and my girlfriend is like "didn't Amy Winehouse die six months ago??!"

KY's set was horrible, and not just because she dissed So-Low. NOBODY was into her show in Roma or last night in Genova, for that matter. She sounds like claws on chalkboards, no shit. She does this weird dance stuff while her digital backing track plays and everyone in the audience looks at each other like "Huh??"

the biggest ovation she garners is when she exits the stage after making the audience suffer for eight or nine songs, five of which sound like the SAME piano ballad played slightly different each time.

And that voice. That godawful voice. Guantanamo Bay and the Bush Administration would have had a field day with her five years ago if anybody had a clue who she was

OK, just why was this random facebook post commenting on morrissey-solo presented as news in the first place? Random people i know bash this place all the time yet it doesn't make the newspage. Pretty pathetic, really. Pretty sad...makes the news source look like a bit of a playground tattle-tale.."he/she started it!!" GROW UP. I'm about to say something very immature, but very relevant: If this person were my bully, i'd totally Columbine them...

it was a perfectly relevant news article.

This is a woman who is opening for Morrissey, pretty much wishing death on a substantial portion of his fanbase based on the merit that Mozzer and his camp can't take criticism LIKE ALL ARTISTS AND MUSICIANS AND THESPIANS DO

then she has the nerve to show up at these shows with her duller-than-a-donkey's-ass "routine" and expects people to care.

if this place was half as bad as she and Morrissey claim it is, she wouldn't have walked out of Antwerp alive, let alone any of the other shows she's opening.

Instead, we let her come out, screech her eight songs (for lack of a better word) of nothingness, and then leave in one piece. No offense taken; stupid people are the same everywhere

The other night at the show in Roma, KY walked out on stage and my girlfriend is like "didn't Amy Winehouse die six months ago??!"

KY's set was horrible, and not just because she dissed So-Low. NOBODY was into her show in Roma or last night in Genova, for that matter. She sounds like claws on chalkboards, no shit. She does this weird dance stuff while her digital backing track plays and everyone in the audience looks at each other like "Huh??"

the biggest ovation she garners is when she exits the stage after making the audience suffer for eight or nine songs, five of which sound like the SAME piano ballad played slightly different each time.

And that voice. That godawful voice. Guantanamo Bay and the Bush Administration would have had a field day with her five years ago if anybody had a clue who she was

And I thought I didn't care for her music! The only thing I admire is her tenacity but even that is starting to wear thin with me. What exactly does she expect? After 15 years plus of doing something like this and getting nowhere, I'd be like "screw it, I'm done". I know artists suffer for their art, but really, at what expense? Wonder what pep talk Morrissey gives her before and after her set?

This is a woman who is opening for Morrissey, pretty much wishing death on a substantial portion of his fanbase based on the merit that Mozzer and his camp can't take criticism LIKE ALL ARTISTS AND MUSICIANS AND THESPIANS DO

then she has the nerve to show up at these shows with her duller-than-a-donkey's-ass "routine" and expects people to care.

if this place was half as bad as she and Morrissey claim it is, she wouldn't have walked out of Antwerp alive, let alone any of the other shows she's opening.

Instead, we let her come out, screech her eight songs (for lack of a better word) of nothingness, and then leave in one piece. No offense taken; stupid people are the same everywhere

The crowd could boo her off the stage...tho I wouldn't wish that on anyone. They could also NOT give her any applause also to show their disapproval. I wonder what her parents think of her?

pmsl @ "we let her"
Like you or anyone had a choice!

They didn't frisk anybody going into the venue

so pretty sure if people had jumped on the stage to attack the way they keep going after Mozzer or pelted her with rotten plums and such, she'd give up pretty easily.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom