Downloads

A

Anonymous

I have no idea if this is needed or not, but it seems to me that it might be, so I'll give it a shot. I've bought some space on Rapid Share. I have a number of Moz/Smith live recordings. I figure I'll put them up. MozzBozz used Tumblr so I stole that idea from him. I figure it can't hurt to have another place to go to get shows. I've only posted a couple things I've recorded but am converting my collection and will start hunting down other stuff. Think of me what you will but feel free to follow http://mozutd.tumblr.com/ Worst case, it'll be another place to get shows.

A Fan

Added some downloads to http://mozutd.tumblr.com/

12/02/24 - Vina Del Mar, Chile (YouTube rip)
02/10/24 - Malmo, Sweden
02/09/18 - Royal Albert Hall, London
02/09/14 - Greek Theater, Berkeley
02/08/22 - McDonald Theater, Eugene
02/08/10 - Rialto Theater, Tucson
02/08/09 - Celebrity Theater, Phoenix
00/03/30 - Luna Park Stadium, Buenos Aires
97/09/13 - Theatre St. Denis, Montreal
97/08/10 - Warfield Theater, San Francisco
95/02/09 - Cambridge Corn Exchange, Cambridge
95/02/07 & 08 Sheffield & Blackpool

There is something wrong with this file... 09/12/02 - Paramount Theater, Oakland. Does not play .. thanks in advance for all your efforts!

I'd use Mediafire over RapidShare. The downloads are faster by at least 50%.
Uploads are faster too!

Tossed some more stuff up on http://mozutd.tumblr.com/ Most culled from other posts this year, things from SmithTorrents or from YouTube.

02/08/11 - Convention Hall, Yuma
02/09/09 - Luther Burbank Center, Santa Rosa
12/03/01 - Cordoba
12/04/27 - Hiroshima Blue Live
12/03/03 - Rosario, Metropolitano
12/03/04 - Buenos Aires, Geba
12/04/23 - Zepp, Tokyo
12/04/21 - Club Citta, Kawasaki, Japan
12/02/26 - Movistar Arena, Santiago, Chile
12/03/11 - Sao Paulo, Brazil

Also started to play with the archives idea in a similar way to MozzBozz. My current idea is to just list all the tour dates by year and then turn them into links once I get audio for a show.

Last edited:
MozRecording

Super effort - many thanks.

A suggestion - why don't you put a sound quality rating next to each show? Hailing from the third world, I have a limit on the amount I can download each month, and so I'd like to pick and choose. I used to use Drifter's superb page in conjunction with Stephane's notes at Passions, and work out the quality of the shows before downloading them. I was up to the Quarry tour before Megaupload was closed down.

I understand Drifter is trying to resurrect his page elsewhere, and look forwards to it. I also suspect Stephane is working on getting Passions up and running again... but until then :)

So, yes, any rating system (A+, A, B +, B etc.) would be awesome.

Cheers in advance :)

Luke

MozRecording

Super effort - many thanks.

A suggestion - why don't you put a sound quality rating next to each show? Hailing from the third world, I have a limit on the amount I can download each month, and so I'd like to pick and choose. I used to use Drifter's superb page in conjunction with Stephane's notes at Passions, and work out the quality of the shows before downloading them. I was up to the Quarry tour before Megaupload was closed down.

I understand Drifter is trying to resurrect his page elsewhere, and look forwards to it. I also suspect Stephane is working on getting Passions up and running again... but until then :)

So, yes, any rating system (A+, A, B +, B etc.) would be awesome.

Cheers in advance :)

Luke

It's always helpful to see a rating of the sound quality i.e. soundboard, good audience, etc. As Luke Action McClure mentions , "PJLM" was great for this sort of thing...

<snip> A suggestion - why don't you put a sound quality rating next to each show? <snip>Luke

It's always helpful to see a rating of the sound quality i.e. soundboard, good audience, etc. As Luke Action McClure mentions , "PJLM" was great for this sort of thing...

100% agree with you both and it's something I'll definitely try to do. My problem at this point is one of time. I'm one week into this and spending most of it trying to gather up as many downloads as I can before they disappear or timeout. I'm reading through archives to find stuff that doesn't reference MegaUpload (which is where a significant amount was), trying to find stuff still up on SmithTorrents (where there seem to be few seeders), digging through other sites and ripping my own collection. I've also spent time trying to organize the backend so it's quick to bring back up when a hosting company goes down, as well as stealing ideas for how the site should work (Thanks Drifter!). One thing I haven't found time to do is listen to the music, much of which I didn't have until now. One of the reasons I went with RapidShare was that I'm able to maintain the download links over long periods of time even without downloads. This should give me room to implement some of the other features like source type and quality info. So please bare with me as I start off on this. I'm committed to the long-term and really do want to have a place where folks can go to find audio for as many shows as possible.

-A Fan

100% agree with you both and it's something I'll definitely try to do. My problem at this point is one of time. I'm one week into this and spending most of it trying to gather up as many downloads as I can before they disappear or timeout. I'm reading through archives to find stuff that doesn't reference MegaUpload (which is where a significant amount was), trying to find stuff still up on SmithTorrents (where there seem to be few seeders), digging through other sites and ripping my own collection. I've also spent time trying to organize the backend so it's quick to bring back up when a hosting company goes down, as well as stealing ideas for how the site should work (Thanks Drifter!). One thing I haven't found time to do is listen to the music, much of which I didn't have until now. One of the reasons I went with RapidShare was that I'm able to maintain the download links over long periods of time even without downloads. This should give me room to implement some of the other features like source type and quality info. So please bare with me as I start off on this. I'm committed to the long-term and really do want to have a place where folks can go to find audio for as many shows as possible.

-A Fan

I respect your intentions but the inherent problem with "grading" bootlegs is that ultimately the quality is in the ear of the listener. What you may call an A, I might call a C+. Similarly, a very good audience recording may pale in comparison to a decent soundboard recording. See where I'm going with this?

Don't get me wrong, I respect your ideas, but I think that any compendium of bootlegs should stick to the basic irrefutable facts: setlists, show date, venue and location, and recording source. The rest is subjective.

The problem is that at this late date, there have been so many shows. Such an undertaking, even on a small scale, would be exhausting. Having said that, it would be a huge favor to new fans and even older fans who aren't bootleg savvy and don't know where to start. I'd have great respect for anyone who would undertake such a project, so good luck, boys. I'm looking forward to seeing such a thing come to fruition.

Added some stuff to mozutd.tumblr.com

2011/12/17 - Congress Theater, Chicago, IL
2011/11/19 - Santa Fe Convention Center, Santa Fe, NM
2011/07/18 - Zitadelle Spandau, Berlin
2011/11/17 - McFarlin Auditorium, Dallas (YouTube rip)
2011/07/08 - Town Hall, Middlesborough
2011/06/24 - Glastonbury Festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, England (YouTube rip)
2011/06/17 - The Ironworks, Inverness, Scotland
2009/11/16 - Tempodrom, Berlin
2009/05/16 - Cambridge Corn Exchange
2009/10/27 - Royal Albert Hall, London
2008/07/04 - o2 Wireless Festival, Hyde Park, London
2007/06/08 - Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA
2007/05/22 - The Pageant, St. Louis, MO
2006/12/17 - Berlin Arena, Treptow, Germany
2002/08/17 - Osaka Summer Sonic (YouTube rip)
2004/10/31 - Hyundai Pavilion, Devore, CA
2004/06/17 - Hultsfreds Hembygdspark, Hultsfred, Sweden (YouTube rip)
1992/09/22 - Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
1992/12/18 - Colston Hall, Bristol
1988/12/22 - Wolverhampton Civic Hall

New uploads to http://mozutd.tumblr.com/

2011/08/08 - The Palladium, London, England
2011/07/30 - Vicar Street, Dublin, Ireland
2011/07/29 - Vicar Street, Dublin, Ireland
2011/07/22 - Klub Studio, Krakow, Poland
2011/06/25 - The Barbican, York, England
2008/01/19 - Aeronef, Lille, France
2007/05/22 - The Pageant, St. Louis, MO, USA
2004/11/04 - Estadio San Carlos de Apoquindo, Santiago, Chile
2002/08/30 - Fillmore Auditorium, Denver, CO, USA
2002/08/29 - Colorado Music Hall, Colorado Springs, CO, USA
1992/10/01 - University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA

...the inherent problem with "grading" bootlegs is that ultimately the quality is in the ear of the listener.

Agreed. I've decided to upload short sample songs instead. Not sure how I'll go about doing it exactly. I'll try and go back and redo the 2012 & 2011 tour date pages this weekend.

-A Fan

Agreed. I've decided to upload short sample songs instead. Not sure how I'll go about doing it exactly. I'll try and go back and redo the 2012 & 2011 tour date pages this weekend.

-A Fan

Great idea. Keep up the good work :)

- A grateful fan that likes all that is good about the mighty morrissey-solo.com

Back
Top Bottom