Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Downloads

  1. #1
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Default Downloads

    I have no idea if this is needed or not, but it seems to me that it might be, so I'll give it a shot. I've bought some space on Rapid Share. I have a number of Moz/Smith live recordings. I figure I'll put them up. MozzBozz used Tumblr so I stole that idea from him. I figure it can't hurt to have another place to go to get shows. I've only posted a couple things I've recorded but am converting my collection and will start hunting down other stuff. Think of me what you will but feel free to follow http://mozutd.tumblr.com/ Worst case, it'll be another place to get shows.

    A Fan

    0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Downloads

    any chance you could get the san diego birthday show?

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    The Highest Trader cesar1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Moz Angeles
    Posts
    193
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Downloads

    Thanks For Sharing!! Cheers mate!

    0 Not allowed!
    Cesar1978

  4. #4
    The If MozRecording's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Downloads

    Added some downloads to http://mozutd.tumblr.com/

    12/02/24 - Vina Del Mar, Chile (YouTube rip)
    02/10/24 - Malmo, Sweden
    02/09/18 - Royal Albert Hall, London
    02/09/14 - Greek Theater, Berkeley
    02/08/22 - McDonald Theater, Eugene
    02/08/10 - Rialto Theater, Tucson
    02/08/09 - Celebrity Theater, Phoenix
    00/03/30 - Luna Park Stadium, Buenos Aires
    97/09/13 - Theatre St. Denis, Montreal
    97/08/10 - Warfield Theater, San Francisco
    95/02/09 - Cambridge Corn Exchange, Cambridge
    95/02/07 & 08 Sheffield & Blackpool

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    The Highest Trader cesar1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Moz Angeles
    Posts
    193
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Downloads

    There is something wrong with this file... 09/12/02 - Paramount Theater, Oakland. Does not play .. thanks in advance for all your efforts!

    0 Not allowed!
    Cesar1978

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney , Australia
    Posts
    1,080
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 31

    Default Re: Downloads

    Thanks for adding the Malmo recording. I lost my hard copy years ago...

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    The If MozRecording's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by cesar1978 View Post
    There is something wrong with this file... 09/12/02 - Paramount Theater, Oakland. Does not play .. thanks in advance for all your efforts!
    Yep. Sorry about that. Working on a fix now.

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    The Highest Trader cesar1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Moz Angeles
    Posts
    193
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Downloads

    Cheers Mate!

    0 Not allowed!
    Cesar1978

  9. #9
    The If MozRecording's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by MozRecording View Post
    Yep. Sorry about that. Working on a fix now.
    Should be all good now. New upload and I tested the download too to make sure it could play. Let me know of any other issues.

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Creative Adult MozAngeles818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Moz Angeles
    Posts
    335
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Downloads

    I'd use Mediafire over RapidShare. The downloads are faster by at least 50%.
    Uploads are faster too!

    0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    The If MozRecording's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by MozAngeles818 View Post
    I'd use Mediafire over RapidShare. The downloads are faster by at least 50%.
    Uploads are faster too!
    I prefer hosting sites that aren't US based. I'll look into others as time goes on though.

    0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    The If MozRecording's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Downloads

    Tossed some more stuff up on http://mozutd.tumblr.com/ Most culled from other posts this year, things from SmithTorrents or from YouTube.

    02/08/11 - Convention Hall, Yuma
    02/09/09 - Luther Burbank Center, Santa Rosa
    12/03/01 - Cordoba
    12/04/27 - Hiroshima Blue Live
    12/03/03 - Rosario, Metropolitano
    12/03/04 - Buenos Aires, Geba
    12/04/23 - Zepp, Tokyo
    12/04/21 - Club Citta, Kawasaki, Japan
    12/02/26 - Movistar Arena, Santiago, Chile
    12/03/11 - Sao Paulo, Brazil

    Also started to play with the archives idea in a similar way to MozzBozz. My current idea is to just list all the tour dates by year and then turn them into links once I get audio for a show.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by MozRecording; July 1, 2012 at 01:45 AM.

  13. #13
    Asian Runt Luke Action McClure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 83

    Default Re: Downloads

    MozRecording

    Super effort - many thanks.

    A suggestion - why don't you put a sound quality rating next to each show? Hailing from the third world, I have a limit on the amount I can download each month, and so I'd like to pick and choose. I used to use Drifter's superb page in conjunction with Stephane's notes at Passions, and work out the quality of the shows before downloading them. I was up to the Quarry tour before Megaupload was closed down.

    I understand Drifter is trying to resurrect his page elsewhere, and look forwards to it. I also suspect Stephane is working on getting Passions up and running again... but until then

    So, yes, any rating system (A+, A, B +, B etc.) would be awesome.

    Cheers in advance

    Luke

    0 Not allowed!
    Looking to the camera/messing around/and pulling faces

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney , Australia
    Posts
    1,080
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 31

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Action McClure View Post
    MozRecording

    Super effort - many thanks.

    A suggestion - why don't you put a sound quality rating next to each show? Hailing from the third world, I have a limit on the amount I can download each month, and so I'd like to pick and choose. I used to use Drifter's superb page in conjunction with Stephane's notes at Passions, and work out the quality of the shows before downloading them. I was up to the Quarry tour before Megaupload was closed down.

    I understand Drifter is trying to resurrect his page elsewhere, and look forwards to it. I also suspect Stephane is working on getting Passions up and running again... but until then

    So, yes, any rating system (A+, A, B +, B etc.) would be awesome.

    Cheers in advance

    Luke



    It's always helpful to see a rating of the sound quality i.e. soundboard, good audience, etc. As Luke Action McClure mentions , "PJLM" was great for this sort of thing...

    0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    The If MozRecording's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Action McClure View Post
    <snip> A suggestion - why don't you put a sound quality rating next to each show? <snip>Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by 123xyz View Post
    It's always helpful to see a rating of the sound quality i.e. soundboard, good audience, etc. As Luke Action McClure mentions , "PJLM" was great for this sort of thing...
    100% agree with you both and it's something I'll definitely try to do. My problem at this point is one of time. I'm one week into this and spending most of it trying to gather up as many downloads as I can before they disappear or timeout. I'm reading through archives to find stuff that doesn't reference MegaUpload (which is where a significant amount was), trying to find stuff still up on SmithTorrents (where there seem to be few seeders), digging through other sites and ripping my own collection. I've also spent time trying to organize the backend so it's quick to bring back up when a hosting company goes down, as well as stealing ideas for how the site should work (Thanks Drifter!). One thing I haven't found time to do is listen to the music, much of which I didn't have until now. One of the reasons I went with RapidShare was that I'm able to maintain the download links over long periods of time even without downloads. This should give me room to implement some of the other features like source type and quality info. So please bare with me as I start off on this. I'm committed to the long-term and really do want to have a place where folks can go to find audio for as many shows as possible.

    -A Fan

    0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Senior Junior Member Blue Toe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by MozRecording View Post
    100% agree with you both and it's something I'll definitely try to do. My problem at this point is one of time. I'm one week into this and spending most of it trying to gather up as many downloads as I can before they disappear or timeout. I'm reading through archives to find stuff that doesn't reference MegaUpload (which is where a significant amount was), trying to find stuff still up on SmithTorrents (where there seem to be few seeders), digging through other sites and ripping my own collection. I've also spent time trying to organize the backend so it's quick to bring back up when a hosting company goes down, as well as stealing ideas for how the site should work (Thanks Drifter!). One thing I haven't found time to do is listen to the music, much of which I didn't have until now. One of the reasons I went with RapidShare was that I'm able to maintain the download links over long periods of time even without downloads. This should give me room to implement some of the other features like source type and quality info. So please bare with me as I start off on this. I'm committed to the long-term and really do want to have a place where folks can go to find audio for as many shows as possible.

    -A Fan
    I respect your intentions but the inherent problem with "grading" bootlegs is that ultimately the quality is in the ear of the listener. What you may call an A, I might call a C+. Similarly, a very good audience recording may pale in comparison to a decent soundboard recording. See where I'm going with this?

    Don't get me wrong, I respect your ideas, but I think that any compendium of bootlegs should stick to the basic irrefutable facts: setlists, show date, venue and location, and recording source. The rest is subjective.

    The problem is that at this late date, there have been so many shows. Such an undertaking, even on a small scale, would be exhausting. Having said that, it would be a huge favor to new fans and even older fans who aren't bootleg savvy and don't know where to start. I'd have great respect for anyone who would undertake such a project, so good luck, boys. I'm looking forward to seeing such a thing come to fruition.

    0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    The If MozRecording's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Downloads

    Added some stuff to mozutd.tumblr.com

    2011/12/17 - Congress Theater, Chicago, IL
    2011/11/19 - Santa Fe Convention Center, Santa Fe, NM
    2011/07/18 - Zitadelle Spandau, Berlin
    2011/11/17 - McFarlin Auditorium, Dallas (YouTube rip)
    2011/07/08 - Town Hall, Middlesborough
    2011/06/24 - Glastonbury Festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, England (YouTube rip)
    2011/06/17 - The Ironworks, Inverness, Scotland
    2009/11/16 - Tempodrom, Berlin
    2009/05/16 - Cambridge Corn Exchange
    2009/10/27 - Royal Albert Hall, London
    2008/07/04 - o2 Wireless Festival, Hyde Park, London
    2007/06/08 - Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA
    2007/05/22 - The Pageant, St. Louis, MO
    2006/12/17 - Berlin Arena, Treptow, Germany
    2002/08/17 - Osaka Summer Sonic (YouTube rip)
    2004/10/31 - Hyundai Pavilion, Devore, CA
    2004/06/17 - Hultsfreds Hembygdspark, Hultsfred, Sweden (YouTube rip)
    1992/09/22 - Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
    1992/12/18 - Colston Hall, Bristol
    1988/12/22 - Wolverhampton Civic Hall

    0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    The If MozRecording's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Downloads

    New uploads to http://mozutd.tumblr.com/

    2011/08/08 - The Palladium, London, England
    2011/07/30 - Vicar Street, Dublin, Ireland
    2011/07/29 - Vicar Street, Dublin, Ireland
    2011/07/22 - Klub Studio, Krakow, Poland
    2011/06/25 - The Barbican, York, England
    2008/01/19 - Aeronef, Lille, France
    2007/05/22 - The Pageant, St. Louis, MO, USA
    2004/11/04 - Estadio San Carlos de Apoquindo, Santiago, Chile
    2002/08/30 - Fillmore Auditorium, Denver, CO, USA
    2002/08/29 - Colorado Music Hall, Colorado Springs, CO, USA
    1992/10/01 - University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA

    0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    The If MozRecording's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,042
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Toe View Post
    ...the inherent problem with "grading" bootlegs is that ultimately the quality is in the ear of the listener.
    Agreed. I've decided to upload short sample songs instead. Not sure how I'll go about doing it exactly. I'll try and go back and redo the 2012 & 2011 tour date pages this weekend.

    -A Fan

    0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Asian Runt Luke Action McClure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 83

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by MozRecording View Post
    Agreed. I've decided to upload short sample songs instead. Not sure how I'll go about doing it exactly. I'll try and go back and redo the 2012 & 2011 tour date pages this weekend.

    -A Fan
    Great idea. Keep up the good work

    - A grateful fan that likes all that is good about the mighty morrissey-solo.com

    0 Not allowed!
    Looking to the camera/messing around/and pulling faces

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. download something useful or useless
    By phenland in forum General Discussion archive 2000 (read-only)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 15, 2000, 04:35 PM
  2. Free download
    By Bruce McConnell in forum General Discussion archive 2000 (read-only)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 8, 2000, 05:26 PM
  3. Anyone know where i can download Klaus Nomi &quot;Wayward Sisters&quot; Mp3
    By Dj Rockadoo in forum General Discussion archive 2000 (read-only)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 20, 2000, 02:35 PM
  4. Some one please give me that guys site that has the downloads of all the tour intro music
    By Inept Guy in forum General Discussion archive 2000 (read-only)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 12, 2000, 12:53 AM
  5. Morrissey/TheSmiths live&amp;rare MP3s for download!!!
    By Miroslav in forum General Discussion archive 2000 (read-only)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 3, 2000, 08:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •