I have an extra ticket for Terminal 5, Sat, Oct. 13th

N

NewYorkCityGirl

I bought a ticket through the pre-sale and as it turns out my dad bought one for me as a surprise. It's an e-ticket that I purchased through Ticketmaster so I can just email it to you as a PDF. I am willing to sell it for face value and will eat the cost of the Ticketmaster fees. If anyone is interested please let me know. Thank you!

I bought a ticket through the pre-sale and as it turns out my dad bought one for me as a surprise. It's an e-ticket that I purchased through Ticketmaster so I can just email it to you as a PDF. I am willing to sell it for face value and will eat the cost of the Ticketmaster fees. If anyone is interested please let me know. Thank you!

How does that work then? What's to stop people from selling it over and over again?

I am selling it via PayPal and PayPal is usually pretty good at resolving disputes regarding fraudulent transactions. Obviously whoever ultimately purchases it also has my full name and info in case there's a problem in the event that my dad was attempting to defraud me somehow which is unlikely. It actually didn't occur to me to send my phone number, etc. to the potential buyer (who has my email with my real name), but now that you've brought it up that's a good idea.

I completely understand your point. I just wanted to avoid StubHub, etc. because I am afraid they're a scam- I know they're owned by Ebay, but I found very negative consumer reports about them. I also don't want to be out a ton of money and my dad was a bit annoyed by the situation, so I figured this was the best solution.

I am selling it via PayPal and PayPal is usually pretty good at resolving disputes regarding fraudulent transactions. Obviously whoever ultimately purchases it also has my full name and info in case there's a problem in the event that my dad was attempting to defraud me somehow which is unlikely. It actually didn't occur to me to send my phone number, etc. to the potential buyer (who has my email with my real name), but now that you've brought it up that's a good idea.

I completely understand your point. I just wanted to avoid StubHub, etc. because I am afraid they're a scam- I know they're owned by Ebay, but I found very negative consumer reports about them. I also don't want to be out a ton of money and my dad was a bit annoyed by the situation, so I figured this was the best solution.

Sorry, I wasn't accusing you but rather wondering how e-tickets protect the buyer from it being not a fraudulent ticket but one that has been sold many times over by the seller.

What's to stop anyone with an e-ticket selling it a number of times?

Isn't that the appeal of digital media? That it can be sold repeatedly without actually producing a physical product?

Ultimately, what protection is there for the buyer to be assured they have the only copy of the ticket?

What's to stop anyone with an e-ticket selling it a number of times?

Isn't that the appeal of digital media? That it can be sold repeatedly without actually producing a physical product?

Ultimately, what protection is there for the buyer to be assured they have the only copy of the ticket?

Yes, you could sell a ticket over and over... and I'm sure it's been done by some unscrupulous people. The ticket can only be scanned once.... so any duplicated ticket would be denied entry.

This is why it's better to deal with these things online. That way you're tied to them in the transaction... eBay or PayPal will protect you in the event you've been scammed. I've seen actual scalpers outside of gigs with printed e-tickets for sale and I would never touch those... if you get scammed, you have zero protection when paying cash. You just need to use your head and defer to your better judgement.

Well if you order it through Ticketmaster I really, really hope there's no way the same ticket got sold twice. With a site like StubHub they require the seller's credit card so that if there's any sort of problem with the ticket being fake, etc. then the purchaser is refunded using the seller's card. The reason why I chose not to do that is I found on a consumer fraud site (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/entertainment/stubhub.html) that the buyer theoretically could go to a show, get in with no problem, but call StubHub after the fact and say the ticket was fake and they seem to err on the side of the buyer- although some of those stories also seem to contradict that, so who knows. Either way, the site seems fishy and I'd rather not deal with it.

As Tom stated, if you purchase online using a site like PayPal they resolve disputes similar to Ebay or Amazon so if someone sold fake tickets through that they would probably get refunded pretty quickly.

I kind of went on a monologue, but the point is, if you're going to resell a ticket over and over it's a bad idea to do it through a website like the ones I just listed above because you'll probably get caught and be on the hook for it.

Anyway, I very rarely get physical tickets because I'm a cheapskate and don't want to pay for shipping (same reason why my Dad just emailed them to me). Radio City seems to require physical tickets though so my Moz tickets for that are real tickets and I had to pick up my Florence + the Machine tickets at the door when I saw them there.

Also- the ticket I had is no longer available in case anyone comes by here wanting it.

Back
Top Bottom