Kristeen Young interview at Ask Me

Originally posted at All You Need Is Morrissey:

There's a very interesting new interview with KY here:
http://www.askmeaskmeask.me/kristeen-young/

via Twitter: @AskMeX3

It also says Johnny Marr will be interviewed next.

Excerpts:

...Do you get nervous before a performance?
Maybe. I get more nervous about talking than singing. Morrissey is always encouraging me to talk more. Hmm. I don’t know why that is……because I go see bands all the time and they rarely speak.

...“Life’s Not Short, It’s Sooo Long” is one of my favorite songs. It touches me because I read the lyrics as being about pining for a different life, wanting to be rescued from one’s circumstances, which I relate to. What were you longing for and have you found it?
Well, that feeling goes way back and has been consistent in my life. Morrissey says it’s my life’s theme song, but I don’t know. I do know that nothing has been quick in my life and I’ve always felt imprisoned by something. When I was living at home it was home and waiting to get the hell out of there, then, as an adult, it turned into other things — waiting to be acknowledged, waiting for kindness. I finally feel like things are starting to open up a bit for me for the first time after all this time.

...Your last two videos, “Fantastic Failure” and “I’ll Get You Back”, were shot in Missouri? How did it feel to be shooting at home? Are you a local celebrity?

No, I’m not a local celebrity. I’m known other places a lot more. I think the press there has issues with me that I don’t understand. When I lived there they treated me like such a joke — making fun of me all the time. Then, when I left and started working with artists they respect, they seemed like they resented it. I remember one time Tony Visconti guested at one of my shows there (in St. Louis). He played bass on a couple of songs. The press said “Are we supposed to be impressed and feel privileged that she brought some big time producer to play with her.” Umm, maybe I just thought it would be a treat because so many tours skip St. Louis completely. So, I guess, YES, you were meant to enjoy it. I learned my lesson. Never again.

It’s puzzling. In 2009, I think, Morrissey played there. I wasn’t opening, but he complimented me (on stage) and the press reported it as being sarcastic. I mean, it was such a leap to say that it was sarcastic. That’s the old hometown. Everyone has one. I can deal with it. There are worse things.

...You’ve toured quite a bit with Morrissey. How have you changed since first meeting him? Has he influenced your work?
Oh, gosh. I was a mess when I met him. I don’t know what he saw in me and I’m sure many feel the same way. He’s taught me so much — how to talk to people, how to talk at all. I was always a decent writer, but I had problems with actual speaking. Also, life had been so hard for so many years — I was always on the defensive — just ready for the shit to be slung — always ready for the fight. I was a wild thing. He dealt with me in a very loving way and I became warm again. Strange how that works. Also, the validation I feel from him has changed my life. I am stronger.

Last edited:
Skylarker, as far as I am concerned you lost all credibility.

And being an anonymous poster who can barely swallow their own food properly (let alone spell or appear semi-coherent) makes you the internet's Walter Cronkite...gotcha.

You are just one of those who call a superior intellect in Kristeen Young that you'd call dumb assessness if another person would utter the same thing.

It is so nice that you possess the ability to read the thoughts of a complete stranger on top of your mind-numbing intellect. I'm jealous.

(cannot be bothered about the spelling in your language)

Now if only you could not be bothered to pay your electric bill...

Besides I do not agree that humans are animals.
210332245067221733_4ntnAAlL_b.jpg

You are, I am not.

Taste that? That is science teabagging the shit outta you right now...

So the generalisation in itself is wrong to start with.

Only it's not wrong. You are. As usual.

Besides to me her post only shows once more that people surrounding Morrissey are very quick in picking things up from others.

You may have a point...however, it seems the one thing no one can pick up from Morrissey is a paycheck.

You are more stupid than I thought you could possibly be. So you are really claiming that you are from a monkey? Do you have monkey hair all over your body?

I am not from a rib either. I was naturally born by my mother.

You may have a point...however, it seems the one thing no one can pick up from Morrissey is a paycheck.

If this were the case I wonder how Boz manages to pay his backliner so well.

You are more stupid than I thought you could possibly be. So you are really claiming that you are from a monkey? Do you have monkey hair all over your body?

First of all, yes you have hair all over your body. I realise you are probably only aware of the hair on your palms but if you look closely enough that stuff is everywhere.

Secondly, no we did not come from monkeys. Humans share a common ancestor with modern apes. Books contain words as well as pictures.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. This is from a recent Facebook post of hers:

"I can't stand when people say they like animals and not people, and here are the 3 reasons why it doesn't ring true and/or it's just gross: 1. People are animals 2. SO, it's self-hatred 3. You like "animals" more because you are in the control position (ie. "they can't talk back", etc.) AND you are mostly talking about domesticated animals. Put you in a circle of lions and lets see if you like animals more."

Perfect. She could babble incoherencies from this point onward and that one statement alone would still stand as proof of her superior intellect.

1. Sure.In the sense you are not working at Wal-Mart right ?
2)So how much love have you exhibited today?
3)And yet this woman has no comprehension of the cool photos I have seen of people who have laid right up next to an animal.
What a disappointment.I am tired of these self important people who really are just too grateful to be egotistical with no objectivity .Facebook page of lovely photos of animal compassion proves it .
I'm sorry you have your period.Other women get it too.Has she tried to be around lions? What happened? If she was not being pretentious and superficial she might understand people WHO DO and have no issues.

3)And yet this woman has no comprehension of the cool photos I have seen of people who have laid right up next to an animal.
What a disappointment.I am tired of these self important people who really are just too grateful to be egotistical with no objectivity .Facebook page of lovely photos of animal compassion proves it .
I'm sorry you have your period.Other women get it too.Has she tried to be around lions? What happened? If she was not being pretentious and superficial she might understand people WHO DO and have no issues.

tumblr_lo6s40A7iR1qmt8ipo1_500.gif

^nice, don't see Peter Lorre everyday :)
and uhh, so the site continues to be mainly anonymous baiting by trolls mixed with (sometimes witty :thumb:) responses to them
all in all though, what a shame :straightface:
is it really this or nothing?
shit man, I'd rather see some banned people let back then more of this :eek:

I've finally read her post on FB. Not impressed with her train of thought-along with the comment about everyone getting their claws out--I was like "what grade are we in?" She's assuming that EVERYONE is like that. I simply prefer animals to people. I see nothing wrong with that. I have no issues with people for the most part, just prefer animals. I deal with people daily and manage to get along fairly well with them. She's a bit immature and I wonder about her interpersonal skills with others or even her coping skills. She does seem a bit pretentious and a bit snotty, clumping all into one category. Whatever Kristeen, whatever.

I've finally read her post on FB. Not impressed with her train of thought-along with the comment about everyone getting their claws out--I was like "what grade are we in?" She's assuming that EVERYONE is like that. I simply prefer animals to people. I see nothing wrong with that. I have no issues with people for the most part, just prefer animals. I deal with people daily and manage to get along fairly well with them. She's a bit immature and I wonder about her interpersonal skills with others or even her coping skills. She does seem a bit pretentious and a bit snotty, clumping all into one category. Whatever Kristeen, whatever.

Firefox red flags the word "Kristeen" as a possible typing error.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. This is from a recent Facebook post of hers:

"I can't stand when people say they like animals and not people, and here are the 3 reasons why it doesn't ring true and/or it's just gross: 1. People are animals 2. SO, it's self-hatred 3. You like "animals" more because you are in the control position (ie. "they can't talk back", etc.) AND you are mostly talking about domesticated animals. Put you in a circle of lions and lets see if you like animals more."

Perfect. She could babble incoherencies from this point onward and that one statement alone would still stand as proof of her superior intellect.

This is not a proof of her superior intellect, it's just a citation of a famous paradox of Nietsche, well, maybe this would mean that KY reads a lot or use to listening to erudite conversation!

I would take Cardinal fans over Morrissey fans. On this very message board I've had death treats against myself, my kids, and pets and a stalker. Let's not forget Mike Methey never had a fan kicked out Busch stadium for something written about him on a message board.

This is not a proof of her superior intellect, it's just a citation of a famous paradox of Nietsche, well, maybe this would mean that KY reads a lot or use to listening to erudite conversation!

Agreed definately not proof of any superior intellect. Anyone can use a citation. She may or may not read alot and be used to listening to erudite concersation but I wonder about her comprehension level. You can cite all you want. I'm not impressed by her on ANY level.

I don't know much about Nietzsche outside small amounts of knowledge surrounding his thoughts of 'superman' and the eternal becoming. Could you point me to this strain of thought? I'd be interested to read it. thanks.

I think it still is a thriving audience community. Everyone here has their own opinion and is very much entitled to it. Wish she would just GO AWAY. Seems like Ms Young can't take criticism, needs to grow a thicker skin.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom