Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: US tour dates announced

Junior Member thisiswhyilikeyou's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I envy all you east coasters who can drive to multiple gigs. Does anyone else get shit-talked by family and friends for pursuing multiple Moz gigs? I'm going to San Francisco and Davis only, and am catching slack because I "just saw him in Stockton ". I find that people just don't UNDERSTAND how Morrissey affects people (his fans). He is a tremendous human being, and its an honor to be in his presence. It is an incredible experience singing his lyrics along with him. Worth every penny of however many pennies you have to spare!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 8

Default Re: US tour dates announced

Quote Originally Posted by thisiswhyilikeyou View Post
    Does anyone else get shit-talked by family and friends for pursuing multiple Moz gigs?
    oh yeah (understandably)

0 Not allowed!

Be work of art or wear 1 goinghome's Avatar
    Thumbs Up

Call to arms for American Morrissey fans - http://www.tinymixtapes.com/news/mor...a-on-fall-tour

Win tickets to Chicago show - http://wxrt.radio.com/2012/06/18/win...esale-giveway/

Trouble with a ticket competition - http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/b...test-language/

0 Not allowed!

Anonymous

I envy all you east coasters who can drive to multiple gigs. Does anyone else get shit-talked by family and friends for pursuing multiple Moz gigs? I'm going to San Francisco and Davis only, and am catching slack because I "just saw him in Stockton ". I find that people just don't UNDERSTAND how Morrissey affects people (his fans). He is a tremendous human being, and its an honor to be in his presence. It is an incredible experience singing his lyrics along with him. Worth every penny of however many pennies you have to spare!
    Agree 100%, with family and a career, it can get tough to follow the man to multiple gigs, but I always do my best to make it happen.

See you in SF, and maybe Davis if I can "figure it out."~

0 Not allowed!

alcoholic afternoons candydarling's Avatar
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    There was plenty of information on the Rapids Theatre website about when/what time the tickets were on sale. So...

Also: I just called Ticketmaster about this GA1, GA2 crap. I was told it's just GA, there's nothing sectioned off. The numbering is for inventory purposes only.
    That's great to know! Thanks for posting.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 12

I have been berated by family and friends all week about going to multiple Morrissey shows. First I spent way too much money, in their opinion, on a Radio City ticket and also got an Atlantic City ticket and now there are two more shows in New York City and of course I want to go to both of these as well. No one understands my love for Morrissey. I am very lucky to have so many shows to go to and I don't even have a car. I take the subway and to New Jersey, a bus. Even before the shows everyone picked on me all the time for talking about him too much and listening to his music too much and spending too much money on his records and merchandise. I don't know why people who are supposed to love me want to shit all over my happiness.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Just wait until they hear about the Viva Hate tattoo I'm getting. I may be obsessed but it makes me happy, and I am rarely made happy by anything. What's the problem? If I want to act "crazy", it's my choice and my life. Okay I'll shut up now.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 14

No, there was not a lottery
    Quote Originally Posted by ThievesLikeUs View Post
    RobLand:

No lottery?

Up here in cincy they always do a lottery, no matter how small the line is.Really quite lame.

0 Not allowed!
    RobLand

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 14

Thanks!
    I was the 2nd person in line... only about 30 others when I left at Noon.
    Quote Originally Posted by oranjpekoe View Post

Awesome. Good for you. Were there a lot of other people physically there 2 buy tickets as well?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by RobLand; June 24, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
    RobLand

Quote Originally Posted by candydarling View Post
    That's great to know! Thanks for posting.
    That was me No problem! I kinda tweaked when I read about this myself!

0 Not allowed!

Junior Member thisiswhyilikeyou's Avatar
    Thumbs Up

Post Re: US tour dates announced

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Girl View Post
    I have been berated by family and friends all week about going to multiple Morrissey shows. First I spent way too much money, in their opinion, on a Radio City ticket and also got an Atlantic City ticket and now there are two more shows in New York City and of course I want to go to both of these as well. No one understands my love for Morrissey. I am very lucky to have so many shows to go to and I don't even have a car. I take the subway and to New Jersey, a bus. Even before the shows everyone picked on me all the time for talking about him too much and listening to his music too much and spending too much money on his records and merchandise. I don't know why people who are supposed to love me want to shit all over my happiness.
    I know exactly what you mean. Who is to say what is "too much", when something is so very meaningful to you. There are not too many bands that I would spend any money to go see these days, and I don't follow celebrities or act nutty about anyone else, but have been a big fan of Morrissey since Smiths days 1985, and his lyrics and principles hold a lot of meaning for me. He touches people and is amazing. Just in case he doesn't continue to tour for many many years to come, I want to have the opportunity to see him while I can, and if that turns out to be a couple of times in 1 week or several in a year that's fine with me. Please don't shit on the Moz Parade friends and family. This is love, loyalty and dedication for a talented man who has earned it! He's given us the songs that saved our lives, after all...

0 Not allowed!
    "It may all end tomorrow. Or it could go on forever, in which case I'm doomed."

Anonymous

Does anyone know anything about his show in Reno? I want to go, but there's nothing on the venue's website, nothing on ticketmaster and the only tickets I can find are a handful on scalper sites for 250-450 a piece.

Any info would be truly appreciated!!!

0 Not allowed!

Anonymous

I know exactly what you mean. Who is to say what is "too much", when something is so very meaningful to you. There are not too many bands that I would spend any money to go see these days, and I don't follow celebrities or act nutty about anyone else, but have been a big fan of Morrissey since Smiths days 1985, and his lyrics and principles hold a lot of meaning for me. He touches people and is amazing. Just in case he doesn't continue to tour for many many years to come, I want to have the opportunity to see him while I can, and if that turns out to be a couple of times in 1 week or several in a year that's fine with me. Please don't shit on the Moz Parade friends and family. This is love, loyalty and dedication for a talented man who has earned it! He's given us the songs that saved our lives, after all...
    AMEN!! Could not have said it better my left. Took the words right out of my mouth

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by treygar View Post
    looks like I'll be at Clear Lake and Lincoln shows - and running into/avoiding at all costs some familiar faces from the days I lived in Texas. Always entertaining. Still contemplating Wichita Falls or Minnesota depending on what seats I can find. Fun tour though love it. Hoping to run into the girl that stood next to me at Santa Fe last year or my always favorite and out of reach dreamgirl aka the purple sweater girl at which point I'll propose to either of them on the spot. Insert at any time 'I hope he plays _______-' boys and girls to keep me amused for at least five minutes.

As an aside, if he adds Tomorrow to the setlist I could say my heart will be less empty....
    Don't flatter yourself. No one in TX (well I can only speak for myself) gives 2 shits about you much less wanting to speak to you so have no fear of running/avoiding our familiar faces. We have nothing to say either...

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Girl View Post
    I don't know why people who are supposed to love me want to shit all over my happiness.
    They aren't shitting on your happiness because they want you to be less happy. They just don't understand. I don't have the same emotional attachment that I once had but there was a time that everything in my life revolved around Morrissey and The Smiths. Buying all the records, going to as many shows as I could but it ran much deeper than that. It was the most powerful thing in my life. I think there are many people here who can relate to you. Your family and friends probably never had something this meaningful in their lives and so they are saying these things because they think they are helping you. They want you to see it their way because that is the only way they know.

It will be a great time. I've seen Morrissey in so many places and I've never been disappointed with the money I've spent. Some shows are better than others but the worst one I ever went to was still brilliant.

0 Not allowed!
    "Cried over my supper, it revived. Got off the table... started to fly."

Moz is the reason xcesarrisseyx's Avatar
    Thumbs Up

Morrissey is the reason! :')

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Smile Re: US tour dates announced

Quote Originally Posted by bored View Post
    They aren't shitting on your happiness because they want you to be less happy. They just don't understand. I don't have the same emotional attachment that I once had but there was a time that everything in my life revolved around Morrissey and The Smiths. Buying all the records, going to as many shows as I could but it ran much deeper than that. It was the most powerful thing in my life. I think there are many people here who can relate to you. Your family and friends probably never had something this meaningful in their lives and so they are saying these things because they think they are helping you. They want you to see it their way because that is the only way they know.

It will be a great time. I've seen Morrissey in so many places and I've never been disappointed with the money I've spent. Some shows are better than others but the worst one I ever went to was still brilliant.
    Thanks for that.

0 Not allowed!

all i ask of you...
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by osiris View Post
    Don't flatter yourself. No one in TX (well I can only speak for myself) gives 2 shits about you much less wanting to speak to you so have no fear of running/avoiding our familiar faces. We have nothing to say either...
    Not giving two shits about someone and then having that incredible urge to post so is hilariously ironic. You make it too easy. See ya soon!

0 Not allowed!
    ...looking for my own purple sweater girl to twirl....

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by treygar View Post
    Not giving two shits about someone and then having that incredible urge to post so is hilariously ironic. You make it too easy. See ya soon!
    I'm not the one that started rehashing out the past. Let it go already!

0 Not allowed!

Anonymous

I just bought my tickets for the niagara falls NY show, I will be travelling from Toronto see the show with a few friends, I love you Moz but cmon you have to stop disrespecting your Canadian fans, I've been a huge fan since 84 and this wearing thin now..do a benefit concert and raise awareness for PETA but really doesnt make sense anymore....

0 Not allowed!