the baseball thread (2012)

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
dodgers-logo.jpg

With the no court trial to look forward to :rolleyes: hockey season over(yay Kings!) :) basketball season all but over(at least here in L.A.) :tears:
sports thoughts now turn completely to the game that matters most.
And at 40 & 23 my Dodgers not only have the best record and baseball, but more importantly are up 4.5 games on the hated Giants, ahh yes, the Giants, probably the worst thing about living in San Francisco for more than 5 years was having to keep quiet about how I felt about the hated foe, especially at the bar. Still, I did place my father's Dodger's cap in my bedroom window(facing out) and it took almost 4 years before someone threw a rock threw it, I doubt it would have taken so long in L.A. if one hung a Giants cap from there 2nd story window.
More about the boys in blue, probably the most remarkable thing about their .635 winning percentage is that they have done much of it without
i

their best player, Matt Kemp(better known to some as Rihanna's ex, the one who did NOT beat her up :cool:)

what about your team? do you bleed Dodger blue as well?
if not, its OK, I know there use to be some Yankee fans here, but they are gone now I think :confused:

Last edited:
^Andre is really carrying the offense with Kemp out
hopefully they can get another big hitter by the trade deadline
otherwise I fear for them as we go later into the season...

I have the misfortune of being an astros fan, although, there are definite signs of something to look forward to. I need to get out to the ballpark soon

Rangers+retro+Logo.gif

As a Texas Rangers fan, I hope Josh Hamilton gets to feeling well enough to start tomorrow in SD against the Padres.

Cruz, Kinsler, Beltre, and Justin Grimm -in his MLB pitching debut- did amazing this weekend with wins over the, uh, ...the Astros.:o

I have the misfortune of being an astros fan

Last edited:
Rangers+retro+Logo.gif

As a Texas Rangers fan, I hope Josh Hamilton gets to feeling well enough to start tomorrow in SD against the Padres.

But, even without him, Cruz, Kinsler, & Beltre did amazing this weekend, over uh...the Astros.:o
No offense to the dodgers fans but I realy think the rangers are the best team in baseball. Matt kemp, however, is a beast. It is really remarkable. He's improved his already great skills.

No offense to the dodgers fans but I realy think the rangers are the best team in baseball. Matt kemp, however, is a beast. It is really remarkable. He's improved his already great skills.

Yeah, Texas is the best team at NOT winning the only games worth winning...THE WORLD SERIES. As Billie Bean once said, "If you don't win the last game of the season, it means nothing!" Texas has YET to win the most important game. Go back to talking about hubby, you're way out of your depth regarding baseball, Theo.

from what I have read, the Rangers are good, but hard to think of them beating the Yankees
as for my Dodgers, they continue to do wonders, next up is 3 at Oakland, if I still lived in the Bay area, I am sure I would have gone to one of those games...

ps: didn't I read somewhere that the Astros are moving to the AL next year?

from what I have read, the Rangers are good, but hard to think of them beating the Yankees
as for my Dodgers, they continue to do wonders, next up is 3 at Oakland, if I still lived in the Bay area, I am sure I would have gone to one of those games...

ps: didn't I read somewhere that the Astros are moving to the AL next year?

That's correct. When the owner bought the team, one of the conditions was that he move them to the al.

well, with all the injuries the Dodgers have sustained, losing their lead on the Giants had to happen sometime
perhaps it is better it was sooner rather than later?
that is they trade some future prospects for taking on some other teams soon to be free agent, power hitting 1st or 3rd baseman
lord knows there is more than one of them out there on other teams at the bottom half of the league, but usually the kind which can only be gotten before the trading deadline
here's hoping the Dodgers hear my prayer...

well, with all the injuries the Dodgers have sustained, losing their lead on the Giants had to happen sometime
perhaps it is better it was sooner rather than later?
that is they trade some future prospects for taking on some other teams soon to be free agent, power hitting 1st or 3rd baseman
lord knows there is more than one of them out there on other teams at the bottom half of the league, but usually the kind which can only be gotten before the trading deadline
here's hoping the Dodgers hear my prayer...
seem s to me that the astro may get rid of carlos lee who can still hit. Wishful thinking it may be though.

seem s to me that the astro may get rid of carlos lee who can still hit. Wishful thinking it may be though.

he is indeed one of the first baseman I was thinking of, though paying him about half of his 18 million dollar contract does seems unlikely, I fear the new Dodger owners might not make any big moves this season* because they just got the team
I hope I am wrong
also, of the 2 cold hitting guys at 1st and 3rd, really Juan Uribe is the one that must go
however, 3rd baseman worth going after, even for only half a season are more hard to come by than 1st baseman...

*=the big contract for Either was more about future seasons

Last edited:
I guess my wishful thinking was on the money as the dodgers were trading for it only to have lee veto

Lets go Reds ! Beat the Dodgers this weekend. Sorry Robby but I think Cincinnati will win the series over the 4th of July . One of the Reds broadcasters said the team LA has on the field is basicly the Albuquerque Dukes !! (their AAA club) Unbelievable the amount of people hurt !

Lets go Reds ! Beat the Dodgers this weekend. Sorry Robby but I think Cincinnati will win the series over the 4th of July . One of the Reds broadcasters said the team LA has on the field is basicly the Albuquerque Dukes !! (their AAA club) Unbelievable the amount of people hurt !

Good thing for the dodgers that matt kemp is coming back next week

well, the continued Dodger collapse was very painful to watch in person this weekend :mad:
but I still got tickets to another game on August 20th, if this is to be my final Dodger game, I want it to be against the Giants :o
still, they could make a trade for another starting pitcher, or hitter at one of the corners, or both and who knows what they could do this year :rolleyes:

are you leaving georgia?
I am on vaca in Socal for til Sep...

Back
Top Bottom