Morrissey makes Daily Caller's "Dumbest Political Quotes of the Week" poll

Morrissey has made the Daily Caller's "Dumbest Political Quotes of the Week," which is currently a Top Story (on the front page) on Yahoo! in the U.S.

http://news.yahoo.com/limbaugh--morrissey--perry--the-dumbest-political-quotes-of-the-week.html
Erstwhile Smith’s crooner Morrissey is best known for his moody/fabulous 80s tunes, but he also apparently has some passionate views about worldwide politics. Last Friday, he told Juice Online that he thinks the British royal family is "the most overpaid and most utterly useless people on the planet.”

And when it came to the American president, Morrissey’s ridicule was less-pointed, and much stranger. He called President Barack Obama “simply a set of teeth, and useless in every other regard."

Not to split hairs, but Obama is more than a set of teeth, seeing as he also has a torso, arms and legs. It’s a fact!

Cringe Factor: 3/5

UPDATE June 14, 7:30AM PT:

An anonymous person sends the screenshot from Colbernation.com:

morrisseyoncolbert.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey makes Daily Caller's "Dumbest Political Quotes of the Week" po

He is right in regards of Obama who also speaks using a lazy sssss sound to make him sound as if he is of a posh background. Obama has not contributed to anything during his presidency and will defo be sent packing later this year.

Moz as always is spot on when it comes to his worldwide reflections. Wish his music was as good.

I cannot believe, for the first time.....I actually agree with Moz on something.

Why is this in the 'Dumbest Political Quotes of the Week?' I don't know much of Obama, but I am certain he hasn't done much during his time as president; anything with significance at least. And the royal family, they do virtually nothing at all save take our hard earned money and squander it on their fancy Jubilee and Wedding processions.

Then again, it is not politically correct to say such things, so naturally the press has to subdue and twist it, just like they do with anything Morrissey or anyone outspoken says.

Re: Article: Morrissey makes Daily Caller's "Dumbest Political Quotes of the Week" po

Seeing as how the McCain/Palin duo was the other choice... doing "nothing" is far preferable to bombing us all off the planet and certainly a damn site better to the previous administration led by war criminals. The fact is Obama has done far more good than most wish to admit, but then I don't expect human beings to be rational. I hope it's not Brits writing about the USA gov't. If your country has a Queen in 2012, now that's a cringe factor of a 10.

Last I heard most of the royals devote their lives to charity work. It's not working in a coal mine, but it is work and good work at that. Any of you walked through a landmine recently?

You may not like them for whatever reason, but at least be honest.

Considering all the money he spends on clothing and candles, Moz's hatred of the BRF is likely because of historical ethnic conflict and an inferiority complex more than anything else.

Really, how is that a dumb political quote? What a bunch of literal-minded idiots. I nearly fell off my chair laughing, it's brilliant. Outrageously unreasonable and quite untrue and absolutely hilarious.

Last I heard most of the royals devote their lives to charity work. It's not working in a coal mine, but it is work and good work at that. Any of you walked through a landmine recently?

The royals may devote their lives to charity, but the money they get in order to fund the charity comes from the pockets of the general public. Additionally, if one studies the motives of why the royals devote themselves to charity, it isn't because they care, it is because they don't want to appear the useless, greedy tools which they are so that the people won't stand up against them. Anyone with intellegence should realise that anyone in a position of power only does certain deeds to ensure that they don't lose their position, and the royals are no exception to that.

The royals may devote their lives to charity, but the money they get in order to fund the charity comes from the pockets of the general public. Additionally, if one studies the motives of why the royals devote themselves to charity, it isn't because they care, it is because they don't want to appear the useless, greedy tools which they are so that the people won't stand up against them. Anyone with intellegence should realise that anyone in a position of power only does certain deeds to ensure that they don't lose their position, and the royals are no exception to that.

Yes, yes, exactly that ! The Royal's philanthropic work is , from what I can see, the minimum undertaking required to deter popular resentment. Much like corporate philanthropy is a PR lobbying effort against state regulation i.e. " ...look how benevolent we are when left to our own devices ; of course we don't need to be taxed properly ... "

Yes, yes, exactly that ! The Royal's philanthropic work is , from what I can see, the minimum undertaking required to deter popular resentment. Much like corporate philanthropy is a PR lobbying effort against state regulation i.e. " ...look how benevolent we are when left to our own devices ; of course we don't need to be taxed properly ... "
Whilst I agree with both you and JJ, I think whether or not they do good works is beside the point. Relying on their generosity is not a justfication for the existance of a monarchy. As personalities, to me they are an irrelevance, simply a bunch of rich people (with completely unearned wealth) sasheying around and somehow earning the unquestioning adoration of millions.

Well, to be fair, Obama has not done nothing. He has accelerated the program to murder civilians using remote-control bombs, so there's that.

I would even question their own superficial benevolence.

Here are a few articles outlining the sort of things they set their grubby little hands on. I wouldn't be surprised if they only partake in charity as a way to smooth backroom deals and corrupt relationships.

Money laundering probe puts spotlight on the £15 million sale of the Duke of York’s home

Prince Andrew meets Queen for private talks amid mounting scandal

Sarah Ferguson offered access to Prince Andrew for cash, says tabloid

'Make-believe and outright quackery' - expert's verdict on prince's detox potion

Well, to be fair, Obama has not done nothing. He has accelerated the program to murder civilians using remote-control bombs, so there's that.

Yes. He's done a tremendous amount of evil and furthering the status quo. He's done a lot just nothing he was voted in to do.
The media would like for people to believe he's "trying" on the programs the people who voted for him wanted him to do but that he needs to get rid of the remaining checks and balances to do it.
It sickens me that people would want the president to have unmitigated power.
Even if the truly believed Obama wouldn't abuse his powers do they trust the next president?
Stupid.

Moz's comment wasn't stupid but he could have mentioned what it is Obama is doing. It's not nothing.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom