Smiths promo posters in FNAC exhibit: "25 Years Without The Smiths" (Barcelona, June 26 - July 20)

Re: Fnac exhibit: 25 years without the smiths

Well.... any update? Photos? Press coverage? Crowds?

Dave

Re: Fnac exhibit: 25 years without the smiths

Well.... any update? Photos? Press coverage? Crowds?

Dave

3.jpg

“25 years without The Smiths”
FNAC Triangle Photo Gallery
26 June -20 July

Fnac Triangle (Barcelona) will exhibit the first complete collection of The Smiths promotional posters, distributed as a limited edition in record stores at the time by the independent record label ROUGH TRADE.

The posters form part of the private collection of a true Smiths’ fan, Marc Capella. The exhibition is valued at over 5000 euros, and is the fruit over a decade of careful research.

The Smiths released their first single in May 1983 and broke up 4 years later in the summer of 1987. The summer of 2012 marks 25 years since their breakup.

More info at www.thesmiths.cat

stopme_marc_expo.jpg

Poster info and pictures of the exhibition are also posted in the original forum thread.

Attachments

• POSTER Stopme_Marc Expo.jpg
    POSTER Stopme_Marc Expo.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 10
  • Expo 7 first.png
    Expo 7 first.png
    217 KB · Views: 14
  • FNAC Exhibit posters 8_to_14.png
    FNAC Exhibit posters 8_to_14.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 8
  • FNAC Exhibit posters 15_to_22.png
    FNAC Exhibit posters 15_to_22.png
    224.8 KB · Views: 9
  • FNAC Exhibit posters 23_to_29.png
    FNAC Exhibit posters 23_to_29.png
    145 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Smiths promo posters in FNAC exhibit: "25 Years Without The Smiths" (Bar

I've been to FNAC Triangle many times; was just there about a month ago, actually.

It's massive, and has a wide selection of music on cd and vinyl. Wish I'd been there when this was going on

Re: Article: Smiths promo posters in FNAC exhibit: "25 Years Without The Smiths" (Bar

INTRO

The 'Smiths Universe' is so exciting that - as fans - we do not remain alone with the beauty of his music, but many people we choose to make a trip without return called collecting: original English editions, different formats, posters, promos, bootlegs, tour programs, etc. The Catalan Marc Capella knows very well about what I am speaking, since during more than 10 years it managed to obtain all the promotional posters of the mancunian quartet, and that Rough Trade was distributing to the different record shops at that moment. The new thing is that for the first time in the world they're going to exhibit publicly all these posters (of his personal collection), across an honoring exhibition titled "25 years without The Smiths". The same one is carrying out from 26th June from 20 July.

Last edited:

I prefer to think of it as "25 Years WITH Morrissey."

Someone who puts himself in a Smiths poster has a real problem.

Tags
exhibition posters the smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom