Should I go to Morrissey gig on my own?

A

Anonymous

I was wondering if I should go to the Manchester date on my own as no one else I know wants to go and see him :( but I don't want to look sad either. So what should I do as I've not seen morrissey live yet.

Without doubt YES.
I for one have been to many gigs on my own.
I was at Plymouth and Brixton last year on my own.
In fact with all due respects to most of my friends(even some of them Morrissey fans)
I much prefer it.
I'm certainly not"sad"in fact I enjoy company a lot of the time.
But I quite often go out on my own to see local bands and sometimes just for a bit of time to myself.
Unfortunately Oxford is a small place and I always seem to run into somebody.
I'll be down at the O2 Oxford tomorrow on my own watching The Smyths.
Say hello by all means if anybody else is going(I'll be by the bar)
Then go away and enjoy this very good tribute band.

Thanks for the first 2 replies. I've thought of the possible positive things about going on your own for example if you're on your own you're more likely to turn up early and stand near the stage and that you don't need to wait for someone or look for your mate if they got lost. Anyone else know any good points to go alone? :)

Definitely go alone. :thumb:

I was wondering if I should go to the Manchester date on my own as no one else I know wants to go and see him :( but I don't want to look sad either. So what should I do as I've not seen morrissey live yet.

It's a Morrissey gig; you're supposed to look sad ;)

Without doubt ~ GO!

...I've Been to a few gigs with friends who weren't really into the band/artist, as much as I was( and I've even paid for their tickets) in the past...mainly just hoping for them to enjoy it along with me...they didn't...so...Doctor Dave's advice is :_

GO ALONE!!...and f*** standing at the front of the stage waiting....( The "Stage" is probably about Fifty feet AWAY from where you will be anyway, even IF you DO get to the "Front"....)..hang around the bar/Foyer/Bar next door ....you will probably meet some Lovely people... and just enjoy the Gig for what it is.....and maybe make friends with a stranger or two....

Last edited:
I went to the Shrine gig alone and had a great time. I was paying too much attention to the music to care that I didn't have a friend singing along off-key right in my ear.

Viva says:
"Don't go! It will be so horrible because everyone will be staring at you and your lack of a friend rather than the singer they shelled out $100 a ticket to see..."

Sure, as long as you're ok with leaving on your own, going home, and crying and wanting to die.

Sure, as long as you're ok with leaving on your own, going home, and crying and wanting to die.

And the Guest Name of the Day Award goes to...... (even though you left out a T, it still made me smile. :p)

oh definitely go...............

joining the mozbus would be agood way to meet folk

Ive only had to see Moz on my tod once at Hyde Park, but met up with follk before hand and had a great day with them till well into the early hours

There is bound to be an after party at a club somewhere and if you can get to that as well you will have a fantastic night

Actually at Liverpool arena when it all ended in tears after 5 mins we at an after party at Albert Dock about 15 mins later and once folk got over the disppointment it became truly celebratory........like minded folk, the best music in the world, a few wee sherries, magic

keep an eye out on here for any info about meet ups or after partys and I am sure you will be made welcome.

stick on a moz tshirt and go to a boozer near the men and you will end up speaking to someone....

Enjoy

Yes- I love going to gigs on my own- I haven't seen Moz on my own but I have seen Babyshambles and Howard Jones (!) recently. I even went to the Leeds Festival for a day on my own. Nobody will know you are on your own. Get the beers in and sing along as loud as you want. See you there x

Yes. Defo I've been to the majority of Mozza gigs on my own and had a great time. To be honest. I prefer it that way. Im there for his music and thsts the most important thing!!!!

Oh the irony that someone alone at a Morrissey gig would be viewed by other attendees as a Billy-no-mates :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom