NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey - info at true-to-you.net

Re: NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey

Always_Drink_Your_Palpatine.jpg

ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png

Personally, I really wish I could be there to show support for Morrissey. Why shouldn't I? For years his music has supported me through all the good and bad times. As always, I wish him the very best - as I'm sure most true fans do.

Very good reason to be there, if I could I will but I'm very far

Personally, I really wish I could be there to show support for Morrissey. Why shouldn't I?

Maybe because it's not a f***ing circus. It's not a rock concert; it's a f***ing court case.

Re: Article: NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey -

Morrissey, no! The NME has sullied your name on more than one occasion, but please don't draw your fans further into this squabble. Concentrate on what is important to fans - the current tour. Please, sir ... don't lambast us with your bitter court-ridden remarks on the tour. Let us enjoy you for who you are and the reason why we love you - although we'd love you more if you'd ditch that god-awful bassist. Oh, and top marks re: your involvement in the Manila Zoo incident.

Re: Article: NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey -

tumblr_m38f45Qmc41qfv1bn.gif

No thank you.

It's called integrity. Clearing his name from years and years of extreme falsehoods. You should understand this since you've supposedly been a fan for so long. The NME consistently warp Morrissey's quotes purposefully to boost sales, but while doing so, trying to crush his image. Support from his fans is something, I believe, Morrissey would appreciate. I can tell, though, that you are unaware of such kindness because of the bitterness that swims in your comment. "Bloated popstar" is just a hateful thing to say. Obviously you haven't had a lot of love in your life, and for that, I'm truly sorry...oh, and if you disagree then why so bitter about something that means nothing to you?

Personally, I really wish I could be there to show support for Morrissey. Why shouldn't I? For years his music has supported me through all the good and bad times. As always, I wish him the very best - as I'm sure most true fans do.

Maybe that's a fair comment and perhaps I shouldn't call him bloated. Fair play, but it's not 'because I haven't had a lot of love in my life'; no matter how I look at it there IS no excuse for what Morrissey said about the Chinese being/behaving/resembling a sub-species. I've always liked Morrissey's music very much (perhaps not so much the recent material) but I can't forgive that comment.

My remarks were made in exasperation really, not bitterness. Support Morrissey in clearing his name against an NME accusation of racism? Nah, we're facing REAL problems here in Britain right now.

No it wasn't actually. You don't 'bother' because you are evidently devoid of the facts.
Those comments may have been made in light of his apparently sudden discovery ... but he didn't speak with context. He made a stupid, ignorant generalisation to ruffle a few feathers and further cement his victim complex. The latter of which we've had in chapter and verse for God knows how long.

Oh, and anyone with any awareness of animal welfare (those who aren't more concerned with mere posturing & pointless browbeating) knew about the horrors of animal exploitation in China as far back as 1979.

Do you really call people 'retard'? How old are you?

I remember this, he wasn't talking particularly about animal welfare but referred to "the Chinese" generally before People are the Same. I dare say he was speaking in relation to animal rights but did speak of "the chinese".

Does one have to be a citizen to attend? I think I'd love to combine my London trip with this.

No, you don't have to be a UK citizen to attend. Anyone can sit in the public gallery to watch the proceedings, providing it isn't full.

No, you don't have to be a UK citizen to attend. Anyone can sit in the public gallery to watch the proceedings, providing it isn't full.

That's right. Here's some useful information for anyone thinking of going in to watch procedings -

"Turn up at the Royal Courts of Justice (The High Court) at about 9.30 AM, go through the security check (no cameras, sharp stuff etc), turn your phone off.
Find the court lists. In the Royal Courts of Justice, these are displayed on a handful of notice boards in the main hall. These will tell you something about the cases going on, they list the business in each court on that day, you can also access RCJ lists online here from the evening of previous day.

Bear in mind that some cases will he heard in private, but the majority will be open to the public. The RCJ has criminal appeals, civil interim applications, civil trials.

Sitting in the gallery is easy, find the court you're interested in, peer through the court door to check that the defendant (if there is one) isn't being addressed (bad manners to enter when they are), slip in as quietly as you can and sit in the gallery. If the public are excluded there'll be a notice and the door will probably be locked.

Expect a fair bit of waiting around. Generally lunch is between 1 and 2, courts generally finish between 4 and 5."

I recall ​Johnny Rogan stating he was surprised that only one fan attended the public gallery during the Joyce/Rourke case

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081122143133AA5mXQM

There was no "Joyce/Rourke case". Andy Rourke did not sue Morrissey & Marr.

Yes he did, and he settled out of court for £83,000, while Joyce continued and was awarded royalties. The judge passed comment on Joyce and Rourke at the end of the trial describing them as "unintellectual". I'm not interested in pedantics

For goodness sake, there are slightly more important things going on; the Hollie Greig case for instance. If you want to see a man that's gone it alone in the courts fighting for justice, see Robert Green ... or Dr David Halpin. These are people of outstanding courage ... not a bloated a pop star with more money than you could imagine. Morrissey will do just fine without our so-called 'support'.

Nevermind if his comments were misconstrued in the NME, if someone were to really take him to task it would be for his erroneous output on the Chinese which he was still thrashing at the Hawick gig last year. Very sad. I don't know what's happened. Morrissey was very interesting in 1994 but ... not now.
oh,very original sign-off quip,"but no now" didnt morrissey say something similar about bowie a few years back? you're so witty......not.

Yes he did, and he settled out of court for £83,000, while Joyce continued and was awarded royalties. The judge passed comment on Joyce and Rourke at the end of the trial describing them as "unintellectual". I'm not interested in pedantics

"Pedantics"? Or "semantics"?

Yes he did, and he settled out of court for £83,000, while Joyce continued and was awarded royalties. ... I'm not interested in pedantics

I'm well aware of the history of the case, thanks. As you've conceded, Rourke (unfortunately) withdrew from the case before it'd begun. The case brought to court was exclusively Joyce v's Morrissey & Marr.

oh,very original sign-off quip,"but no now" didnt morrissey say something similar about bowie a few years back? you're so witty......not.

You'd think Morrissey fans would understand when someone is being ironic. Also, you're criticising somebody on the Internet for lacking wit by quoting Wayne's World and, secondly, you're spoiling even your own (albeit crap) attempt at irony - "you're so witty" - by going on to spell out the precise meaning of what you're saying ... by quoting Wayne's World.

I really don't think message boards are for you.

Andy Rourke did not sue Morrissey & Marr.

The person who posted information about attending court was trying to help other fans, and all you can do is TRY to pick out technicalities, yet still get it wrong? Grow up.

we /I don't have to come to support, any fool knows the eNeMEy tried
to ruin Morrissey carreer several times with disgusting articles

why 3 days, 5 minutes will do

hand over the cash eNeMEy, at least half a million BP

I'm well aware of the history of the case, thanks. As you've conceded, Rourke (unfortunately) withdrew from the case before it'd begun. The case brought to court was exclusively Joyce v's Morrissey & Marr.

This is correct.
And this is why Rourke and Marr have remained friends.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom