NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey - info at true-to-you.net

UPDATE 9:30AM PT: NattyMorrissey noticed the article has been removed from true-to-you.net. No explanation has been posted yet.

Information regarding High Court hearing of Morrissey -vs- Conor McNicholas and IPC/NME
- true-to-you.net

17 May 2012

In light of the NME's refusal to apologize to Morrissey for fabricating parts of their 2007 interview with him in order to make Morrissey appear to be racist, the High Court hearing of Morrissey -vs- Conor McNicholas and IPC/NME now has a set date of July 16, 17, 18 and 19. Anyone wishing to offer support to Morrissey should make their presence known outside the High Court in London on these dates.

These newly finalized dates clash with Morrissey concerts throughout Europe, and although no concerts will be cancelled, Morrissey will be required to fly in and fly out of London to attend each hearing on each day.

The NME recently offered to apologize to Morrissey by offering space on nme.com, but not within the printed magazine. This offer was rejected as disproportionate to the damage done to Morrissey by the NME magazine itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, either

(a) the case will be settled out of court the day before (as they almost always are), or

(b) Morrissey will be very grumpy on those three evenings and the gigs will have little chance of going ahead...

For goodness sake, there are slightly more important things going on; the Hollie Greig case for instance. If you want to see a man that's gone it alone in the courts fighting for justice, see Robert Green ... or Dr David Halpin. These are people of outstanding courage ... not a bloated a pop star with more money than you could imagine. Morrissey will do just fine without our so-called 'support'.

Nevermind if his comments were misconstrued in the NME, if someone were to really take him to task it would be for his erroneous output on the Chinese which he was still thrashing at the Hawick gig last year. Very sad. I don't know what's happened. Morrissey was very interesting in 1994 but ... not now.

I'll go, as I have no life. Downside is that iit interferes with my working schedule, so I guess I have to fly in daily to give my support.

Re: NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey

For goodness sake, there are slightly more important things going on; the Hollie Greig case for instance. If you want to see a man that's gone it alone in the courts fighting for justice, see Robert Green ... or Dr David Halpin. These are people of outstanding courage ... not a bloated a pop star with more money than you could imagine. Morrissey will do just fine without our so-called 'support'.

Nevermind if his comments were misconstrued in the NME, if someone were to really take him to task it would be for his erroneous output on the Chinese which he was still thrashing at the Hawick gig last year. Very sad. I don't know what's happened. Morrissey was very interesting in 1994 but ... not now.

Pay attention, retard: it wasn't "the Chinese"; it was those elements who were running the circuses which... oh, why do I bother.

Does this mean Morrissey won't be making any of those NME, "Top 100 Songs of the 90's"?

The NME recently offered to apologize to Morrissey by offering space on nme.com, but not within the printed magazine. This offer was rejected as disproportionate to the damage done to Morrissey by the NME magazine itself.

If this is true, I hope Morrissey isn't silly enough to rest any store by this offer. It's far from unusual for a respondent in a case like this to make a superficially reasonable offer to settle out of court in the full expectation that it won't be accepted. It's a pretty common tactic which lawyers use to lull the other side into a false sense of security, before stepping into the courtroom and annihilating the complainant.

I wonder if Morrissey was advised by his lawyers to reject the offer or whether he has just pig-headedly refused NME's olive branch. Can he and his counsel convince a jury that there has been "damage done to Morrissey"? Personally, I'm doubtful. Has he lost a recording contract because of the NME article? Have CD sales and downloads plummeted because of it? Has anybody refused to work with him because they think he's a racist? Are venues refusing to host his performances? If the case ever gets to court, it'll certainly be interesting.

Pay attention, retard: it wasn't "the Chinese"; it was those elements who were running the circuses which... oh, why do I bother.

No it wasn't actually. You don't 'bother' because you are evidently devoid of the facts.
Those comments may have been made in light of his apparently sudden discovery ... but he didn't speak with context. He made a stupid, ignorant generalisation to ruffle a few feathers and further cement his victim complex. The latter of which we've had in chapter and verse for God knows how long.

Oh, and anyone with any awareness of animal welfare (those who aren't more concerned with mere posturing & pointless browbeating) knew about the horrors of animal exploitation in China as far back as 1979.

Do you really call people 'retard'? How old are you?

"The NME recently offered to apologize to Morrissey by offering space on nme.com, but not within the printed magazine."

Given that the NME is a content mill run by interns, I wonder what that would have been like, had he accepted? "Top 10 NME Apologies", "Top 25 Non-Racist Morrissey Songs", "Twitter Responses to #MorrisseyHatesRacism, #CeilingCat", "50 Famous Lawsuits Settled Out of Court", etc.

It's called integrity. Clearing his name from years and years of extreme falsehoods. You should understand this since you've supposedly been a fan for so long. The NME consistently warp Morrissey's quotes purposefully to boost sales, but while doing so, trying to crush his image. Support from his fans is something, I believe, Morrissey would appreciate. I can tell, though, that you are unaware of such kindness because of the bitterness that swims in your comment. "Bloated popstar" is just a hateful thing to say. Obviously you haven't had a lot of love in your life, and for that, I'm truly sorry...oh, and if you disagree then why so bitter about something that means nothing to you?

Personally, I really wish I could be there to show support for Morrissey. Why shouldn't I? For years his music has supported me through all the good and bad times. As always, I wish him the very best - as I'm sure most true fans do.

It's called integrity. Clearing his name from years and years of extreme falsehoods. You should understand this since you've supposedly been a fan for so long. The NME consistently warp Morrissey's quotes purposefully to boost sales, but while doing so, trying to crush his image. Support from his fans is something, I believe, Morrissey would appreciate. I can tell, though, that you are unaware of such kindness because of the bitterness that swims in your comment. "Bloated popstar" is just a hateful thing to say. Obviously you haven't had a lot of love in your life, and for that, I'm truly sorry...oh, and if you disagree then why so bitter about something that means nothing to you?

Personally, I really wish I could be there to show support for Morrissey. Why shouldn't I? For years his music has supported me through all the good and bad times. As always, I wish him the very best - as I'm sure most true fans do.

^^^ Nice!

And for all of those who appear to have lost their memory...

'Don't forget the songs that made you cry and the songs that saved your life...'

Does one have to be a citizen to attend? I think I'd love to combine my London trip with this.

^^^ Nice!

'Don't forget the songs that made you cry and the songs that saved your life...'

Exactly!! And, Thanks!

Re: Article: NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey -

The link has been removed from True-To-You...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... he hasn't even set foot in the courtroom and already his lawyers are having to tell him to shut the f*** up. Priceless.

His songs didn't save my life; they ruined it. I hope the NME stand their ground and eat him alive.

Re: Article: NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey -

Whoops-a-daisy!

I'm guessing the evil legal eagles intervened.

God alone only knows what'll happen if Moz gets in the dock. He could very well kill the NME, in it's 60th birthday year. Or, with one Wilde moment, he could kill his career.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom