NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey - info at true-to-you.net

Re: Article: NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey -

He could very well kill the NME, in it's 60th birthday year. Or, with one Wilde moment, he could kill his career.

Which is sad, because the NME is dying on its own. He should just stand aside and let it splutter and cough the last bits of its life away until it tumbles at last into its grave.

But no, testifying won't kill his career. The case turns on whether or not the NME wilfully and knowingly misrepresented him to sell papers. That's all he has to talk about. What, they're going to try and trap him with questions like, "Morrissey, how do you feel about reggae"? "Morrissey, do you have any black friends"? "DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?" ;)

Re: Article: NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey -

This is retarded.

Whoops-a-daisy!

I'm guessing the evil legal eagles intervened.

God alone only knows what'll happen if Moz gets in the dock. He could very well kill the NME, in it's 60th birthday year. Or, with one Wilde moment, he could kill his career.
:eek:

Bengali writes , Me see White nations, all White nations and only White nations being forced to accept mass immigration into their countries. That's White genocide and when White people gone, who will pay for me. Me wants to embrace your vulture, because mine sucks!
Come Get Me

Goodluck to Morrissey! Even though his antics have embarrassed me on occasion I hope I'm proved wrong and the law comes out on his side.

I think Morrissey should cancel the gigs and reschedule the gigs for august!

I think Morrissey should cancel the gigs and reschedule the gigs for august!

Wise words Lindsey, I think the same also.

The clash of dates could prove somewhat embarrassing. The result of the all-time NME icon poll will be published around the time of the court appearances . If Morrissey wins the poll AND the court case I doubt the NME could ever live it down, or carry on, without blushing ever more.
This feels like 1997, round two.

Nevermind if his comments were misconstrued in the NME, if someone were to really take him to task it would be for his erroneous output on the Chinese which he was still thrashing at the Hawick gig last year. Very sad. I don't know what's happened. Morrissey was very interesting in 1994 but ... not now.

What was said in Hawick that you're referring to?
Cheers.

Nevermind if his comments were misconstrued in the NME, if someone were to really take him to task it would be for his erroneous output on the Chinese which he was still thrashing at the Hawick gig last year. Very sad. I don't know what's happened. Morrissey was very interesting in 1994 but ... not now.

What was said in Hawick that you're referring to?

Cheers.

I will only go if he promises to wear pajamas and moonwalk on top of a car.

I will only go if he promises to wear pajamas and moonwalk on top of a car.

Better be support like this people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Occupy Old Bailey?

what did the message say?

yes obviously the link was removed on legal advice.

most difficult job? morrissey's manager or lawyer?

Re: NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey

No it wasn't actually. You don't 'bother' because you are evidently devoid of the facts.
Those comments may have been made in light of his apparently sudden discovery ... but he didn't speak with context. He made a stupid, ignorant generalisation to ruffle a few feathers and further cement his victim complex. The latter of which we've had in chapter and verse for God knows how long.

Oh, and anyone with any awareness of animal welfare (those who aren't more concerned with mere posturing & pointless browbeating) knew about the horrors of animal exploitation in China as far back as 1979.

Do you really call people 'retard'? How old are you?

I'd argue Morrissey did speak in context as the interview clearly shows him talking, immediately prior to the "sub-species" remark, about the specifics of animal treatment in China. Was the remark also made with an eye to dragging media attention his way ? Perhaps but I don't know how relevant that really is...

Re: NME case - July 16th to 19th - Turn up at court and support Morrissey

Always_Drink_Your_Palpatine.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom