How old were you when you went to your first Smiths/Morrissey concert?

Re: How old were you when you went to your first Smiths/Morrissey concert???

That's it. Thanks. Kind of a tweener area betwixt San Diego and Los Angeles. I remember it as Friday, May 31, though. My mind is going. There is no question about it.

And this was the sound check

Last edited by a moderator:

I saw morrissey when I was 18 twice on the kill uncle tours. Both in chicago. The first was at the world music theatre. And the second was the legendary aragon ballroom show. I was second row center and waited 12 hours in the bitter cold with sandals on. I honestly thought I would get frost bitten. I didn't realize how cold the breeze gets off of lake michigan. It was a great show although at one point I thought I may get really hurt because security was mean.(and thats being nice) and morrissey being morrissey was agging them on. After the band left he poses for about 5 minutes. I got a part of his last shirt but gave it to the guy next to me because a row of chairs had fallen on us and it broke his leg I swear almost in half it was horrific. But it is my favorite morrissey show moment. I did get second row center in the orchastra section in Louisville Kentucky but the energy just wasn't the same as the early shows. Although they sounded tighter. I know I am rambling. But back to the chicago days I drove from my small town in salem indiana an 18 year old boy. Never drove in a bigger city than louisville with out a left turn signal. And not to mention being from a small town in the midwest. the only smiths morrissey fans around were people I had converted. So it was like a journey to see the pope for me. (I am not catholic I just used the pope for emphasis).

I saw morrissey when I was 18 twice on the kill uncle tours. Both in chicago. The first was at the world music theatre. And the second was the legendary aragon ballroom show. I was second row center and waited 12 hours in the bitter cold with sandals on. I honestly thought I would get frost bitten. I didn't realize how cold the breeze gets off of lake michigan. It was a great show although at one point I thought I may get really hurt because security was mean.(and thats being nice) and morrissey being morrissey was agging them on. After the band left he poses for about 5 minutes. I got a part of his last shirt but gave it to the guy next to me because a row of chairs had fallen on us and it broke his leg I swear almost in half it was horrific. But it is my favorite morrissey show moment. I did get second row center in the orchastra section in Louisville Kentucky but the energy just wasn't the same as the early shows. Although they sounded tighter. I know I am rambling. But back to the chicago days I drove from my small town in salem indiana an 18 year old boy. Never drove in a bigger city than louisville with out a left turn signal. And not to mention being from a small town in the midwest. the only smiths morrissey fans around were people I had converted. So it was like a journey to see the pope for me. (I am not catholic I just used the pope for emphasis).

:eek:

The pit always makes me nervous.

I went to a lot of Moz concerts in the 90s in the Socal area, its weird to think of how many of you were there too
but I only know you from here in the mid 2000s on :o

25 - March 9 2012. I listen to Morrissey since I was 15.

I have some pictures on my facebook album

I had recently turned 25. I saw him at the Tabernacle in Atlanta in 2004.
I went a long time.

I had just turned 19. It was at the Paramount Theatre in New York, 1992.

Back
Top Bottom