+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How old were you when you went to your first Smiths/Morrissey concert?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Re: How old were you when you went to your first Smiths/Morrissey concert???

Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    That's it. Thanks. Kind of a tweener area betwixt San Diego and Los Angeles. I remember it as Friday, May 31, though. My mind is going. There is no question about it.
    And this was the sound check

0 Not allowed!

Anonymous

Default Re: How old were you when you went to your first Smiths/Morrissey concert?

12th February 1986. I was 14.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Default Re: How old were you when you went to your first Smiths/Morrissey concert???

I saw morrissey when I was 18 twice on the kill uncle tours. Both in chicago. The first was at the world music theatre. And the second was the legendary aragon ballroom show. I was second row center and waited 12 hours in the bitter cold with sandals on. I honestly thought I would get frost bitten. I didn't realize how cold the breeze gets off of lake michigan. It was a great show although at one point I thought I may get really hurt because security was mean.(and thats being nice) and morrissey being morrissey was agging them on. After the band left he poses for about 5 minutes. I got a part of his last shirt but gave it to the guy next to me because a row of chairs had fallen on us and it broke his leg I swear almost in half it was horrific. But it is my favorite morrissey show moment. I did get second row center in the orchastra section in Louisville Kentucky but the energy just wasn't the same as the early shows. Although they sounded tighter. I know I am rambling. But back to the chicago days I drove from my small town in salem indiana an 18 year old boy. Never drove in a bigger city than louisville with out a left turn signal. And not to mention being from a small town in the midwest. the only smiths morrissey fans around were people I had converted. So it was like a journey to see the pope for me. (I am not catholic I just used the pope for emphasis).

0 Not allowed!

My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 49

Quote Originally Posted by sorryimsosad View Post
    I saw morrissey when I was 18 twice on the kill uncle tours. Both in chicago. The first was at the world music theatre. And the second was the legendary aragon ballroom show. I was second row center and waited 12 hours in the bitter cold with sandals on. I honestly thought I would get frost bitten. I didn't realize how cold the breeze gets off of lake michigan. It was a great show although at one point I thought I may get really hurt because security was mean.(and thats being nice) and morrissey being morrissey was agging them on. After the band left he poses for about 5 minutes. I got a part of his last shirt but gave it to the guy next to me because a row of chairs had fallen on us and it broke his leg I swear almost in half it was horrific. But it is my favorite morrissey show moment. I did get second row center in the orchastra section in Louisville Kentucky but the energy just wasn't the same as the early shows. Although they sounded tighter. I know I am rambling. But back to the chicago days I drove from my small town in salem indiana an 18 year old boy. Never drove in a bigger city than louisville with out a left turn signal. And not to mention being from a small town in the midwest. the only smiths morrissey fans around were people I had converted. So it was like a journey to see the pope for me. (I am not catholic I just used the pope for emphasis).

The pit always makes me nervous.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

spontaneously luminescent Oh my god, it's Robby!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 51

Question Re: How old were you when you went to your first Smiths/Morrissey concert???

I went to a lot of Moz concerts in the 90s in the Socal area, its weird to think of how many of you were there too
    but I only know you from here in the mid 2000s on

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Default Re: How old were you when you went to your first Smiths/Morrissey concert?

age 17 at the arizona state fair in 1997.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    12th February 1986. I was 14.
    Now 14 year olds go to see Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber!!!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Age 30, in Strasbourg, France, 2008.

0 Not allowed!
    And I heard so many things I failed to understand at all

Thumbs Up

25 - March 9 2012. I listen to Morrissey since I was 15.

I have some pictures on my facebook album

0 Not allowed!
    Quando não se tem mais nada
    Não se perde nada
    Escudo ou espada
    Pode ser o que se for
    Livre do temor

(Nando Reis)

Thumbs Up

I had recently turned 25. I saw him at the Tabernacle in Atlanta in 2004.
    I went a long time.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

I had just turned 19. It was at the Paramount Theatre in New York, 1992.

0 Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12