Seoul - Ax Hall (May 6, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Alma Matters / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Black Cloud / I Will See You In Far Off Places / I Know It's Over / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / When Last I Spoke To Carol / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell/ Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Youre fast, King Leer. What T-shirt is Solomon wearing .... "We Hate ..... " ?

19 songs played (sorry, just alphabetical order)

Alma Matters
Black Cloud
Everyday Is Like Sunday
How Soon Is Now?
I Know It's Over
I Will See You In Far Off Places
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
Let Me Kiss You
Meat Is Murder
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Shoplifters of the World Unite
Speedway (with 'Vincent')
To Give (The Reason I Live)
When Last I Spoke To Carol
You Have Killed Me
You're The One For Me, Fatty

Encore: First Of The Gang To Die (Acoustic)

Hello I'm Hyip from South korea. This was my first Morrissey concert in a lifetime. I was thrilled to be so close to the front and to see a man i've heard since being very young, 14 in fact. Morrissey looked great and his voice was very strong. He played first of the gang to die which was very great, like buddy holly or the byrds. This was a singalong song and very popular among all. I also loved Meat is Murder and Mmorrissey looked very morbid as he sang this, or maudlin as he sings!

Morrissey said, "Hello korea, or at least half of it" part way along the concert. This was funny, because we are a half-country now! A lot of us laughed. He was looking quite ironic when he said these words soft.

Morrissey also whispered 'please free me' not during but around Last night i dreamt someone loved me. This was a strange comment but it wasn't clear what he meant.

He changed his shirt multiple times and looked very fashionable. The band were great, especially Jesse Tobias who performed the smiths songs very nicely.

Thanks for this great performance and much love from South Korea, half a country for half a person!

Hyip

posted on www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com thanks Hyip

interestingly also today Boy George listed Morrisseysworld as one of his top tweeters in the Sunday edition of the Guardian/Observer. Read here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/may/06/twitter-top-feeds-celebrity-tweeters

"we hate william and kate". Boz was dressed as a woman.

Speedway (with Vincent) sounds intriguing. Who is Vincent? Also, FOTGTD acoustic? Really :/

Speedway (with Vincent) sounds intriguing. Who is Vincent? Also, FOTGTD acoustic? Really :/

Oh, Vincent is the name of song originally by Don McLean. Quite popular pop song in south korea. He sang a two or three line of this song after the pause of speedway (after 'shut good and proper forever).

Boz in drag was... interesting. especially since he still postured and played exactly as he normally would. I am guessing he stumbled into an adjuma clothing store and just couldn't help himself when he saw the black sequenced dress.

He had the same merch that I heard about from Japan -
1)Cat on head shirt but with Asian tour instead of japanese tour on the back, and Seoul, Jakarta, Manilla and singapore as the cities, this was on black.
2)White shirt with morrissey written above a picture of Moz getting a hair cut.
3) Blue shirt that said England owes me a living with a little crown at the bottom printed with white ink.
4) a pink girls shirt with the same print as the one above.
5) A kind of cheap looking reuseable bag that said shoplifters of the world unite on it. Black bag, white print.
6) a big poster of moz in a bathtub.
7) copies of Swords were being sold at a different table.

All in all a great show, with a great set list. Nothing too surprising after seeing what he played in Japan, but it was great to hear ouiji board, far off places, let me kiss you, I know it's over, and last night I dreamt live for the first time.

I was a little surprised that no one tried to go for a hug, but I guess people were expecting a second encore, I know I was.

starry, starry, night .... :guitar:

Oh, Vincent is the name of song originally by Don McLean. Quite popular pop song in south korea. He sang a two or three line of this song after the pause of speedway (after 'shut good and proper forever).

It's a coincidence to find this here after just writing half a dozen cards today with Van Gogh prints on them! The new white-speckled lighting in the stage set does evoke the starry sky at night. The song Vincent is a sentimental classic

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just toured with my family of three. It's really nice to have a family.
My husband, my daughter and me. I don't need anything.
It's true that happiness is in the family. Human is a beautiful thing!
Enjoy your stay in Korea, you'll find wonderful people and places.
Good-bye Morrissey that means farewell!!!!!!
It's good for you :)

Set List

1. How Soon Is Now
2. You Have Killed Me
3. Every Day Is Like Sunday
4. Alma Matters
5. You're The One For Me, Fatty
6. Shoplifters Of The World Unite
7. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
8. Speedway (+ ‘Starry, starry night
Paint your palette blue and grey
Look out on a summer's day’ - from “Vincent”)
9. To Give (The Reason I Live) - Frankie Valli Cover
10. Meat Is Murder
11. Let Me Kiss You
12. Black Cloud
13. I'll See You In Far-Off Places
14. I Know It's Over
15. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
16. When I Last Spoke To Carol
17. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
18. Last Night I dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

Encore : First Of The Gang To Die

Trending Threads