The London Olympics Thread

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
Are you guys super pumped? Is the traffic going to be insane? Is it getting weird yet in your city? What's your weird little mascot?

We had the Summer Olympics in Los Angeles in 1984. We lived 300 miles away and I was a child and I remember hearing the many tales of it being a nightmare for the locals.

I love the floor routine. :o

I wondered about the Olympics does any give a shit? Its just nonsense they are not even real sports, i can throw this farther than you can, what's that all about? Our chap with abnormally long legs can run faster than your freak, whoopy doo. Dancing under water? Does anyone give a toss about this nonsense if it's not done under the Olympic banner? No one cares that's why these things aren't televised except for 4 weeks every 4 years.

Are you guys super pumped? Is the traffic going to be insane? Is it getting weird yet in your city? What's your weird little mascot?

We had the Summer Olympics in Los Angeles in 1984. We lived 300 miles away and I was a child and I remember hearing the many tales of it being a nightmare for the locals.

I wanna see Bruce Jenner make a comeback and fly the flag for USA!

I wondered about the Olympics does any give a shit? Its just nonsense they are not even real sports, i can throw this farther than you can, what's that all about? Our chap with abnormally long legs can run faster than your freak, whoopy doo. Dancing under water? Does anyone give a toss about this nonsense if it's not done under the Olympic banner? No one cares that's why these things aren't televised except for 4 weeks every 4 years.

People are highly sceptical about the Olympics in Britain at the moment, as they are about all UK events, unlike the US where enthusiasm and support is stronger for rallying occasions. In a few weeks this will change, when the Olympic torch moves through peoples towns and the games begin. People in Britain will look back on it and miss it when it's gone, because it will be a global event in our little country, and there will be instances which go down in history

I wanna see Bruce Jenner make a comeback and fly the flag for USA!

Bruce Jenner is Ryan Seacrest's sad little plastic-faced Kardasian man toy to manipulate. Whatever Olympian used to be in him has been sold to the E! Network devil.

When does it start and end? Televised Olympic events are often very GREAT. You can spy some cooooool symbolic things that are pure in nature when atheletes are competing not for money. God digs the combination of an honest drive to win between two atheletes AND a camera. The Olympics can be exhausting for symbologists. :D

When does it start and end? Televised Olympic events are often very GREAT. You can spy some cooooool symbolic things that are pure in nature when atheletes are competing not for money. God digs the combination of an honest drive to win between two atheletes AND a camera. The Olympics can be exhausting for symbologists. :D

You honestly think Olympians are really amateurs and don't make money via their athletic skills? They do. Most of them are professional athletes. The only "pure" aspect of the Olympics is that the doping rules are usually harder to get around compared to most competitions. Although lots find a way around them anyway.

Are you guys super pumped? Is the traffic going to be insane? Is it getting weird yet in your city? What's your weird little mascot?We had the Summer Olympics in Los Angeles in 1984. We lived 300 miles away and I was a child and I remember hearing the many tales of it being a nightmare for the locals.

Nope,yes,no and "pffft".

I actually like athletics.Which Olympic sport would you partake in if you had the choice CG?

Last edited:
That the government can destroy public services that make a huge difference in people's lives (on the pretext that they're unaffordable), and at the same time throw away something like £9-12 billion of our money on this f***ing pantomime is just breathtaking.

Stick your Olympics up your arse, Mr Cameron.

What is a Jubilee? I heard this somewhere else.

I found your mascot. Looks like a penis. :straightface: :rofl:

olympic-mascots-london-2012.jpg

I actually like athletics.Which Olympic sport would you partake in if you had the choice CG?

I usually get into the drama surrounding the gymnastics...the creepy Russian coach or the girl from America whose family had to sell the farm to pay for lessons or whatever, but I like watching them run hurdles. And long jump. There was an episode of Family Guy where Syewie was doing the floor routine on the living room carpet and commentating the whole thing, I think I used to do that too and I KNOW I used to pretend I was a long jumper in the dirt driveway. "And the crowd goes WILD!" :D

What is a Jubilee? I heard this somewhere else.

I found your mascot. Looks like a penis. :straightface: :rofl:

olympic-mascots-london-2012.jpg

It's basically a celebration we have when the monarch has been on the throne a certain number of years- for example the Queen was crowned 60 years ago, so this year is her Diamond Jubilee. Big processions and lots of sycophantic programming (mostly on the BBC) dedicated to the monarchy, basically. As if we didn't get enough of that last year with the bloody wedding. Hate hate hate it.*Insert grumbly Republican rant here* And I'd never actually seen that mascot before; it is rather phallic. :lbf:

Last edited:
I usually get into the drama surrounding the gymnastics...the creepy Russian coach or the girl from America whose family had to sell the farm to pay for lessons or whatever, but I like watching them run hurdles. And long jump. There was an episode of Family Guy where Syewie was doing the floor routine on the living room carpet and commentating the whole thing, I think I used to do that too and I KNOW I used to pretend I was a long jumper in the dirt driveway. "And the crowd goes WILD!" :D

Yeah,Im usually glued to the gymnastics ;).I'd be a javelin thrower and I'd aim for Carl Lewis.

It's basically a celebration we have when the monarch has been on the throne a certain number of years- for example the Queen was crowned 60 years ago, so this year is her Diamond Jubilee. Big processions and lots of sycophantic programming (mostly on the BBC) dedicated to the monarchy, basically. As if we didn't get enough of that last year with the bloody wedding. Hate hate hate it.*Insert grumbly Republican rant here*

Soo you all have to pretend to celebrate her reign over you? Sounds very Hunger Games. :p

Yeah,Im usually glued to the gymnastics ;).I'd be a javelin thrower and I'd aim for Carl Lewis.

Billy you should totally try to get tickets to see a gymnastics event. The circus is coming to your town! Why not? Do it! I bet you don't even have to queue!

Watching the opening ceremony right now, Iain Sinclair is absolutely right who was on Channel 4 News last night.

I admire the efforts of all the people involved, however, it is a mass hallucination done by William Barrows and Charles Saatchi as Sinclair described.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom