The London Olympics Thread

walker.jpg

Anyone know if this guy's alright! He was in the walking race yesterday which is a bit ironic that the least strenuous sounding event has taken it out of him that much! He won it in Beijing too! Got carted off in an ambulance!

Dayuum Great Britain, you guys kicked ass in gold this weekend! :p Congrats, especially the tennis one.

the best thing about this Olympics for me is that I feel like I have 2 teams to root for with the Brits doing so well :guitar:
my fave so far in that regard was the men's 10k run where we finished 2nd and a British guy won it :)
the one hard part has been avoiding results before I see them on NBC :cool:

I've been having a look on and off , hoping to catch some boxing but no luck. I don't understand why the Australian broadcaster (CH 9) can't just show events instead of cutting to the usual panel of experts regurgitating corporate-motivational Newspeak.

I've been having a look on and off , hoping to catch some boxing but no luck. I don't understand why the Australian broadcaster (CH 9) can't just show events instead of cutting to the usual panel of experts regurgitating corporate-motivational Newspeak.

I believe the boxing is finally up this week. Saw the mens and womens 100 meter and man why are jamacans so fast!

So am I the only one who is completely ignoring the olympics completely? I'm trying to be proud of being British though.
I do think they should allow British sports into this years olympics...egg and spoon race, sack race, beanbag race. ahh, good times.

So am I the only one who is completely ignoring the olympics completely? I'm trying to be proud of being British though.
I do think they should allow British sports into this years olympics...egg and spoon race, sack race, beanbag race. ahh, good times.

GB getting so much gold is getting huge press in America at the moment.

Been a bit anti-climactic tonight but still o.k. Still think they should put more obstacles on the steeplechase though. one pool and a few hurdles isn't testing enough.

Been a bit anti-climactic tonight but still o.k. Still think they should put more obstacles on the steeplechase though. one pool and a few hurdles isn't testing enough.

I'm loving the bus one.

I really don't get the horse events in the olympics. Seems like the horse, not the rider, is the athelete. I am not sure it really belongs

People are highly sceptical about the Olympics in Britain at the moment, as they are about all UK events, unlike the US where enthusiasm and support is stronger for rallying occasions. In a few weeks this will change, when the Olympic torch moves through peoples towns and the games begin. People in Britain will look back on it and miss it when it's gone, because it will be a global event in our little country, and there will be instances which go down in history

Pretty spot on prophesy you made there, back in May. Just a few days left......

I really don't get the horse events in the olympics. Seems like the horse, not the rider, is the athelete. I am not sure it really belongs

The steeplechase is a track event. The runners run round the track with a few obstacles on it for about 8,000 meters! I haven't bothered with the horsey set...too posho!

Back
Top Bottom