Morrissey listed for 24-July 2012- Cascais Music Festival (Portugal)

Mozdn, ainda fumas ganza ou agora injectas-te com lixívia ?

Re: 24-July 2012- Cascais Music Festival (Portugal)

It looks as though the Portugal gig is cancelled. :(
http://www.dn.pt/inicio/artes/interior.aspx?content_id=2683705&seccao=M%FAsica
Thanks to Kevlarsoul at AYNIM for alerting us.

Google Translate version of above article:

Due to a muscle injury bassist, Morrissey's concert tonight has been cancelled. "We regret that due to a muscle injury in the back of Soloman Walker, Morrissey concert in Cascais Music Festival was canceled. Soloman Walker Morrissey's bassist and a core part of the band, so it is impossible to hold the concert without him", said the statement released today by promoter Everything is New.
The former Smiths frontman was playing tonight at the Hippodrome Manuel Possolo in Cascais, and this concert would mark his return to Portugal six years after having spent the Paredes de Coura Festival.
The British musician apologizes to all fans who bought tickets and promises to return to Portugal soon. Those fans who bought ticket should go to the respective place of purchase to receive the refund within 30 days, starting with the date of the event.

Last edited:
Bildschirmfoto 2012-07-24 um 20.35.22.png

Public profile screenshot. Interesting from where it was posted ...

View attachment 13747

Public profile screenshot. Interesting from where it was posted ...

First, if you have nothing better to do with your time than to obsess over- and screen grab- Boz's Facebook updates, well, that is beyond sad.

Second, I'll just briefly say that if he is updating his Facebook with a laptop (as opposed to a smartphone), it probably doesn't have GPS built into it, and Facebook uses wherever the IP address is registered, which is London, in Boz's case, as the "location". It's actually really common for those Facebook locations to be incorrect- just ask anyone who travels frequently for business.

Last edited:
Press release from Susan Blond regarding Cascais date - TTY

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_120724_01

From True To You:-

Press release from Susan Blond:

We are very sorry to inform that due to an unforeseen injury to Solomon Walker's back, Morrissey will not be able to perform at Cascais Music Festival tonight. Solomon Walker is the bass player and a central part of the band and it's impossible to do the concert without him.

We would like to apologise to all our fans who had bought tickets to see us but we promise we'll be back soon. Ticket refunds are available from the ticket vendor.

Re: Press release from Susan Blond regarding Cascais date - TTY

He's shite at playing the bass guitar anyway.

She left off the bit about 'Morrissey still has no record deal'...

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_120724_01

From True To You:-

Press release from Susan Blond:

We are very sorry to inform that due to an unforeseen injury to Solomon Walker's back, Morrissey will not be able to perform at Cascais Music Festival tonight. Solomon Walker is the bass player and a central part of the band and it's impossible to do the concert without him.

We would like to apologise to all our fans who had bought tickets to see us but we promise we'll be back soon. Ticket refunds are available from the ticket vendor.

Aren't all injuries "unforeseen"?

Aren't all injuries "unforeseen"?

Apparently not. When I turned up at my doctors and told him that I had put my balls in the dogs mouth, he said "i know where this is going" And he was spot on.

First, if you have nothing better to do with your time than to obsess over- and screen grab- Boz's Facebook updates, well, that is beyond sad.

Second, I'll just briefly say that if he is updating his Facebook with a laptop (as opposed to a smartphone), it probably doesn't have GPS built into it, and Facebook uses wherever the IP address is registered, which is London, in Boz's case, as the "location". It's actually really common for those Facebook locations to be incorrect- just ask anyone who travels frequently for business.

Well said! The conspiracy theorists just hate it when the blindingly obvious is pointed out to them. They all need to get a life.

Do you think she wanted to make it clear that this wasn't the result of a suicide attempt?

If she hadn't clarified that Solomon's back injury was unforeseen, I would've thought that he'd tried to top himself because of a feeling of inadequacy about his level of musical proficiency.

On reflection, though, I actually think that Susan doth protest too much. I mean, why specifically deny that Solomon tried to commit suicide if it was just some accident he'd had? Something here stinks. What I want to know is: will he try again? Watch this space.

He will return to Portugal !I´m sure! He´s got two many great fans here...We need Morrissey now ...much more than never...:tears::straightface:

he will return to portugal !i´m sure! He´s got two many great fans here...we need morrissey now ...much more than never...:tears::straightface:

dream on!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom