"Restored" version of Girl Afraid, Amsterdam 1983

Cornflakes

"A bit iffy" ★★☆☆☆ - AV Club
Thought I would share this MP3 which I made for myself.

The 1984 Vinyl Party recording has some sort of glitch about 1 min 20 into Girl Afraid. At least, it does on the version I have. I'm not sure what it is, but maybe the radio station was trying to mask a drop-out or a stage noise. A shame, because it's probably the best live version of this particular song.

Anyway, I've had a go at invisibly mending it. You can still tell there's an edit, but you have to listen really, really closely, so its a much better listen.

http://www.filedropper.com/girlafraidfixed2

PS I think the file may disappear after a while.

ETA: PPS Now replaced with a version of the file that's not really quiet in one ear. Sorry!

Last edited:
Thought I would share this MP3 which I made for myself.

The 1983 Vinyl Party recording has some sort of glitch about 1 min 20 into Girl Afraid. At least, it does on the version I have. I'm not sure what it is, but maybe the radio station was trying to mask a drop-out or a stage noise. A shame, because it's probably the best live version of this particular song.

Anyway, I've had a go at invisibly mending it. You can still tell there's an edit, but you have to listen really, really closely, so its a much better listen.

http://www.filedropper.com/girlafraidfixed2

PS I think the file may disappear after a while.

ETA: PPS Now replaced with a version of the file that's not really quiet in one ear. Sorry!

Thanks for this. I think you actually meant 1984, not 1983.

Obrigado. Bedankt. Thanks. Along with Laguna & Oxford, it's among the best live Smiths recordings. From this period, it's better than Hammersmith & Hamburg we would say. Still missing Glove, Charming, This Night, Ill & These Things from this concert though...

Obrigado. Bedankt. Thanks. Along with Laguna & Oxford, it's among the best live Smiths recordings. From this period, it's better than Hammersmith & Hamburg we would say. Still missing Glove, Charming, This Night, Ill & These Things from this concert though...

A slightly bass-reduced version of TCM is in the live compilation I have posted in this forum recently.

Thanks for this , Cornflakes. The glitch around the 1:20 mark is now quite unnoticeable ( to my ears)...

Back
Top Bottom