Tokyo - Zepp Tokyo (Apr. 24, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Black Cloud / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Scandinavia / Meat Is Murder / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Let Me Kiss You / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / When Last I Spoke To Carol // Still Ill

set list provided by VivaLove (via Facebook/Stephen Tait) and also an anonymous person. Scan from an anonymous person, from @i_m_i_k_i / Twitter.

Last edited:
Set list (as written):

1. How soon is now?
2. Irish blood, english heart
3. You have killed me
4. Alma matters
5. Black cloud
6. One day goodbye will be farewell
7. I know it's over
8. I'm throwing my arms around paris
9. Scandinavia
10. Meat is murder
11. To give is the reason i live
12. You're the one for me, fatty
13. Let me kiss you
14. Ouija
15. I will see you in far-off places
16. Last night i dreamt that somebody loved me
17. Please let me get what i want
18. When last i spoke to carol
encore: Still ill

Setlist as written (via Facebook/Stephen Tait)

How Soon Is Now?
Irish Blood, English Heart
You Have Killed Me
Alma Matters
Black Cloud
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
I Know It's Over
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Scandinavia
Meat Is Murder
To Give Is The Reason I Live
You're The One For Me, Fatty
Let Me Kiss You
Ouija
I Will See You In Far-Off Places
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
Please Let Me Get What I Want
When Last I Spoke To Carol

enc. Still Ill

Just back from the 2nd Tokyo show at the Zepp in Odaiba. Great show!
Moz is in fine form. His voice is "as clear as an azure sky of deepest summer." Very nice shirts, light pink, black, light blue -- none of which I caught -- and dark blue jeans. The band in jeans and red "Assad is shit" shirts. Boz glammed up in his blue sequin number, completely poker-faced -- almost menacingly calm -- from beginning to end. Japan flag on the drum and Moz wore the hinomaru as a skirt for the encore. Speaking of drums, Matt had a large bass drum to his left that lights up when pounded on. He did some almost taiko-eseque work on it, plus the gong.

Set list above is correct. I was lucky enough to catch the one that Solomon balled up and pitched into the audience at the end!
I made a point of not reading about the previous Japan shows (which I couldn't attend) so I was pleasantly surprised by the new song. Very heartfelt, soaring number. Will listen again on (iPhone) recording.

The encore was easily the most raucous part of the concert. In general the Smiths stuff is worshipped here (even more than other countries) so it could get a bit quiet during solo songs, but stuff like Irish Blood, Alma Matters and You're the One got big reactions.

Have to say that Jesse has markedly improved his live guitar work. Really like what he's done with Ouija Board (which some would argue should've been binned way back, but I love it). Strong on Still Ill and Fatty as well.

Will go through my recording later for some choice quotes but I'll never, ever forget Morrissey looking out into the audience in comic desperation and saying "Tasukete, tasukete!"

Will definitely hit additional Ebisu date and hopefully one outside of Tokyo. Maybe Nagoya, since Morrissey is so obsessed with that word.

Viva Mozfather!

Moz is in fine form. His voice is "as clear as an azure sky of deepest summer." Very nice shirts, light pink, black, light blue -- none of which I caught -- and dark blue jeans. The band in jeans and red "Assad is shit" shirts. Boz glammed up in his blue sequin number, completely poker-faced -- almost menacingly calm -- from beginning to end. Japan flag on the drum and Moz wore the hinomaru as a skirt for the encore. Speaking of drums, Matt had a large bass drum to his left that lights up when pounded on. He did some almost taiko-eseque work on it, plus the gong.

Set list above is correct. I was lucky enough to catch the one that Solomon balled up and pitched into the audience at the end!
I made a point of not reading about the previous Japan shows (which I couldn't attend) so I was pleasantly surprised by the new song. Very heartfelt, soaring number. Will listen again on (iPhone) recording.

The encore was easily the most raucous part of the concert. In general the Smiths stuff is worshipped here (even more than other countries) so it could get a bit quiet during solo songs, but stuff like Irish Blood, Alma Matters and You're the One got big reactions.

Have to say that Jesse has markedly improved his live guitar work. Really like what he's done with Ouija Board (which some would argue should've been binned way back, but I love it). Strong on Still Ill and Fatty as well.

Will go through my recording later for some choice quotes but I'll never, ever forget Morrissey looking out into the audience in comic desperation and saying "Tasukete, tasukete!"

Will definitely hit additional Ebisu date and hopefully one outside of Tokyo. Maybe Nagoya, since Morrissey is so obsessed with that word.

Viva Mozfather!

glad you enjjoyed it. you have waited long enough! have fun at the other shows
so what does Tasukete mean?
the song"to give" is a coverversion- do you mean this with the new song?
hopefuly someone recorded that one properly,audio or video
oh wait, you mentioned recording it? is it possible to upload? thanks.

Oh, one Morrissey stage comment I will relate now before crashing: "Next month celebrates, or, doesn't celebrate, 30 years of my singing voice. And in all that time, my favourite band is now, and they are [introductions]"

Last edited:
Thanks. I have waited a decade, indeed!

Okay, I stand corrected. I had NO idea Moz was doing Franki Valli covers! I should've brought me mum along!

"Tasukete!" means "Help me!" (somewhat feminine form)

glad you enjjoyed it. you have waited long enough! have fun at the other shows
so what does Tasukete mean?
the song"to give" is a coverversion- do you mean this with the new song?
hopefuly someone recorded that one properly,audio or video
oh wait, you mentioned recording it? is it possible to upload? thanks.

While I don't think Jesse stands out as a song-writer I have always thought he was excellent live.

To stand 2 feet away from him and watch him play the intro to Death of a Disco Dancer was very cool.

I know I'm in the minority of Moz fans that like Jesse but I liked him from the first time he played Shoplifters and nailed the solo back on the Quarry tour after Alain left and Little Barrie had his short stint as lead guitarist.

Viva Mozfather!

Thanks for the review! Hey any chance if you catch another gig you could get a recording of I Give on your phone? If you have a fancy phone, that is. You seem like a fancy phone type of guy. :p

Viva Mozfather!

Great, thanks :guitar: :cool: Sweet!

japanesebakery6.jpg

Attachments

• japanesebakery6.jpg
    japanesebakery6.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom